Online AP Renewal Question

BGRose

Registered Users (C)
I'm thinking about renewing my AP online. Are there any disadvantages to the electronic filing vs paper renewal application? Do I need to go to Finger Printing appointment (USCIS website says that fingerprints are not required for online AP renewal but I do not trust their website as the information is sometimes outdated)? Can I upload digital photographs or do I still need to mail paper photos along with the supporting docs? Thanks for sharing your experiences.

I have been applying online for the last 4 years - it takes about 5 minutes to complete and you get your EAC or SRC number depending on your USCIS center. No finger priniting required for AP, just mail two passport sized photos to USCIS.

It is personal preference. If you like efile, just go ahead and do it or the reverse. You will not save any time because you have to mail the photos by regular mail. I personally prefer paper based applications.

My thoughts:

For paper filing, the case will be entered in the database on (or around) the notice date. Whereas for e-filing, I think the case has been already entered in the system during filing. Typically the notice date lags behind the receipt date. So isn't e-file is faster?

Comments appreciated.

For all the guys who have renewed their AP multiple times. I am asking the most commonly asked question, what is "Class of Admission" ?

I entered US on H1B (per my I-94) but now I am working on an EAD (voided my H1B status).

There is a debate between:

Class of Admission = The visa status you have used to enter US the last time
Class of Admission = Your current immigration status

what do you guys think ? Shall I write "I-485 pending" (my current status) or "H1B" (my last entry status) ?

My thoughts:

For paper filing, the case will be entered in the database on (or around) the notice date. Whereas for e-filing, I think the case has been already entered in the system during filing. Typically the notice date lags behind the receipt date. So isn't e-file is faster?

Comments appreciated.

what is "Class of Admission" ?

what do you guys think ? Shall I write "I-485 pending" (my current status) or "H1B" (my last entry status) ?

My lawyer had adviced me 2 years back to use 'I-485 Adj." I have been using that since and getting my approvals.