October Bulletin Just released - EOM

Guys show up in huge number for Washington DC rally on Sept 18th.
Please show some unity for our common cause..

after waiting for more than 5 yrs...each day counts...2 yrs more to wait...it is killing me...

mv

The real thing driving the priorirty dates for retrogresssed countries is the demand from ROW - if that demand falls below 100K again....dates will most likely be current again...that's what happened this year...

hopefully, the same will happen again this year....as the only real traffic in ROW is the illegal traffic from 2001 - which is long gone....the numbers from real legal immigrants in less than 100K per year...

So, just relax, and watch out for action in the last 6 months of FY2008...from Mar 2008-Aug 2008.....if the demand is really high from ROW near 100K, then it may be delayed to next year - may be Mar 2009 - Aug 2009 - dates might be current again...

the current quota of 10k per country is too less for any big movement in dates, at least for countries like India

let's go to DC on Sep.18

How about taking a day off and going to DC to join the rally?

That MAY really HELP!

no point in dreaming about GC - its better to pack up and think about family. At least one would be happy in the home country..the way the retrogresss.... they may even re-call the already approved GC........

Cant seem to hold it any longer!

First of all, what were they doing between Jan07 and till now?

My PD is March 2002. Date became current in June.Got scheduled for interview in July and thought evenything will be all over right then and there.. and then come the July 2 fiasco.. IO said, eveything OK, no visa numbers so very sorry. In the meantime saw loads of approval in this forum whose PDs were much later than mine. Even in sept, lots got approved when as per visa bulletin they were not current..

and now this.. Dates go back to Apr 2001.. Afraid that like last year, nothing may move till June and then another fiasco will occur and by next year FPs will expire and loop restart again for namechecks and background checks..

should I just head back now?

May we can do vounteer work for USCIS for 1 month (bench) and clear at least 100 apps per day. Or outsource the work ..... Just now talked to the NSC CSR and said it would take 5 years - should i wait or just pack up and leave.... they said it may not take that long --- may be one has to wait 4 years, 11 months ,30 days and 23 hours.....and we all will become bald and ..........Hope a earthquake happens to all the CIS offices. Let them go to hell

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious....Wasn't Mar02 current in Jul 07? Im also Mar 02 and this is fuc*&^ng crazy?
As it is Indians are friggin pre-disposed to heart ailments & diabetes.
This is going to make sure that lot of them will start suffering a lot earlier.
Guys/gals no point in stressing....pls take care of your selves.

The exact same thought came to my mind.

May we can do vounteer work for USCIS for 1 month (bench) and clear at least 100 apps per day. Or outsource the work ..... Just now talked to the NSC CSR and said it would take 5 years - should i wait or just pack up and leave.... they said it may not take that long --- may be one has to wait 4 years, 11 months ,30 days and 23 hours.....and we all will become bald and ..........Hope a earthquake happens to all the CIS offices. Let them go to hell

Just curious....Wasn't Mar02 current in Jul 07? Im also Mar 02 and this is fuc*&^ng crazy?
As it is Indians are friggin pre-disposed to heart ailments & diabetes.
This is going to make sure that lot of them will start suffering a lot earlier.
Guys/gals no point in stressing....pls take care of your selves.

It became current as per June Bulletin. In june interview was scheduled for Mid kuly and it was current per July bulletin as well.Then the July bulletin was taken back on July 2nd as the fiasco started as everything was made unavailable. It was re-instated on the date of interview. The IO didnt know that it has been brought back to life. Hence denied me my approval for lack of visa numbers.. Luck cant be worse, can it?

No Brains!

Can we sue USCIS as it didn't approve the old cases in June and July and approved lot of recent cases.
How can they move the dates in July 2007? July 2rd mess wouldn't happened so at least they would have followed FIFO.

How can they go back now to April 2001.

I waited so many months to move this date to Dec 2001. Finally it moved in June 2007 and all the recent cases approved but not mine.

Go to HELL USCIS! We should all update this to media and let it publish this crap every where. How these idiots showing their face every day at USCIS office?

