• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

October Dv Cut-off Number for DV 2008

The thing I am curious about is why doesn't KCC just post the cut-offs number on the bulletin since they are giving out the cut-offs number over the phone.

The thing I am curious about is why doesn't KCC just post the cut-offs number on the bulletin since they are giving out the cut-offs number over the phone.

I Just Called Kcc,
Africa Cut-off Is 6700
Nigeria Is 4700

The Lady Said That They Are Scheduling Interviews Now And Will Be Sending Out Notifications In The Next Couple Of Days.

I Asked Why The Visa Bulletin Has Not Been Updated Yet And Does It Have To Do With Dv Lottery Being Cancelled , And She Said No That It Is Probably Some Technical Difficulties With Whoever Is Incharge Of Updating The Website.

Anyway, I Had To Call To Verify All The Info That's Been On This Site. Yes Guys, We Are Still Onboard To Get Our Greencards For Dv 2008.

I don't think KCC is responsible for posting the bulletins, I believe that is done by USCIS.

I Just Called Kcc,
Africa Cut-off Is 6700
Nigeria Is 4700

The Lady Said That They Are Scheduling Interviews Now And Will Be Sending Out Notifications In The Next Couple Of Days.

I Asked Why The Visa Bulletin Has Not Been Updated Yet And Does It Have To Do With Dv Lottery Being Cancelled , And She Said No That It Is Probably Some Technical Difficulties With Whoever Is Incharge Of Updating The Website.

Anyway, I Had To Call To Verify All The Info That's Been On This Site. Yes Guys, We Are Still Onboard To Get Our Greencards For Dv 2008.

Hi Johnkent,

Do you happen to know the cut-offs number for Asia? Thanks!

Just my five cents:)

USCIS abbreviation states for U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) BUT the all kinds of USA visa issues by the U.S. State Department (DOS). DOS and DHS are different agencies and bulletin comes from DOS and KCC is the one of many DOS departments http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1770.html

YES, USCIS DOES THAT AND SHE SAID SHE HAS NO IDEA AS TO WHY IT HASEN'T BEEN PUT UP.

So KCC officer has misinformed you a bit. Conclusions: Do not hesitate 1) to read ALL instructions from letters; 2) to make your own research, if you should need more explanations; 3) to ask questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news, I am really happy for all those of you that have interviews coming up!
I am so glad that the DV for 08 has begun, I was getting a bit nervous there for a while. Its also good to see the forum jumping again, like when the NL’s were going out last April/may!

hm what do you guys think? Got a pretty high EU caseno (25XXX) myself, is it a good thing to have such a high cutoff number for the first 'interviewmonth'? Alemitmee, what do you think? Got so many good advises and theories so far from u... Let us know!

Well juul I have to say you and I are in the same boat! I have to say I am very optimistic, after all the reading and crunching the numbers I reckon we are in with a shot. Of course I know there is no guarantee and all that, blah blah blah, but lets go on dv-07 and I reckon that we should be looking at august 2008 for interviews, I reckon the visa bulletin that will be published in and around the 10/13th of June 2008 should be the final answer for us one way or another, it will have advanced notice cut off’s for Aug 2008.

I am still very keen to get my hands on the NL’s break down for DV-2008.
Remember of the 1.2 million EU applicants 600,000 people were from the Ukraine. So I predict that of the 25000 NL’s sent to the EU, (I am taking a stab) that 30-40% of the NL’s (say 10,000-13,000 NL’s) for the EU went to Ukraine entrants. Of course we know that only 3% of the visas can go to the Ukraine, that means that there will be thousands of people taken out of the DV process. In order to give out the full EU GC quota the cut offs will have to move on fairly quickly. This is just a guess of course, but it kinda makes sense when you think about it.
Of course the same thing applies in AF in relation to Nigeria, and in AS in relation to Bangladesh. I will give a better opinion when they eventually release the DV 08 numbers.
For now though it’s a waiting game…… :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe that KCC officer thinks so, because it is impossible. Travel.state.gov web site is one of the active gov site that has been updated regularly..

I Just Called Kcc,

Great news, I am really happy for all those of you that have interviews coming up!
I am so glad that the DV for 08 has begun, I was getting a bit nervous there for a while. Its also good to see the forum jumping again, like when the NL’s were going out last April/may!

Well juul I have to say you and I are in the same boat! I have to say I am very optimistic, after all the reading and crunching the numbers I reckon we are in with a shot. Of course I know there is no guarantee and all that, blah blah blah, but lets go on dv-07 and I reckon that we should be looking at august 2008 for interviews, I reckon the visa bulletin that will be published in and around the 10/13th of June 2008 should be the final answer for us one way or another, it will have advanced notice cut off’s for Aug 2008.

I am still very keen to get my hands on the NL’s break down for DV-2008.
Remember of the 1.2 million EU applicants 600,000 people were from the Ukraine. So I predict that of the 25000 NL’s sent to the EU, (I am taking a stab) that 30-40% of the NL’s (say 10,000-13,000 NL’s) for the EU went to Ukraine entrants. Of course we know that only 3% of the visas can go to the Ukraine, that means that there will be thousands of people taken out of the DV process. In order to give out the full EU GC quota the cut offs will have to move on fairly quickly. This is just a guess of course, but it kinda makes sense when you think about it.
Of course the same thing applies in AF in relation to Nigeria, and in AS in relation to Bangladesh. I will give a better opinion when they eventually release the DV 08 numbers.
For now though it’s a waiting game…… :)

its 7% and not 3%.THanks

its 7% and not 3%.THanks

Yes of course your right, I am mixing up the numbers in my head, its been months since I looked at DV stats, I should have looked it up insted of guessing!! No more then 3500 visas can go to any one country, so if 10,000 people from the Ukraine applied (last year was around 7205) then BEST case is 3500 visas are issued and 6500 people will automatically be excluded. Of course in reality derivative visas also come out of the 3500 total, so it is doubtful that even 3500 single DV applicants from any country is even possible! That is the main reason I think higher case numbers from countries with lower DV applicant numbers may be in with a shot. As always this is just an opinion and not based on any real solid facts. So dont quote me on it! :)

I wonder about the high number for Europe. Maybe there are a lot applications disqualified???
If 5800 is true for Europe it's pretty high. But I'm more curious about how the number will increase for September (my wife has EU15XXX).

I wonder about the high number for Europe. Maybe there are a lot applications disqualified???
If 5800 is true for Europe it's pretty high. But I'm more curious about how the number will increase for September (my wife has EU15XXX).

IMHO, I think it strats with such high number, because this year much more NLs were sent out than in previous two years.

** stressedstudent

Since you so kindly offered, could you please check for the ASIA region?

Thank you.