• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

OK to Travel to the US while being considered for DV2009?

cheers mate

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

I won DV2009 and sent of all my paperwork back to the KCC in May, since then I have heard nothing from. I live in Europe and my case number was in the 4000's.

My question is this... I was thinking of going out to the US for a few weeks at the end of September till the middle of October. My cousin who already lives out there seems to think that this might be a problem while I am undergoing the DV lottery, can anyone else clarify? And if I cant travel there what would the reason be?

Also, when should I expect the interview going by my case number? I don't want to receive all the info while I am out there and mess up my chances by not being correctly prepared when the date comes. Can I call the KCC and find out (I remember it said on the letter not to call them)?

Any help on all above matters would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers

hi Guys,

I Won Dv2009 And Sent Of All My Paperwork Back To The Kcc In May, Since Then I Have Heard Nothing From. I Live In Europe And My Case Number Was In The 4000's.

My Question Is This... I Was Thinking Of Going Out To The Us For A Few Weeks At The End Of September Till The Middle Of October. My Cousin Who Already Lives Out There Seems To Think That This Might Be A Problem While I Am Undergoing The Dv Lottery, Can Anyone Else Clarify? And If I Cant Travel There What Would The Reason Be?

Also, When Should I Expect The Interview Going By My Case Number? I Don't Want To Receive All The Info While I Am Out There And Mess Up My Chances By Not Being Correctly Prepared When The Date Comes. Can I Call The Kcc And Find Out (i Remember It Said On The Letter Not To Call Them)?

Any Help On All Above Matters Would Be Greatly Appreciated,

Cheers

How Low Ur Number Is, Will Determine When U'll Have Ur Interview. If U Are From A Visa Waiver Country, I Don't Know If Flying To The Us When U've Already Submitted Ur Immigrant Forms To Kcc Would Cause A Problem. I Guess They Won't Know At Poe Unless U Tell Them.
The Reason Why You Might Not Be Allowed Entry Would Be That Since U've Shown Immigrant Intent By Returning Ur Completed Forms To Kcc, U Cannot Be Allowed In As A Non-immigrant.

You know what.... I actually asked this question a couple of months back, and totally forgot to follow it up... Having remembered just now I have seen many responses to the original post answering my now repeated question!

Really sorry about that guys, but the other questions regarding interview date etc, I still don't know the answer to.

Cheers

I am sure that I replied to your thread too, if not then here it is again:

NL may 2007
Travel to US on VWP the 9th January 2008-07-28, no issues at immigration
Current June 2008-07-28

As I went through immigration I did get a little nervous, I always do as I know they can refuse entry and while its never happened to me before Its always a worry. I was also with a large contingent from my company on the way to a conference and if I had have had any problems, it would have been very awkward trying to explain that I had applied for DV/GC and that I was not being allowed into the US and that the cost of my flights was a waist of money! I’d have been in trouble then. As it turned out I travelled in and out on the VWP with out incident.

I am sure that I replied to your thread too, if not then here it is again:

NL may 2007
Travel to US on VWP the 9th January 2008-07-28, no issues at immigration
Current June 2008-07-28

As I went through immigration I did get a little nervous, I always do as I know they can refuse entry and while its never happened to me before Its always a worry. I was also with a large contingent from my company on the way to a conference and if I had have had any problems, it would have been very awkward trying to explain that I had applied for DV/GC and that I was not being allowed into the US and that the cost of my flights was a waist of money! I’d have been in trouble then. As it turned out I travelled in and out on the VWP with out incident.

Hi alemitmee,

I posted a similar question on another forum and you gave me your toughts. I just saw that you travelled to the US while you had a pending DV case. Of course you didn't need a visa. My wife has got a valid B1/B2 visa. And we had a plan to go the the US this comin September. My visa is expired and I canceled my application for a non immigrant visa becasue I don't wanna take risk on my DV processing. . . per the information I got from other forums. Having seen your post above, something came into my mind. What do you think if my wife travels to the US as planned??

Thank you