October 2009 N-400 Tracker

Got FP done today, my appt was at 3pm, I got there around 2:55, and I was out at 3:10pm. I didn't have to wait for anything... I just got there, gave my letter and green card to the security guard, filled the application, turned it in, went to sit and I was called right away... I hope the interview goes as fast and well!! No interview date yet, though..

FP done today

FP done today(actual appt. date)

7:00 AM - started at home
7:45 AM - stood in line. there were already about ten people in the line
8:00 AM - Got IN. Filled the form that they gave. Got the token after showing the form. Waited about 10 min to get my turn. Gave the FPs. Now the place is almost empty as the early birds are all done...:)
8:30 AM - stepped out
9:40 AM - Reached home
10:00 AM - At work...:)

Now what ? Pray and hope everything goes smoothly.

8:00 AM - Got IN. Filled the form that they gave. Got the token after showing the form. Waited about 10 min to get my turn. Gave the FPs. Now the place is almost empty as the early birds are all done...:)

Now you wait for your IL. Give it at least 45 days after FP before you start inquiring about IL if you don't receive it by then.

1:10 minutes to get back home...wow you must live in ashburn ;)

bob, I got an email that my case was transfered to local DO....means i get an interview letter in a few days or what? some have reported they got letters after this update and some have been waiting 1 month and still nothing..

1:10 minutes to get back home...wow you must live in ashburn ;)
Falls Church...:) Took local roads
bob, I got an email that my case was transfered to local DO....means i get an interview letter in a few days or what? some have reported they got letters after this update and some have been waiting 1 month and still nothing..
Isn't that quick ?
That's quite fast. Hope good news...:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Turned down for Early FP @ Boston (170 Portland St)

Tried to do Early FP today at 12 Noon (Actual Appmt Dt: Mon, 23 Nov 09, 1 PM)

There were hardly 3 to 4 people

However she changed the time on Monday from 1 PM to 8 AM and also gave me the Applicant Information Worksheet (AIW) to fill at home and bring it back on Monday. She also stamped my Appmt Letter so as to indicate that the FP was completed on 11/23.

BTW they also gave me the Citizenship Booklet & CD

Guess I wasn't lucky

Last edited by a moderator:
Houston Area N-400

Finally got the Fingerprint Appointment Letter. It is scheduled for 12/3/20009 at the local ASC. So almost two months from the original submission to Lewisville, TX until fingerprinting.

I also got a "yellow letter" that arrived the same day as the FP Appointment Letter. The yellow letter said that for my interview, I need to also bring my state driver's license, all passports (including expired), and all travel documents. Is this standard procedure? I'm a little confused - why are they telling me about the interview requirements when I have not yet done my fingerprinting?

As for the the fingerprinting, has anyone else brought young children (4 y/o and 2 y/o) to fingerprinting? Do you think this would pose a problem?

Houston Area N-400 (Employment Based Green Card)

10.9.2009 - N-400 mailed to Lewisville, TX
10.16.2009 - Received Date
10.20.2009 - Priority Date
10.20.2009 - Payment Processed
10.20.2009 - Notice Date
10.24.2009 - Notice of Action Received
11.10.2009 - Request for Evidence
11.20.2009 - Finger Print Notice received
12.3.2009 - Finger Print Appointment Date
xx/xx/xxxx - Finger Print Completed on
xx/xx/xxxx - Interview Notice Received
xx/xx/xxxx - Interview Date

Finally got the Fingerprint Appointment Letter. It is scheduled for 12/3/20009 at the local ASC. So almost two months from the original submission to Lewisville, TX until fingerprinting.

I also got a "yellow letter" that arrived the same day as the FP Appointment Letter. The yellow letter said that for my interview, I need to also bring my state driver's license, all passports (including expired), and all travel documents. Is this standard procedure? I'm a little confused - why are they telling me about the interview requirements when I have not yet done my fingerprinting?

As for the the fingerprinting, has anyone else brought young children (4 y/o and 2 y/o) to fingerprinting? Do you think this would pose a problem?

Houston Area N-400 (Employment Based Green Card)

10.9.2009 - N-400 mailed to Lewisville, TX
10.16.2009 - Received Date
10.20.2009 - Priority Date
10.20.2009 - Payment Processed
10.20.2009 - Notice Date
10.24.2009 - Notice of Action Received
11.10.2009 - Request for Evidence
11.20.2009 - Finger Print Notice received
12.3.2009 - Finger Print Appointment Date
xx/xx/xxxx - Finger Print Completed on
xx/xx/xxxx - Interview Notice Received
xx/xx/xxxx - Interview Date

muffin - thats good news - finally you got your FP notice. Taking your kids to ASC is not a problem at all. Sometimes the office is full with 40 - 50 people and sometimes just 2 - 3 people - depending on what day and what time you get there. I belive afternoons around 3 PM is when there is not much of crowd, so try going there around 3 PM, if you can.

Interview rescheduled due to less than 5 years of green card anniversary

My interview was supposed to be today in Lawrence , Ma, but on friday I got a call from USCIS in Lawrence, stating that my interview was canceled and it would be rescheduled for later, does anyone know or have heard of USCIS calling your house to cancel an interview ? my geen card 5th anniversary will be on dec, 09, 2009. I think that's why they canceled it, please help me with any replies. thanks

Just call FBI about FP.

I just called FBI about my FP since there was no LUD after it was done and the lady told me that it was sent back to USCIS same day. does this mean its been cleared? guys pls respond. thanks.

10.28.2009 - N-400 mailed to Phoenix, AZ.
10.29.2009 - N-400 received
11.02.2009 - Priority Date (Notice Date 11.02.2009)
11.06.2009 - LUD (N-400)
11.06.2009 - Notice of Action Received (Notice Date 11.02.2009)
11.08.2009 - LUD on Already approved I-485 and I-765 (ON SUNDAY) (why?)
11.10.2009 - LUD (Request for Evidence via e-mail)
11.11.2009 - LUD (Message remain thesame about REF)
11.12.2009 - Finger Print Notice received
11.18.2009 - Finger Print Completed (Walk-in).
11.23.2009 - called FBI about FP and they said it was sent back same day. (11.18.2009).
11.23.2009 - Finger Print Appointment Date
xx/xx/200? - Interview Notice Received
xx/xx/200? - Interview Date

The message was: Request for Evidence

On November 9, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Nope. This is a two stage process. There is Fingerprint and name check. After FP, the name check is also done. It takes some time depending on the commonality of the name to go thru this.

mine went in days and my wife's went in weeks. Keep patient and it will happen sooner rather than later.

Nope. This is a two stage process. There is Fingerprint and name check. After FP, the name check is also done. It takes some time depending on the commonality of the name to go thru this.

mine went in days and my wife's went in weeks. Keep patient and it will happen sooner rather than later.

Is there a way to check on the status of the name check? I have the number for the FBI to check on fingerprints but they wouldn't give me information on the name check...

Interview Scheduled

Paper work received on Sep30th at TX center. October 1st Notice date, 20th Finger printed. December 16th Interview date @Memphis.

ID on Dec 28th. Total from Package Sent to ID = 77 days. Had my FP not been lost, it would've been 65 days most likely.