October Bulletin Just released - EOM

Guys,

Look at what banta4gc has written...
Quote:

The real thing driving the priorirty dates for retrogresssed countries is the demand from ROW - if that demand falls below 100K again....dates will most likely be current again...that's what happened this year...

hopefully, the same will happen again this year....as the only real traffic in ROW is the illegal traffic from 2001 - which is long gone....the numbers from real legal immigrants in less than 100K per year...

So, just relax, and watch out for action in the last 6 months of FY2008...from Mar 2008-Aug 2008.....if the demand is really high from ROW near 100K, then it may be delayed to next year - may be Mar 2009 - Aug 2009 - dates might be current again...

the current quota of 10k per country is too less for any big movement in dates, at least for countries like India

Unquote;

I am sure this is the case. Do not lose heart and suffer. Remember you cannot aviod pain, but you can aviod sufferring. It is all in the mind.
I expect by middle of Jan-Feb 2008, ROW would be released to EB2/3 guys of
retrogessed countries...

Nama:

Good for Old timers

This is very frustrating and depressing... Indeed 9/11 for old timers. We were hoping for approvals but instead were giving this harsh news. Very hard to swallow this bitter news... Damn USICS... All hopes have shanked...

I guess this move is good for old timers,since USCIS cannot approve the recent filed 485 (at least not 2005,2006,2007) and as USCIS move the priority dates slowly old timers will be the first to approve since their priority dates are before the present retro dates

Last edited by a moderator:
Deja Vu all over again - was in the retrogression boat last time as well. At least from Oct I won't be checking email and this forum every few minutes - maybe a couple of times a month - or see the following month's visa dates...

If they go in FIFO order, that's better that randomness we've seen in the recent past.

How I hoped since June I would be out of this rathole... but no such luck...

I think we are unnecessarily complaining about the visa Bulletin; because most of the people are stuck due to name check. The name check is the real culprit as all the people whose name check is cleared get their approval within a couple of months.

The fact that some people with 2007 PD got approval is also because of the name check, otherwise, how could they have been approved.

not necessarily

Name check cleared in 2004, but am still waiting. This confirmed from multiple sources, including TSC IOs, Infopass, Senator's office

I think we are unnecessarily complaining about the visa Bulletin; because most of the people are stuck due to name check. The name check is the real culprit as all the people whose name check is cleared get their approval within a couple of months.

The fact that some people with 2007 PD got approval is also because of the name check, otherwise, how could they have been approved.

Everybody just relax! You will get your chance. All of you who filed in 2001-02, you are so close! In fact, the recent fiasco affected you guys pretty bad and took the focus away from your cases. Now, it is back to normal business, and you should see systematic movement in priority dates. In fact, the recent hyperactivity must have cleared a lot of applications from the queue, so the visa dates should jump even faster.
For those 2005-2006 PDs, please come back in 3 years! Just consider it as a bonus that you all could file your I-485 and enjoy the benefits. But there are so many in the queue ahead!

Well, I have been "just relax"ing since 2004 - not much more I can do!

Even though we go through the motions of calling TSC, Infopass, congressman, senator, Director, Ombudsman, FL, the Presindent (who next?...), I firmly believe that it is all fate - we will all get it when we get it!

What I hate is the feeling of helplessnes - there is nothing I can do even if I wanted to! Nothing to do with merit, or ability or taking initiative or being a better person... its just a big anonymous queue where your number can be called at random.

Ok, end of rant! :eek:
Good luck everybody!

There is no point in getting stressed out about something we cannot control. I see a lot of greencard seekers around me who don't have much finger nails left. I am worried that it is going to affect their health by the time they get their green card! I mean, what is the point?
Personally, I refuse to put myself in a situation where I worry too much about it. I do my part diligently, like applying on time, make sure application is properly filled out, pay the correct fee etc. etc. What else can we do?
I never called any congressman, no infopass, never called USCIS, and I am sure my case will be approved around the same time as everybody else who filed during the same time period.
So take a deep breath, practice some yoga if you are interested, and enjoy the good things in life..greencard will show up in your mailbox one day!

my dates and experience are same as yours

Its pretty frustrating and unbelievable that we are still stuck when people who started two years later are through.

after waiting for more than 5 yrs...each day counts...2 yrs more to wait...it is killing me...

mv

USCIS FIFO is FINO

I mean Firstt IN NOt Out
These guys will not move any date for six months and then suddenly make everything current which will blow the FIFO out of the window and then it is just scramble and lottery who gets picked, whose FP is current and who is namecheck victim.
For true FIFO they need to move in small steps every month and then make all current only in last one or two months.
Poor USCIS:) The first time it decided to go FIFO after a long "Nautanki" then also people want to smash it:) :) :)

Well, I have been "just relax"ing since 2004 - not much more I can do!

Even though we go through the motions of calling TSC, Infopass, congressman, senator, Director, Ombudsman, FL, the Presindent (who next?...), I firmly believe that it is all fate - we will all get it when we get it!

What I hate is the feeling of helplessnes - there is nothing I can do even if I wanted to! Nothing to do with merit, or ability or taking initiative or being a better person... its just a big anonymous queue where your number can be called at random.

Ok, end of rant! :eek:
Good luck everybody!

Yes, it is all Fate. I cant do much People like you and me for years will be the victim of very good US Immigration policy and very good USCIS Process and Procedures..

Why some body is not helping us? where all those "associations" gone who threatened USCIS to sue when July fiasco happened. Why can not they question USCIS? what kind of injustice is this? Why USCIS made current to everybody? why can not they moved dates based on estimated demand? Who can ask???

Why some body is not helping us? where all those "associations" gone who threatened USCIS to sue when July fiasco happened. Why can not they question USCIS? what kind of injustice is this? Why USCIS made current to everybody? why can not they moved dates based on estimated demand? Who can ask???

July fiasco was fiasco because it never happened before, other things happens regularly. Approving out-of-order and taking visa bulletin in to stone age is nothing new :mad:

looking at your signature, How come your name check is still pending? Did you try to contact Senator or Congressman etc? May be thats the reason your case didn't get approved yet.

I did,
Contacted Congressman, 2 Senators --> they simply said they can not ask FBI.
Contacted FL, Ombudsman, FBI --> still need to get reply.