one more question

aatish231

Registered Users (C)
Nelson my lawyer is still telling me that on i-129 it should say new employment and not concurrent. Even though i have a valid tn i informed him that i will be transitioning from one job to another and would require the old TN he's still telling me it should be new employment and not concurrent.

Is their anything online which can help me clear this with him?

I know i have asked this before but can you please let me know one more time if they applied under New employment would this invalidate my old TN?

I would really appreciate your help in this matter.

Thanks

disregard this the law firm did some search and decided to send it as concurrent tn

Thanks for all your help Nelson

Just so that you will know for next time:

There is a reason there are various categories on the I-129. Based on your circumstance, this was new, concurrent employment. Period. end of story. If whether or not you had another valid work authorization didn't matter, then wh ywould they specifically list 2 different situatios: New employment and New concurrent employment.

Would new employment have cancelled your old one? Maybe. Change of employer certainly would have. I explained this on your other thread.

In future, start one thread and stick to it. This is not a new issue for you, no need to start a new thread.

Just another example wherte just because an immig lawyer says something about TN, they are not necessarily correct, since TN is not about lawyers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just so that you will know for next time:

There is a reason there are various categories on the I-129. Based on your circumstance, this was new, concurrent employment. Period. end of story. If whether or not you had another valid work authorization didn't matter, then wh ywould they specifically list 2 different situatios: New employment and New concurrent employment.

Would new employment have cancelled your old one? Maybe. Change of employer certainly would have. I explained this on your other thread.

In future, start one thread and stick to it. This is not a new issue for you, no need to start a new thread.

Just another example wherte just because an immig lawyer says something about TN, they are not necessarily correct, since TN is not about lawyers.

Nelson i agree with you it seems like the lawyer has confused me at every point. They couldn't even write a TN letter.
I had to give them my old letter so they can make a glorified copy and even then their are mistakes after mistakes.
Six years and i have come to trust your opinion so i asked
I will try to in the future keep a single post.
Thanks for all your help.