October 2009 N-400 Tracker

Online status

The online status says " Request for Evidence

On November 2, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION"

I am guessing they are referring to "FP Notice". Hoping that's what it is.

N-400

Friends,

My receipt date is Oct 2, 2009 and still I have not received the FP notice.

it is over 4 weeks . Is it normal. should I be concerned?

I called 800 Number and they file for service request.

Any body knows how long it will take after service request to get the FP notice.

Thanks,

Joining the group

Hey guys,

I sent my application on 10/23/09. I have receievd my NOA. I reside in NJ, my case is little complicated as I was arrested for DUI last year (3 months license suspension, 12 Hours IDRC, court/DMV fines).

10/29/2009: Notice Date
10/30/2009: NOA received
xx/xx/2009: FP notice date
xx/xx/2009: FP notice received
xx/xx/20xx: IL received
xx/xx/20xx: ID
xx/xx/2010: Oath Letter
xx/xx/2010: Oath Date
xx/xx/2010: Passport Application Date
xx/xx/2010: Recieved Passport

vatiger2009... answer below...

I had the same situation... Online status said "Request For Evidence Sent" and everyone was telling me that that was the Fingerprint appointment letter... but I am a bit of a worry-wort, so I called USCIS just to confirm this (because I did not receive any letter requesting evidence, only FP notice.

So when I spoke to person at USCIS, they took my question and then a few days later I received a 'form letter' type email saying the following...

We apologize for the error on USCIS Case Status Online that states you were
mailed an RFE notice requesting additional evidence on Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.
This is a service error. The notice that was mailed out was your Biometric Appointment Notice with
your local ASC which you may have already attended. Your application is currently pending and
will be worked in the order it was received by USCIS. Again we apologize for the error and
any inconvenience it may have caused you.

So confirmed that online RFE status (if you haven't received any letter requesting evidence) is just the Biometric/Fingerprint appointment.

Good luck

So confirmed that online RFE status (if you haven't received any letter requesting evidence) is just the Biometric/Fingerprint appointment.

Good luck

That's what I learned from reading other posts too. Thanks for the info.
Will wait for the actual notice.
Good luck to you too.

Got the SMS/E-mail this morning at 4:00 AM EST that RFE (assuming that it is the FP notice) was mailed on November 3.

hi guys,

quick question, i sent in my N-400 application on Oct 1st, 2009. The letter of receipt notice was received on Oct 9th, but after that there has been no change in my application. Most people who filed around same time as me have received their FP notice and it's been almost 5 weeks now.

Should i be worried? Whom can i contact to find out the status of my application?

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

My account (as of today) shows check cashed with yesterday's date.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to fill out my timeline and yesterday my check as cashed =)

WHAT is the "Priority Date" is that everyone has BEFORE their check was cashed?

Thanks for your input =)

I'm trying to fill out my timeline and yesterday my check as cashed =)

WHAT is the "Priority Date" is that everyone has BEFORE their check was cashed?

Thanks for your input =)

Priority date is the day they received and initially processed your application. Once you receive your NOA, it will have your priority date on it. In your case it will be around Nov 2.

Priority date is the day they received and initially processed your application. Once you receive your NOA, it will have your priority date on it. In your case it will be around Nov 2.

Thanks for your assistance Bobsmyth =)

Here is my timeline for N400

============================
DO: Norfolk VA
10/27/2009 : Mailed to Lewisville, TX
10/29/2009 : Received
11/02/2009 : Check Cashed
xx/xx/20xx : Date of Notice of Action
xx/xx/20xx : Date of Fingerprint Letter
xx/xx/20xx : FP Date
xx/xx/20xx : Date of Interview Letter
xx/xx/20xx : Interview Date
xx/xx/20xx : Oath Letter Received
xx/xx/20xx : Oath

2am today, got text message about an update. Went to the site and it says that Nov 4 they sent me an RFE (Request for Evidence). I haven't received it yet, so I don't know what it is about. Hope I'll get it tomorrow...

dalixia: Which DO do you belong to ?
I have similar timeline as yours, but haven't received any RFE message yet. My DO is San Jose.

Any october filers got their IL??

I think those who file at very early Oct will start to get IL mid Nov and towards end of Nov and some even in Dec so its premature to expect Oct filers to have IL. Althou there are real fast cases. Give it a week or two and then IL will be flowing in for Oct filer :)

Best wishes!!!

IL after FP?

Any october filers got their IL??

I haven't received my IL yet... I applied very early November and did walk in FP... My case has been touched (online "last updated" date) every day since November 3rd (including today (a Saturday))... and status is transferred for standard interview, but still no IL... I don't really expect to see it for at least another week or so. (I'll be happy to see it earlier though... I promise :D)

I haven't received my IL yet... I applied very early November and did walk in FP... My case has been touched (online "last updated" date) every day since November 3rd (including today (a Saturday))... and status is transferred for standard interview, but still no IL... I don't really expect to see it for at least another week or so. (I'll be happy to see it earlier though... I promise :D)

You applied early nov and have il status changed already? What's your do?