official procedure and 485

lostmom

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone know the official link to USCIS page telling step by step about the citizenship process.I have filled N-400 and have other documents, but not sure if that is all what is needed and where to send etc.

When will I be called for interview?When will I have test? When will I take oath?Where do I read about the logical steps in the process?

Also since many of you said that carrying approved I-485 is a good idea, my question is do I need to carry original or will a copy do?

Also, my husband is not applying for citizenship right now and I got greencard through him.Do I need to carry his 485 etc also?

Does anyone know the official link to USCIS page telling step by step about the citizenship process.I have filled N-400 and have other documents, but not sure if that is all what is needed and where to send etc.

When will I be called for interview?When will I have test? When will I take oath?Where do I read about the logical steps in the process?

Also since many of you said that carrying approved I-485 is a good idea, my question is do I need to carry original or will a copy do?

Also, my husband is not applying for citizenship right now and I got greencard through him.Do I need to carry his 485 etc also?

I thought one submited original I485. If you meant I-485 approval notice, mmany if not most even do not know where it is now.
Maybe threw it away or handed over back to the USCIS when ordering physcial GC

1) Does anyone know the official link to USCIS page telling step by step about the citizenship process.I have filled N-400 and have other documents, but not sure if that is all what is needed and where to send etc.

Answer: www.uscis.gov/files/article/M-476.pdf and http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=d84d6811264a3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD

2) When will I be called for interview?When will I have test? When will I take oath?Where do I read about the logical steps in the process?

Answer:
a) for being called for an interview, it depends on your local office. Here's the link: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/ProcTimes.do

b) for taking a test, please take a look at http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=9f2e9ddf801b3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD

c) Main documents that you need to send are 1) green card, 2) passport(s), 3) N-400 form, 4) check (including fingerprint fees and N-400 fees), 5) photos, 6) tax filings (either before interview or during the interview), 7) if traffic citations are more than $500, submit proof of payments or proof of court documents or MVA/DMV records. 8) any court documents if you had or have criminal history. Where to send is.. read your guide or N-400 instructions. If you are married, bring the marriage certificate with you to the interview. Do not travel outside USA too much until your citizenship journey is done.

d) You will receive the notices after you mail the N-400 application. The notices are 1) fingerprint notice, 2) interview notice and 3) oath notice.

3) Also since many of you said that carrying approved I-485 is a good idea, my question is do I need to carry original or will a copy do? Also, my husband is not applying for citizenship right now and I got greencard through him.Do I need to carry his 485 etc also?

Answer: You don't need your husband's 485. It is an individual N-400 application. You qualify to apply if you live for 5 continuous years. All you need to prove is your green card. If you lost your green card, you can use your approved 485, not your husband's 485.