October Bulletin Just released - EOM

Horrible!

That is no where near to what it was in June! At this rate it will take 5 years to get I485 approved.

Horrible!!!

they took the dates for EB-3 further back than what it was in Jan of this year (i think was May 08, 2001). This really sucks.

How can they do it. I can not understand their logic. These days are prior to time sensitive date of Apr 30, 2001 - which is the date all the undocumented visas were file for EB-3.

It is just horrible.

MV

22nd april means we have 8 more days of application days left to be processed. I am sure they would have received at least 100000 of those during that period. Just forget getting 485 approval this year. I think we might have to have one more Gandhigiri to get this corrected. :(

How can they freaking make things current just two months back and retrogress 6 yrs? Are they kidding me?

I wonder if some legal action can be taken here.

So many PD of '03 and '04 have gotten approved and now they are brining this back to '01.

MV

Lost Hope

All hopes of seeing a forward movement in 485 processing has gone down the drain. The situation is hopeless, very very frustrating :(

How can they freaking make things current just two months back and retrogress 6 yrs? Are they kidding me?

I wonder if some legal action can be taken here.

So many PD of '03 and '04 have gotten approved and now they are brining this back to '01.

MV

Completely un-fair. Who ever got approvals they r really luck fellows.

This is screwed up !!!!

Its really time to action against this stupid, no logic cut off dates.
Last time it was stuck in Apr 01 for allmost a year.
I dont know how to explain disappointment and frustration I am feeling as my PD is Jun 01.
I waited 2 years after 140 approval to file for 485 and now this.

This also means that all waiters would have to go for FP and NC again, which will take forever

Last edited by a moderator:
This is very frustrating and depressing... Indeed 9/11 for old timers. We were hoping for approvals but instead were giving this harsh news. Very hard to swallow this bitter news... Damn USICS... All hopes have shanked...

Really sad. I thought atleast they'll resemble June'2007 bulletin. Life is misarable now... never know when our turn comes...really bad.. no words on USCIS.. they allowed 400k+ applications in July and Aug 2007, now this un-justice to old timers.

The real thing driving the priorirty dates for retrogresssed countries is the demand from ROW - if that demand falls below 100K again....dates will most likely be current again...that's what happened this year...

hopefully, the same will happen again this year....as the only real traffic in ROW is the illegal traffic from 2001 - which is long gone....the numbers from real legal immigrants in less than 100K per year...

So, just relax, and watch out for action in the last 6 months of FY2008...from Mar 2008-Aug 2008.....if the demand is really high from ROW near 100K, then it may be delayed to next year - may be Mar 2009 - Aug 2009 - dates might be current again...

the current quota of 10k per country is too less for any big movement in dates, at least for countries like India

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I will have to get back to my work rather than checking the status. I was thinking Sep 01 was bad, not as bad as you.

I guess with July and Aug filings there would be many labor subs. applications as well which would have been filed, so now they will also get the priority, as per trackitt there are atleast 150 odd PDs before Sep 01. Think about all those folks would don't register in these sites.

Man this is frustrating.:mad: :mad: :mad:

Its really time to action against this stupid, no logic cut off dates.
Last time it was stuck in Apr 01 for allmost a year.
I dont know how to explain disappointment and frustration I am feeling as my PD is Jun 01.
I waited 2 years after 140 approval to file for 485 and now this.

This also means that all waiters would have to go for FP and NC again, which will take forever

Plese don't get disappointed...

I think I will have to get back to my work rather than checking the status. I was thinking Sep 01 was bad, not as bad as you.

I guess with July and Aug filings there would be many labor subs. applications as well which would have been filed, so now they will also get the priority, as per trackitt there are atleast 150 odd PDs before Sep 01. Think about all those folks would don't register in these sites.

Man this is frustrating.:mad: :mad: :mad:

I am sure these dates will move faster till 2002. And then there will be some delays there after as people with BEC approved labors will chip in...

This is fair treatment FIFO (First in First Out)....I have seen 2007 labor cases getting approved....it was really annoying seeing such approvals.....

Now, I just hope that they do the job correctly from now on....

thanks,
Sri

Folks

If they made visa nos available for all pending cases in june july itself then u can see apporval in oct also as in sept now.
Sept it clearly shows VB has nothing to do with pending 485 approval.
hopefully old time filers with no checks pending can expext approval .
just my guess

The reason its backed up again so much is because of the per country limitations which are removed in the fourth quarter. So June 2008 visa bulletin should look much much better. It's the same as last year and predicted well in advance...no surprise.

This was on immigration-law.com a few weeks ago:
08/22/2007: October 2007 EB Visa Bulletin Prediction of AILA
  • [SIZE=-1]Based on the discussion with Charlie Oppenheim, Chief of Immigrant Visa Control and Reporting, DOS, the AILA has just released the following predictions:[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=-1]EB-1 (All Countries): Closely match to [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]September 2007 VB[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=-1]EB-2 (All Countries): Closely match to [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]September 2007 VB[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=-1]EB-3 (All Countries): Similar to [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]January 2007 VB[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=-1]EB-3EW (All Countries): 10/01/2001[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=-1]EB-4: N/A[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=-1]EB-5: C[/SIZE]