On I-485 leaving country question

nagrawa

Registered Users (C)
I was with Company A and changed jobs to Company B(I-140 cleared and > 6 months for 485).
I got the advance parole document when I was with company A. I have submitted AC-21
I am planning to go to india in December. Will I have any problems reentering the country. What document should i take.
From the forum i have read that I would need. I -140 approval reciept, I-485 application reciept , my advance parole documents. CAn anypone think of anything else.

I do not think you'd have any problem reentering. bring your most recent paystub, your business card, and employment verification letter. Most of the time they won't be checked, but just to be safe.

nagrawa said:
I was with Company A and changed jobs to Company B(I-140 cleared and > 6 months for 485).
I got the advance parole document when I was with company A. I have submitted AC-21
--- that is OK
I am planning to go to india in December.
Will I have any problems reentering the country
------- no problem if you enter before AP expires
. What document should i take.

------ passport,Valid AP and also take I-485 filing reciept with you (show I-485 filing reciept only if asked at POE) if you have EAd keep it with you( EAD is not needed for entry)
From the forum i have read that I would need. I -140 approval reciept, I-485 application reciept , my advance parole documents. CAn anypone think of anything else.
----- I-140 filing reciept or I-140 approval is not needed and 99% cases they dont ask for I-485 filing reciept, just show your passport and AP at POE

Ac21

Hi nagrawa,

Did your LUD chnage when you applied for AC21. I have applied for it and its been a month and the LUD has not changed. Can you let me know if your LUD changed after you applied for AC21.

nagrawa said:
I am planning to go to india in December. Will I have any problems reentering the country. What document should i take.

Keep a copy of the AC21 letter that you submitted, but show it only if asked about the employer. I think you will be OK.

Thaks to everybody that replied

Ke_Parf. What do you mean by LUD? I would love to answer your question but dont know what you mean.
My case is pretty simple. I use to work for company A and changed to company B . I just hired a new lawyer different to the one I had with company A. If anyone has any questions about it please feel free to ask i would love to help as I got the confidence of changing jobs after gaiing all the kowledge from this forum

nagrawa said:
Thaks to everybody that replied

Ke_Parf. What do you mean by LUD? I would love to answer your question but dont know what you mean.
---- LUD= Last update, I dont know why they started usin LUD they can simply write last update
My case is pretty simple. I use to work for company A and changed to company B . I just hired a new lawyer different to the one I had with company A.
--you did a correct thing by hiring your own lawyer, no problems with your AP or entry with AP, AP is based on YOUR I-485 it has nothing to do with employer A or B. relax!!
If anyone has any questions about it please feel free to ask i would love to help as I got the confidence of changing jobs after gaiing all the kowledge from this forum
------Many ask about AC21 sample letter if you can post the sample letter that you submited to USCIS it will help many( your name and company name delited)
Good Luck!!

Hi Nagrawa,

I am repeating ke-park's question.

After you submit AC-21, was there any change in your online status/date.
Did you get any email/REF. after your submission?

Thanks

I will be postig my AC-21 letter on Monday and i will type the format o Tuesday. I will keep the forum updated of RFE's and any complications or success
Thanks