• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

October Dv Cut-off Number for DV 2008

8yrsusa

Registered Users (C)
C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN OCTOBER

For October, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2008 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

All DV Chargeability
Areas Except Those
Region Listed Separately

This data is not currently available. The bulletin will be updated with this information within the next two days. Please check back later.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
the above was published in the september visa bulletin that was released on 15 th August, 2008.
So far, it's been 4 days since the bulletin was released, why the state department said that the october cut-off numbers would be available within 2 days.:) :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I was wondering the same thing. I have been waiting for the whole week. I hope it would come out on Monday. It's killing me just waiting for this.

The above was published in the september visa bulletin that was released on 15 th August, 2008.
So far, it's been 4 days since the bulletin was released, why the state department said that the october cut-off numbers would be available within 2 days.:) :confused:

They have said that the update will be published in the next to days, but they have not specified from which date you should count the 2 days. Nothing like "2 days from today" or "2 days from Aug 15th 2007". This means that whenever you have a look at the bulletin, those two days count from that date on. If you check on Aug 18th and it is not there, check back on Aug 20th, then on Aug 22nd and so on...
Americans are smart people...

It is not true, because on the bulletin it is clearly mentioned :

'This data is not currently available. The bulletin will be updated with this information within the next two days. Please check back later. '

The bulletin's date is 13th August, then yes cut off numbers should have been published on 15th August, but not published. No doubt the reason of that is not related to immigration reform bill, but must be certain technical reasons something like 'visa numbers delayed to be allocated', 'instruction not received yet' etc etc. As long as immigration law is in force nobody can cancel DV 2008 program. regards

They have said that the update will be published in the next to days, but they have not specified from which date you should count the 2 days. Nothing like "2 days from today" or "2 days from Aug 15th 2007". This means that whenever you have a look at the bulletin, those two days count from that date on. If you check on Aug 18th and it is not there, check back on Aug 20th, then on Aug 22nd and so on...
Americans are smart people...

re

The cut-offs for October for Europe is 5800. Believe me, I personally checked this today :)

The cut-offs for October for Europe is 5800. Believe me, I personally checked this today :)

ivston, I don't like the way you play with information and people's minds. I'm sure you have at least a college diploma and you are above 16. Please do show some respect for this forum. Correct and precise information is our greatest asset and lets not compromise that with baseless statements.

Ivston, please be considerate enough to post a link to your sources of information if you really have one. If however your information just comes from a magic ball or from reading the stars, please refrain to post here or at least say that either your magic ball or the stars told you that the cut-off number is whatever it is.

re

A KCC representative in a phone conversation told me that the cut-off number for October is 5800, applicable to me (i.e. Europe). So that the information does not come from a magic ball, neither the stars, but from KCC. This information appeared in a similar forum, used by people in my country only. For this reason initially, I told you that it could be a rumor. Moreover I have several friends, who also won from the lottery. Their numbers are in the 4000 range and both of them have scheduled interviews for October (however the precise dates will be available after Aug 27th). They also obatained this information from personal phone conversations with KCC.
Guys and girls...the numbers are available for KCC, but for unknown reasons USCIS has not updated this information on the visa bulletin.
I hope that I have been comprehensive in the citation of my sources. No plagiarism, no cheating!
Unfortunately I have no info for the other continents.

Last edited by a moderator:
ivston, if what you say it's true, it's really cool...that means I don't have to wait until January for my number to become current...thanks for sharing this with us.

A KCC representative in a phone conversation told me that the cut-off number for October is 5800, applicable to me (i.e. Europe). So that the information does not come from a magic ball, neither the stars, but from KCC. This information appeared in a similar forum, used by people in my country only. For this reason initially, I told you that it could be a rumor. Moreover I have several friends, who also won from the lottery. Their numbers are in the 4000 range and both of them have scheduled interviews for October (however the precise dates will be available after Aug 27th). They also obatained this information from personal phone conversations with KCC.
Guys and girls...the numbers are available for KCC, but for unknown reasons USCIS has not updated this information on the visa bulletin.
I hope that I have been comprehensive in the citation of my sources. No plagiarism, no cheating!
Unfortunately I have no info for the other continents.

Ivston thank you for clarifying.

Ivston
Do you recommend to call KCC? Is very important to have the cut off number...

Anyone knows the reasons??

Thanks..

I'm from SA

i'm from asia with case number 2XXX. do you think i shall call KCC or is it still soon? please help me as i'm quite worried about this:(

Wat re u worried about teoth??
U have to wait until the cut-off for October is released. take it easy man, we re just as scared as u are at the moment. Nobody has any clue as to wats going on.