• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

October Visa bulletin is available....

breandan

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

the October visa bulletin is available:

B. DIVERSITY IMMIGRANT (DV) CATEGORY

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 8,300 Except:

Egypt:
Ethiopia:
Nigeria:

ASIA 7,000
EUROPE 9,100
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 2
OCEANIA 375
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 450

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK
CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN NOVEMBER

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 14,000 Except:
Egypt:
Ethiopia:
Nigeria:

ASIA 7,200
EUROPE 9,500
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 2
OCEANIA 475
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 575

According to the visa bulletin October'09 CN from Asia are current 7200 for November. It was 7000 for October. Is that mean only 200 visa available for Asia in November?

According to the visa bulletin October'09 CN from Asia are current 7200 for November. It was 7000 for October. Is that mean only 200 visa available for Asia in November?

I think becuase this is first month as October'09 (7000) KCC might not know how many people will interview on time or some people change interview date
so they need to time for reschedule that is why November(7200)so I think after end of October the cut NO. will be more accurate.

I really hope for December it will increase more. It's only 400 numbers for EU, from 9100 to 9500 in November, and my number is 27*** :(...I am starting to worry I might not make it to the interview...

Relax guys there is still loads of time. In December numbers slow down probably because of the holiday. I remember I had a long wait before my interview in June this year. Some months will be better than others. A good indicator will be the 2009 bulletin. Use it to predict when you will become current by comparing your case number in yr region to the 2009. From my assessment the idea is for KCC to improve figures from the previous year. Hence they will try to have as many cases go through to utilize all the available Visas. All the best.

I really hope for December it will increase more. It's only 400 numbers for EU, from 9100 to 9500 in November, and my number is 27*** :(...I am starting to worry I might not make it to the interview...

Hello marioana,

If you compare your number with the DV for Fiscal Year 2009, your number should be current in June 2010. That's not too bad. Are you going for CP or AOS?

Good luck everyone!

I am doing CP. What worries me is that in DV2009 from October to November the difference was over 2000 numbers. Now is only 500. I really hope DV2005 does not repeat ...

hurraaayyy! Thank God it's finally out.

Keep the Faith, people. I know its difficult to keep waiting for each bulletin, but stay strong. Have Faith in God. Dont think about the lottery too often. You can't change anything by worrying, but you can change much by praying!

I am doing CP. What worries me is that in DV2009 from October to November the difference was over 2000 numbers. Now is only 500. I really hope DV2005 does not repeat ...

I know what you mean about DV2005. I don't know what was the highest case number for Europe in DV2005 but it could be interesting to find it out and compare it with the next fiscal years.

I searched the Visa Bulletin archives for when a case number ranging in 27,000 for Europe became current from 2002 to 2009. It seems that the tendency, for the last 4 years, is to advance a month each year:
DV2002: Current in July 2002
DV2003: Current in May 2003
DV2004: Current in September 2004
DV2005: It was never current
DV2006: Current in September 2006
DV2007: Current in August 2007
DV2008: Current in July 2008
DV2009: Current in June 2009

Maybe your CN becomes current in May 2010???? :rolleyes:

Good luck

This is the bulletin that was out last month...not a new one.

Dear bentlebee,
Probably you are wrong. I think that this is the new bulleting for October'09. You can also find here current numbers for November'09. Just keep a deep look on this new bulletin.

Dear bentlebee,
Probably you are wrong. I think that this is the new bulleting for October'09. You can also find here current numbers for November'09. Just keep a deep look on this new bulletin.

You are right...I noticed EU went up by 400....wow, I guess many people send in their papers late to KCC.

You are right...I noticed EU went up by 400....wow, I guess many people send in their papers late to KCC.

I don't think that the cut-off numbers are related with the number of applications received by KCC. For example, what do you think would happen if everyone with case numbers 10,000 and up sent their applications to KCC but not the applicants with case numbers below 10k? Another example, what happens if everyone in France send their applications but not people from Spain?

I don't think that the cut-off numbers are related with the number of applications received by KCC. For example, what do you think would happen if everyone with case numbers 10,000 and up sent their applications to KCC but not the applicants with case numbers below 10k? Another example, what happens if everyone in France send their applications but not people from Spain?

I don't work at KCC so i can't really answer your question but i guess people who send in later, will be later invited for their interview and others would go earlier...since the file has to be processed before they give you a date for your interview.

So in the case you describe....people with higher numbers could be pushed back since the lower numbers still have to be called and in the beginning not many will have an interview and later on CP/AOS will get an overload of files which can resume in less visa's given out due to not enough time before Sep. 30 to process every one....

I don't work at KCC so i can't really answer your question but i guess people who send in later, will be later invited for their interview and others would go earlier...since the file has to be processed before they give you a date for your interview.

So in the case you describe....people with higher numbers could be pushed back since the lower numbers still have to be called and in the beginning not many will have an interview and later on CP/AOS will get an overload of files which can resume in less visa's given out due to not enough time before Sep. 30 to process every one....

I'm sorry but it simply doesn't make any sense to me...

According to the visa bulletin - In October 7000 for Asia. Every consular office has weekends. So without weekends about 300 winner will take part in interview each day in october all over Asia. But in November it will be only 8 person each day. In Starting month (October) each day 300 and next month (November) each day only 8 winner's interview!!! I am really confused. My CN is 2010AS00004xxx. Can I hope my interview in October?

I am trying to get my hopes up and made some thinking :).
Let's say that they have the capacity of interviewing 4500 people in a month. When they had to release the visa bulletin the first 4500 applications processed had their numbers until 9100 (I am talking EU here). So they said 4500 people go to interview and the last one has their cutt-off at 9100. But in the mean time they had time to process a lot more applications (let's not forget that a lot of people didn't send the application right away, and sometimes the post takes some time delivering, and are a lot of applications). So in November they had a lot of numbers under 9500 which weren't interviewed. That is why the growth was so small. I am guessing that until October they will have most of the applications processes and they can give a better estimate of how many numbers can go to the interview. Hopefully ....

Very small increase in numbers for Europe. I am from Spain and I sent my papers. :\

Any idea for when my number case?

DV2010 EU12xxx

I am trying to get my hopes up and made some thinking :).
Let's say that they have the capacity of interviewing 4500 people in a month. When they had to release the visa bulletin the first 4500 applications processed had their numbers until 9100 (I am talking EU here). So they said 4500 people go to interview and the last one has their cutt-off at 9100. But in the mean time they had time to process a lot more applications (let's not forget that a lot of people didn't send the application right away, and sometimes the post takes some time delivering, and are a lot of applications). So in November they had a lot of numbers under 9500 which weren't interviewed. That is why the growth was so small. I am guessing that until October they will have most of the applications processes and they can give a better estimate of how many numbers can go to the interview. Hopefully ....

I agree with you marioana. The visa availability is calculated based on reports of applicants from the consular offices for consular processing and from the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services for adjustment of status. It might be that the cut-off number for October was a little too high and now they don't have the capacity to process all those cases in October.

Let's hope that they get back to track soon.