Officer told me I could Switch jobs..no problem. What do Gurus say?

I will go for interview

I should have been more clear. The date was Feb 6th (at 1pm) for the interview which has already passed. And I got the letter 2 days back due to postal delays. I already attend interview on Feb 6th with wife at 10:30am. Now what should I do? Take the letter and explain by setting up infopass?

I am also seriously considering to change jobs for better position and salary.
My PD is Sept 03 under EB3 and it might take upto 3 yrs.

So, in order to change jobs and be safe - is it ok if my new employers writes a letter with exact title, more salary and same job responisibility as on my labor application. Is there any risk if I take care of these things?

I have a good lawyer and he said he will file I-140 portability once I give him a new letter.

What do the guru's think here?

Ay indea???? Please help:confused:

Hi TSCEB2,

I am thinking of doing the same, and I was wondering what would be needed later on <if any> of the new employer? would they ask for a employment confirmation letter from the new employer? would they ask for "ability to pay" and tax letters from the new employer? would they ask for pay stubs? Please advise

Thanks

Hi TSCEB2,

I am thinking of doing the same, and I was wondering what would be needed later on <if any> of the new employer? would they ask for a employment confirmation letter from the new employer? would they ask for "ability to pay" and tax letters from the new employer? would they ask for pay stubs? Please advise

Thanks

Hi Karkoor24,

From your employer, you need item # 1 below.

For a AC-21 package for the USCIS, I would recommend the following:

(1) A simple letter from your new employer (on company letterhead) indicating the following. USCIS refers to this letter as the "Employment Verification Letter" (EVL):
(a) Title (same or similar to your Labor title)
(b) Brief description of job duties (same or similar to your Labor description)
(c) The fact that it is a "permanent" position (not temporary position)
(d) The fact that it is a salaried position

(2) A simple cover letter that clearly demonstrates your eligibility for AC-21 (i.e. 180 days lapsed since i-485 receipt date, i-140 is approved, position is in the same / similar filed, job duties are the same / similar, reference to the AC-21). I would recommend using the "Yates 2005 Memo" as an inspiration for your cover letter.

(3) Copy of the Yates 2005 Memo with the applicable sections highlighted.

(4) Copy of -140 approval notice.

(5) Copy of i-485 receipt notice.

(6) Copy of the EAD card.

Last edited by a moderator:
TSCEB2

Thanks a lot habibi, I appreciate your help. The good news is you've not listed paystubs as a requirement in the package.

Once again, thanks so much

Hi Karkoor24,

From your employer, you need item # 1 below.

For a AC-21 package for the USCIS, I would recommend the following:

(1) A simple letter from your new employer (on company letterhead) indicating the following. USCIS refers to this letter as the "Employment Verification Letter" (EVL):
(a) Title (same or similar to your Labor title)
(b) Brief description of job duties (same or similar to your Labor description)
(c) The fact that it is a "permanent" position (not temporary position)
(d) The fact that it is a salaried position

(2) A simple cover letter that clearly demonstrates your eligibility for AC-21 (i.e. 180 days lapsed since i-485 receipt date, i-140 is approved, position is in the same / similar filed, job duties are the same / similar, reference to the AC-21). I would recommend using the "Yates 2005 Memo" as an inspiration for your cover letter.

(3) Copy of the Yates 2005 Memo with the applicable sections highlighted.

(4) Copy of -140 approval notice.

(5) Copy of i-485 receipt notice.

(6) Copy of the EAD card.

It's promising that the officer has indicated a job switch should pose no problem. However, it's essential to ensure that your transition aligns with the regulations and requirements of your visa status. Consulting with knowledgeable individuals, often called 'Gurus,' can provide valuable guidance in navigating this process effectively.

Considering your specific situation, where your priority date is under EB3, and the process may take up to 3 years, it's prudent to carefully evaluate any potential risks or drawbacks associated with changing jobs.