October 2008 (Thread Deleted) ????

Well the infopass worked for me. It looks like my file was mistakenly put in a wrong folder or something in spite of being approved the day of interview.

So long story short; I received my approval letter & welcome letter this past week. Hopefully GC will be here in next 4-5 business days. Will keep you guys posted.

"put in a wrong folder?" you have to be joking! Good that you went there then :) !

"put in a wrong folder?" you have to be joking! Good that you went there then :) !

that's true...when I went to infopass lady told me that my case is awaiting second interview ( and file was in the 2nd interview folder/ cabinet).

I showed her my I-551 stamp (good thing IO gave me that on day of interview; I had that as a proof). She said then it must be by mistake that your file is in wrong folder. She said she will talk to IO and make the correction.

They fixed it day after my infopass, as notice date on my approval & welcome letter is day after the infopass.

Anyways, I hope I get the plastic GC next week now!

that's true...when I went to infopass lady told me that my case is awaiting second interview ( and file was in the 2nd interview folder/ cabinet).

I showed her my I-551 stamp (good thing IO gave me that on day of interview; I had that as a proof). She said then it must be by mistake that your file is in wrong folder. She said she will talk to IO and make the correction.

They fixed it day after my infopass, as notice date on my approval & welcome letter is day after the infopass.

I understand people's mistakes, but that was a big one. Luckily, you got the stamp! I bet you're super impatient now to get the card. Don't blame ya :)

Any chance you would know the answer to my question above regarding traveling?

Thank you :)))

You guys, is it ok to have plane ticket with my married name (which is also on GC) and old name in my passport?will they fuss about it at the airport?

Hey Mici, I have the same problem, but I was told to have your plane tickets match your passport's name, not the Green Card's, in order not to have any issues with the airline security points before the boarding gates.
Which makes sense.. they want to see your passport, not the Green Card at those checks and they will probably start arguing if they see a different name.
I will book my flights on my maiden name still and when I show my Green Card I will also show my marriage certificate to prove the name change. I'm sure that will suffice!

Wow, I'm glad you had the stamp to prove their mistake! I wasn't given any stamp on the day of my interview, so if it had happened to me I'd probably still be fighting to get my plastic card mailed out!

Hey Mici, I have the same problem, but I was told to have your plane tickets match your passport's name, not the Green Card's, in order not to have any issues with the airline security points before the boarding gates.
Which makes sense.. they want to see your passport, not the Green Card at those checks and they will probably start arguing if they see a different name.
I will book my flights on my maiden name still and when I show my Green Card I will also show my marriage certificate to prove the name change. I'm sure that will suffice!

I agree with Rosie's answer; although if you have already booked your tickets not to worry. My friend's wife went through same experience and I called them last night, they said it was not much of problem as they were carrying all of the supporting documentation (name change etc.). Again iy depends on the airline rep checking your tickets too.

Also, if your home country's consulate is nearby you may want to try with them, they can do a name change in your passport with in a day.

Good luck mici...hope it works out for you.

I agree with Rosie's answer; although if you have already booked your tickets not to worry. My friend's wife went through same experience and I called them last night, they said it was not much of problem as they were carrying all of the supporting documentation (name change etc.). Again iy depends on the airline rep checking your tickets too.

Also, if your home country's consulate is nearby you may want to try with them, they can do a name change in your passport with in a day.

Good luck mici...hope it works out for you.

Dang! Yeah I already put my new name on the tickets. Thank you for calling your friend to find out, that's really nice of you. I will take the name change with me for sure - marriage certificate ( or license - I keep forgeting which one is which :) ) should be fine, right? I' try with the embassy too, but I believe last time I checked they wanted me to mail them the passport which would take 3 months to process So I thought I would just change it once I went home. I'll look into it. Rosie thank you as well ;)

Dang! Yeah I already put my new name on the tickets. Thank you for calling your friend to find out, that's really nice of you. I will take the name change with me for sure - marriage certificate ( or license - I keep forgeting which one is which :) ) should be fine, right? I' try with the embassy too, but I believe last time I checked they wanted me to mail them the passport which would take 3 months to process So I thought I would just change it once I went home. I'll look into it. Rosie thank you as well ;)

Take your marriage license, that's the document that legalized your name change, not your driver's license.
Let us know how it went and if they gave you any hassles! :)

Finally it arrived today in mail; yeah the plastic GC arrived in mail today!

It was issued day after my infopass appointment; so that means my 2 year conditional period ends in Mar 2011 as opposed to Feb 2011.

Anyways, I am glad to have it in my hand finally :D

Thanks once again for all your support and help! Special mention to my friends; Rosie, Doc & Mici ;)!

congratulations! doesn't it feel great??? I especially like the back of the card with the presidents :)))))) I didn't notice it at first and then I'm like "that's so cool!" :)

go party! :D

About congrats letter from USCIS

maaaan, I'm so relieved I don't know what to do first :))))) I guess I'm going to look for flight deals - haven't been home for 5 1/2 years...sooo happy :)

thanks to all of you, btw, I totally forgot to say that!

Hi,

First, congrats you to receive the letter!

I believe I got twice confirmations from IO I will get a "conditional GC" and the end she gave me a paper saying I need to do a 751 to PGC after 2 years. I didn't get any paper stamp saying I approved. I heard my friend experience that she got a letter from USCIS and congrats her approval. I was interviewd last Monday and I expect I should receive this letter, but I didn't. My grilfriend said she got hers within one week. We went to same office to do interview but different IO. Should I worry something?
My husband kept asking me if we heard wrong. I think he gets more nervous than me.
I appreciate if someone can share experience.

Hi,

First, congrats you to receive the letter!

I believe I got twice confirmations from IO I will get a "conditional GC" and the end she gave me a paper saying I need to do a 751 to PGC after 2 years. I didn't get any paper stamp saying I approved. I heard my friend experience that she got a letter from USCIS and congrats her approval. I was interviewd last Monday and I expect I should receive this letter, but I didn't. My grilfriend said she got hers within one week. We went to same office to do interview but different IO. Should I worry something?
My husband kept asking me if we heard wrong. I think he gets more nervous than me.
I appreciate if someone can share experience.

Unfortunately, all you can do is wait :(

I just got a letter that I am APPROVED!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAY!!! holy moly, this is unbelievable!!! :D I'm so happy :) good luck to all of you guys!

Did you got to finish your studies or you are studying still?

I have the same case you had But instead it say it need to be held for file review!

How did the trip go?
Did you have any problems with the tickets not matching your passport name?
Let us know! :)

How did the trip go?
Did you have any problems with the tickets not matching your passport name?
Let us know! :)

I didn't go yet :) I'm going in 2 and half weeks. I'm so excited to see all of it after such a long time. You were going to go somewhere too, right?

I didn't go yet :) I'm going in 2 and half weeks. I'm so excited to see all of it after such a long time. You were going to go somewhere too, right?

Have a wonderful trip then! :)

I wish I could go on vacation right now! I'm in the middle of moving out of state.. and it's so stressful! :(