• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

one weird thing!!!!!!

bonno

Registered Users (C)
hello evryone

I sent the forms back to kcc and now i am waiting for the secong notification letter.
I was born in Europe CN2010EU00005xxx but i am from africa and my husband is french i don't have the french nationality yet.
I talked to a guy who told me that he used to work for the embassy and he told me one strange thing. He told me that even if i included my husband on my e-dv he won't get a visa that will permit him to work in the US. In other words he will follow me but he canno't work because they will suspect our marriage to be a false marriage just because we don't have the same nationality. I was surprised and i told him that we are married since 2006 we have a kid together and that we live together. But he kept saying the same thing. If it is really true that is unfair and how do they expect him to make a living if he doesn't work+ the white marriage thing has to be verified first by the french government right i mean after all i a'm married to a french citizen.
Of course we had no problem whatsoever with the french governement who celebrated our marriage in 2006!

(since 2002 cause that's when i met my husband when we were in university...), rent bills, bank account's etc...Have you ever heard of something like this. I mean if the us consular asks me to prove our marriage beside a marriage certificate i have lots of picture, bills , bank accounts with both our name... But i just think it's weird don't you!!!!

He told me that even if i included my husband on my e-dv he won't get a visa that will permit him to work in the US.
Easy answer, you spoke with an complete idiot. You both get a GC and are allowed to work whenever and whereever you will in the US.

Bonno you shouldn't break a sweat about what that moron told you. Since you're legally married to your husband, that marriage is binding & legally recognized all over the world. Go ahead & have your dv program processed. If you're successful and get issued an immigrant visa, your husband get's a derivative immigrant visa as well. Same applies to your child. Don't go around listening to some nitwit who in his ignorance feeds you very inaccurate information based on claims of having worked at the embassy. I doubt if he really worked there. Maybe as a very low-level staff. How else can he come up with such crap ?

Bonno, your husband is entitled to a full-fledged derivative immigrant visa which would culminate in a GC with full rights & privileges as befits any bona fide GC holder in the States.

I guess you will get it but it might be harder due to the fact that it is strange that you don't have the same nationality and that causes a red flag. If you have so much proof that will help a lot, but over here they are very causious about scam marriages to get into the country and not having the same nationalities might be a red flag.
IMO the employee might have scared you a little too much but was also honest to make the suspision remark. Now you can collect all the proof and maybe explain why you don't have the same nationality.

Good Luck.

I guess you will get it but it might be harder due to the fact that it is strange that you don't have the same nationality and that causes a red flag. If you have so much proof that will help a lot, but over here they are very causious about scam marriages to get into the country and not having the same nationalities might be a red flag.
IMO the employee might have scared you a little too much but was also honest to make the suspision remark. Now you can collect all the proof and maybe explain why you don't have the same nationality.

Good Luck.

Hmmm...married a whole 3 years BEFORE they even won the DV lottery.
Lived together a whole 7 years BEFORE they even won the DV lottery.
Had a child together BEFORE they even won the DV lottery.
Yes, these are the traits of someone out to cheat the system.
Your ramblings make a lot of sense as usual.

You both will get GC, so dont worry.
When I submitted the paperwork, my husband and I only been married for few months, and we never being questioned.

Hmmm...married a whole 3 years BEFORE they even won the DV lottery.
Lived together a whole 7 years BEFORE they even won the DV lottery.
Had a child together BEFORE they even won the DV lottery.
Yes, these are the traits of someone out to cheat the system.
Your ramblings make a lot of sense as usual.

I didn't say she doesn't have a chance. IMO she has a good chance since she stated she has pictures and more to proof they have a long time relationship BUT I added I can understand it will show up as a red flag since the USCIS or consulate doesn't have the proof until they have seen it at the interview.
How many people have married and got kids just to get or stay in the country...the INS isn't stupid, but she has proof. Some don't even live together and she stated she has bills in both their name, but she still will have to show the proof so if I were her I would be grateful for the warning since now she has a chance to prepare herself to get all the proof and take it with her. Otherwise without the knowledge and proof she would have had a chance to either be denied or to be rescheduled and that can delay the process for a while and on top of that she would have gotten very nervous. Now she knows what she might run into and it is always better to be prepared than not know...JMO.

You both will get GC, so dont worry.
When I submitted the paperwork, my husband and I only been married for few months, and we never being questioned.

Did you have the same nationality? That might be in the OP's case the red flag and not in your case...but I think with proof it won't be a big issue. Every case is different, just ask a lawyer.

It doesn't matter if they have the same nationality nor is this a red flag case. It would if they had married after the NL arrived but not for a marriage happened a couple of years ago.

THANKs YOU'ALL

As usual you guys help a lot.
To answer bentlebee we don't have the same nationality because in France you have to wait 5 years to apply for citizenship if you are married to a french citizen. Since my husband and i have been married in 2006, i'll have to wait 2011 to file for citizenship till then i have the equivalent of a green card called "carte de sejour" that permits me to work and live in france.

Anyways like i said if they really need other proofs than the marriage certificate i have no problems with that but things would have been so much easier if people who can't give you the right info (like for instance the "former embassy employee") just simply answer "i dont know"!!!!