one year physical presence

tributeblinky

Registered Users (C)
hi guys,

what does the one year physical presence requirement for I-485 filing mean?! can u travel outside the us during that one year on short trips and still apply after 1 year?

so lets say some one was granted asylum on august 1st 2008 and will be eligible to file on august 1st 2009. if he travels 3 times, spread out, for trips of 1 or 2 week(s) during that one year waiting period, would he still be eligible to apply on august 1 2009 or his eligibility date will be delayed by the number of days he spent outside the us?

also, if someone gets the RTD and never uses it during that one year (never travelled), does that effect his I-485 AOS application in anyway?

and finally, do u guys have ay tips regarding I485 filing?

thanks u guys

happy holidays

so lets say some one was granted asylum on august 1st 2008 and will be eligible to file on august 1st 2009. if he travels 3 times, spread out, for trips of 1 or 2 week(s) during that one year waiting period, would he still be eligible to apply on august 1 2009 or his eligibility date will be delayed by the number of days he spent outside the us?
He needs to spend at least one year in the US as asylee. So, there will be 3 weeks delay until he can file, if he spends 3 weeks outside.

also, if someone gets the RTD and never uses it during that one year (never travelled), does that effect his I-485 AOS application in anyway?
Nope.

how do they check how long u have been outside the us tho?? i mean i understand when they say after one year of residing in the us, coz for that u can simply show school letters, leases or employment letters, confirming that u have been a resident here, but what about actual days of being in the states?

has any one travelled outside the states within that one year and still applied for GC (I-485 based on asylum) on the same eligibility date (one year after the date asylum granted) without delays (e.g. 14 days outside the us in total, hence 14 days delay on their eligibility date)?

thanks u guys

Boarding passes for the airplane; stamps in your travel documents

Why would one apply on the same date to make him ineligible?