OH. MY. GOD. Approved!!

ASSYLEE

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys, I came home last night and found my approval letter and my Green Card in the mail. I cant' believe it took only two months from the time I applied!! Thank you to everyone for all of their support. Best of luck to everyone as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is amazing how quick your approval was. am hoping to have some good luck like you. TSC received my RFE on 6/30/09 and i did my FP code 3 on 6/25/2009. my LUD says i should hear from them in 30 to 60 days from the date they received my RFE (6/30/09). Everything has gone smooth considering my ND was 6/01/2009. Am very anxious and checking my status daily. @ASSLEE, did yu check your LUD often and was there any change before you received approval and GC in the mail?

I have the same question as mamatonny. Did you guys see changes in LUD before getting the welcome notice? or the welcome notice came directly to your mail?

In my case, TSC received my RFE on June 12 and the message saying that I would receive a written decision/ or written update within 60 days. I have seen updates on June 14, 15, 16, 17 (without changes in status) then nothing. I am very nervous as I am waitting for the GC to start my new job. (I did my finger prints code 3 right a month after I applied).

Mamatonny: can I ask? what kind of document you submitted per request? In my case, it was a waiver, form I-602.

I have the same question as mamatonny. Did you guys see changes in LUD before getting the welcome notice? or the welcome notice came directly to your mail?

In my case, TSC received my RFE on June 12 and the message saying that I would receive a written decision/ or written update within 60 days. I have seen updates on June 14, 15, 16, 17 (without changes in status) then nothing. I am very nervous as I am waitting for the GC to start my new job. (I did my finger prints code 3 right a month after I applied).

Mamatonny: can I ask? what kind of document you submitted per request? In my case, it was a waiver, form I-602.

I had NO updates to my file. I was sent an RFI to do the medical and to my knowledge, my online status still says the same thing now as it did when I got the RFI. I have not checked it since I got my approval and my GC. I never received a status email or anything of that sort. So don't worry if you don't see any LUD's.

Thanks Assylee. Hope the news would come to mail unexpectedly. I applied almost the same time as you did. My ND is Feb 19. My Bio code 3 was done on March 25. But TSC processing time is about 5 months longer than NSC. Which service center did you apply?

@Poorme, my RFE they asked for G325A which i had already submitted with initial application but i sent another one again anyway and also the Medical. I did my FPcode3 on 6/25/09 ( the day MJ died ). Hopefully we will wake up one morning and find our GC and approval waiting for us in our mailbox. Am so anxious. It's good to know the others who received their GC recently did not necessarily have an LUD change.

Thanks Assylee. Hope the news would come to mail unexpectedly. I applied almost the same time as you did. My ND is Feb 19. My Bio code 3 was done on March 25. But TSC processing time is about 5 months longer than NSC. Which service center did you apply?

Texas.

NEW I-94 for derivative asylee who was in the US?

Thanks again.

Congratulations!

Quick Question for every one,
I just got an approval notice(I-797) as beneficiary asylee. Should that receipt(I-797) be enough to inquire EAD or I have to have NEW I-94?

In other words, for derivative asylee(who was in the US,) does he need to have a new I-94? I have had one since I came as as student.

Regards,:)

Ermias

Congratulations!

Quick Question for every one,
I just got an approval notice(I-797) as beneficiary asylee. Should that receipt(I-797) be enough to inquire EAD or I have to have NEW I-94?

In other words, for derivative asylee(who was in the US,) does he need to have a new I-94? I have had one since I came as as student.

Regards,:)

Ermias

I never got a new I-94. Notice that you've got a different A-number in your I-797. That is going to be your permanent A-number, unlike the previously issued randomly generated A-number. Make sure that you've got that number in the EAD application. And also, try to make sure that you sent them a note that you're applying for a new EAD card based on your change of status.

They rejected my EAD card application based on derivative asylee status because I "failed" to include an appropriate application fee ( I applied for it even though my previous EAD card based on economic hardship was good till August ). I changed the A-number, wrote a note and told them that I was entitled to a free EAD card and filled another application and got approved within 2-3 weeks. The new card is good for 2 years.

Asylee, I want to make sure I understand you:

Did you receive your GC 3 months after mailing the I-485 application at the Texas SC? So you did your fingerprints and interview all withon that 3mo period?

Or did you get the GC 3 mo after the interview?

Please clarify.

Asylee, I want to make sure I understand you:

Did you receive your GC 3 months after mailing the I-485 application at the Texas SC? So you did your fingerprints and interview all withon that 3mo period?

Or did you get the GC 3 mo after the interview?

Please clarify.

Did you even read my timeline? ;) There was no interview. I got my BIO and RFI for medical a week after I got my Notice. I'll post the relevant part in the message.

Notice Date: 02/09
RFI: 02/09
Bio 3 performed: 03/21/04
Medical Received by TSC: 03/24/09
GC APPROVED!!!!!! AHHHH!!!!! 04/08/09!!!!! Almost two months after I applied!!!!!!

Be patient, I am new to this and just sent my own paperwork to the Texas Service Center last Saturday. I wish I knew about this forum before. I'll look up on the Glossary what "RFI" is cause I don't know yet.

Be patient, I am new to this and just sent my own paperwork to the Texas Service Center last Saturday. I wish I knew about this forum before. I'll look up on the Glossary what "RFI" is cause I don't know yet.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean anything by that!! :) RFI means Request For Initial Evidence. In this case, it was a request to do my Medical.. I could have theroetically submitted my medical form with my I-485 but I didn't do it. I submitted the forms and did my fingerprints and I had the wind knocked out of me when I found the GC in the mail after a long business trip in DC. The GC approval was dated exactly two months after the Notice date. I hope yours is just as fast.

asylee thank you for posting your TimeFrame. I have been looking foward to this. So far i have done everything yu did and mine RFI and FP3 notice came together and very fast. within a week after my ND. Texas received my RFI on 6/30/09 and am just waiting for approval hopefully it will in two weeks after TSC receiving RFI just like yours. my two weeks ends tommorrow. AM CROSSING MY FINGERS.