Can't they reassign and go away to some islands? Probably no where else in this world they can do this.

there is no method to this madness.the lawyers were all ready to sue the govt for the visa bulliten in june.but they will never fight for the rights of people who have been in the que for quite some time.also the uscis has been handling the old cases very badly.they are just approving transfered case which pile on the top,like wise cases with recent pd's.

i hope that oct bulliten stands as they potray.i hope there will not be any random approvals and say these are getting approved as they were preadjudicated.they better clear up all the preadjudiacted ones before oct.or not it will create confusion,coz you never know they may even approve,2007 pd cases and say they got their no's from last year's quota.

The blame chain should be

245i -> DOL -> USCIS

USCIS should be blamed the least in this chain. I will say DOL / BEC should be the one to BLAME for not doing their job.

What bugs me is how horribly mismanaged the whole thing was - and that there is no "blame" to go around - no consequences. It will all simply go back to the way it was... :mad:

If they had only continued the June 2007 bulletin for some more time, and SLOWLY advanced it as visa numbers got used up, that would have made sense. :rolleyes:

But no - USCIS is still stuck on old 1960s computers and software - they cannot account for all the visa numbers, they have a ass-backwards way of "estimating demand", and then they "get back" numbers that apparently were all used up at one point - but no, they were actually not used up... oh wait again ... sorry we can't count, .... :confused: :rolleyes:

Basically, no one knows whats going on. How hard can it be to keep track of 400+K visas?

But hey - who cares? Not regular Americans. Not the polititians who need campain financing. Definintely not the beauracrats running USCIS who are thinking of their defined benefit retirement plan and the golf course in Virginia. In the far off distant future when we get our citizenship, we won't care.

We are the ones who should put "No taxation without representation" on our number plates!

Probably USCIS is taking revenge this way for the disappointment it got as a result of lost battle in EB bulletin fiasco which in turn lead to reversal of USCIS decision(to make enough to support their system with raised fee) because of all immigrant forces (especially congress woman letter) and now told DOS that they have thousands of India EB3 from before April 2001. Poor DOS had to release what USCIS asks for. But don't worry they will take three months rest and soon dates will move faster.

USCIS and big bamboo

Hi All
I have read all your post. Yes over the period of time, surfing this site has become habit.
I have collected the data of USCIS/INS of last 10 years and tried to put into data mining tool to find out the pattern. There was no pattern. Hence don’t try to predict the next month or next year bulletin. Based on Oct 2005 Bulletin most of us should have gone back to India if GC was the reason for being in USA. But we all know , lot of old timer including myself have been approved in June-July-August (yes, from India). We all have seen the July fiasco. I was not surprised what happened in June and July but what I was surprised they got exposed officially that they (USCIS) are mismanaged. Now having said that there was no pattern based on the past data, I came up with theoretical pattern which can not be proved by any algorithm ( hence gut feeling or crap) is as follows. Water (Immigrants) are passing thru a drainage pipe ( sewage pipe owned by USCIS-Waste Management ) to another reservoir ( GC/Citizen ) at a slower rate then it should be . In process the filth/dirt/etc clog the pipe and once it choke the pipe almost completely, the water over flows on the road. Then sticky smell bothers the corporate citizen. USCIS wake up , bring a big bamboo and starts pushing the clog to clear the clog, water starts flowing thru the pipe again and lot of people pass thru the pipe and screams with “ I am approved “ “ I am approved “. It clears a big chunk though. Every body happy, USCIS goes back to sleep till clog build up again. Hence wait for next clog build up. Please excuse me for this crude example which I could visualize this scene from Indian drainage system (Kachara System). I will be grateful if some one can translate my example in better English.
What I learn and advice u all, just assume THE EAD as your annual renewal GC and be happy. There is not much you can do about it except waiting. In June July ( just recently) USCIS has used that big bamboo to accommodate the 300K immigrants and some old timer in pipe. If you go by number they 300K immigrants could not have filed their 485. But yes they did. Now they will sleep for some time. Don’t try to wake them up by Gandhigiri. Let the clog build up and pray this clog to build up faster. I wonder what they do with big bamboo after temporarily clearing the clog.