• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

October Dv Cut-off Number for DV 2008

i know that we all have to wait. but some are calling up KCC to know the cut-off and i really don't want to miss the interview. anyway sorry if it was stupid. I didn't mean anything.:)

Do not worry teoth. they are just liars. KCC does not give such information to anyone on the phone. These guys think everyone is so ignorant that they dont know the difference between fact and opinion like themselves. Just be patient and learn when they release the info on the website

re

Do not worry teoth. they are just liars. KCC does not give such information to anyone on the phone. These guys think everyone is so ignorant that they dont know the difference between fact and opinion like themselves. Just be patient and learn when they release the info on the website

Ok it is up to you of whether to believe me or not. As I mentioned above, the information about the cut-offs first appeared in a forum, used by people in my country only. It is useless to send you a link however, unless you speak Bulgarian. Then I called two other guys. Their numbers are in the 4000 range and both of them got confirmation from KCC that they are current for October. Finally, when I personally called yesterday, the representative told me the cut-off for October, without me even asking for it!!!
So if you still don't believe me, or you think that I am playing jokes with this forum - let be it. I will not post more messages here and I will not share extra information with you.
Why don't you call KCC personally if you are that worried? Otherwise expect the official update on Aug 27th or after.

Last edited by a moderator:
dont worry

Ivston do not worry about somebody which dont belive you, I had same experiance like you, called KCC, they've told me the num. whitout asking them about. And if somebody worries I do not see reason why they do not call KCC.

Sorry guys for my stupid question. If Europe's presumed cutoff date is 5,000 for the first month, then it will be current to all in only a few months!? I thought monthly they only process around 800 applicants. And this is for DV2008 yes?

Tommy
2008AS8xxx

Neverthelles it doesnt mean that they will forward every month with 5000 or more, if you check archived visa bulletins you could see that there is no linearity, so one could not predict anything.

Ok it is up to you of whether to believe me or not. As I mentioned above, the information about the cut-offs first appeared in a forum, used by people in my country only. It is useless to send you a link however, unless you speak Bulgarian. Then I called two other guys. Their numbers are in the 4000 range and both of them got confirmation from KCC that they are current for October. Finally, when I personally called yesterday, the representative told me the cut-off for October, without me even asking for it!!!
So if you still don't believe me, or you think that I am playing jokes with this forum - let be it. I will not post more messages here and I will not share extra information with you.
Why don't you call KCC personally if you are that worried? Otherwise expect the official update on Aug 27th or after.

keep postin messages ivston.we will get to confirm in 5 days.not so far.stay ok.

Ivston do not worry about somebody which dont belive you, I had same experiance like you, called KCC, they've told me the num. whitout asking them about. And if somebody worries I do not see reason why they do not call KCC.

so wat region ar you from.wat number did they tell u.AF10XXX

Sorry guys for my stupid question. If Europe's presumed cutoff date is 5,000 for the first month, then it will be current to all in only a few months!? I thought monthly they only process around 800 applicants. And this is for DV2008 yes?

Tommy
2008AS8xxx

BRO NO BODY CAN PREDICT THEM AMERICANS.WE WAIT AND HOPE.AM NOT GOIN TO GET HYPPERTENSION NOVER THIS THING.WE WATCH WE PRAY

HLO.LETS GIVE THESE FELLAS BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT.IF THEY DO TURN OUT TO B JESTERS I WILL PROBABLY HAV A WORSE WORD THAN LIARS.WE WAIT.

no doubts...take it or leave

HLO.LETS GIVE THESE FELLAS BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT.IF THEY DO TURN OUT TO B JESTERS I WILL PROBABLY HAV A WORSE WORD THAN LIARS.WE WAIT.

What doubts are you talking about. I give you information with source and you are talking of doubt. Call KCC if you doubt...

I just called KCC myself (I am in the US so its easy, happy to do it again if someone has a request for a region) - the cutoff for Oceania is 300 - that is double last year in October at 150. WOW! But I am OC4XX so maybe not in November, but December is promising!

@ stressedstudent

Since you so kindly offered, could you please check for the South America region?

Thank you.

Ok, South America is below 400

I also asked about Africa:

Eygpt: below 3400
Ethiopia: below 2900
Nigeria: below 4700
Remainder of Africa: below 6700

Hope this eases some minds!

hm what do you guys think? Got a pretty high EU caseno (25XXX) myself, is it a good thing to have such a high cutoff number for the first 'interviewmonth'? Alemitmee, what do you think? Got so many good advises and theories so far from u... Let us know!

stressedstudent,

Could you kindly check for the Asia region as well please? Thanks in advance.

Ok, South America is below 400

I also asked about Africa:

Eygpt: below 3400
Ethiopia: below 2900
Nigeria: below 4700
Remainder of Africa: below 6700

Hope this eases some minds!

Thank you for the assistance, this is great news. Looks like I might get squeezed in before the end of the year.