October 2008 (Thread Deleted) ????

oh, gosh, this is so complicated! but I get it :) thanks to both of you, that's what I wanted to hear. so back to hoping that "adjudicative review" is only a formality :)))

I just got a letter that I am APPROVED!!!!!!!! YAAAAAAAY!!! holy moly, this is unbelievable!!! :D I'm so happy :) good luck to all of you guys!

maaaan, I'm so relieved I don't know what to do first :))))) I guess I'm going to look for flight deals - haven't been home for 5 1/2 years...sooo happy :)

thanks to all of you, btw, I totally forgot to say that!

fwiw, I didn't delete the original October thread... not sure who that leaves, though. This is strange because we can delete parts of the thread, which could remove pretty much anything to clean it up (in case it was heavily spammed). Shouldn't be a need to permanently delete the entire thread. Oh well...

fwiw, I didn't delete the original October thread... not sure who that leaves, though. This is strange because we can delete parts of the thread, which could remove pretty much anything to clean it up (in case it was heavily spammed). Shouldn't be a need to permanently delete the entire thread. Oh well...

That's exactly what I don't understand. Why delete the entire thread?
Unless it was done by mistake.. this is the only thing I can think of..

Where is our October original thread? How comes the portal moderators can't bring it back? Strange...Oh well..

Where is our October original thread? How comes the portal moderators can't bring it back? Strange...Oh well..

Becuase there are 2 ways of deleting a thread when done by a moderator. One way is a "soft" delete: mods can still see it and bring it back if necessary. The other way is a "hard" delete: it's lost forever. Whoever deleted this thread, used the "permanently delete" option and no mod can recover it any longer. Maybe the admin can, but I'm not sure about that.

To all Oct. filers: our interview today is SUPER easy, and of course, we got approved.
Here is how it went:
+ Appointment at 10:30, got there very early but waited until 9:45 to get in.
+ While waiting, I made some jokes and we all laughed and very relax :D
+ A white lady called us, but our attorney wasn't there yet, hence we waited until he came.
+ We sworn first, then showed her our papers/documents. She went over the list, quickly went over the pictures.
+ She "mistakenly" (I'm not sure if it was done in purpose) asked my wife if this date xx/xx is her birthday, but in fact, it was my birthday and my wife pointed it out.
+ She asked me yes/no questions
+ She asked my wife if she is still going to school in another state (YES), and when we'll be together (2 years from now). I could tell from her face expression that she didn't expect to hear that. ( and I was worried)
+ Then she asked why my wife why she didn't go to school here w/ me (Because the only 2 pharm. school in Houston rejected her). I saw the IO's face was a bit relax after hearing this (seriously, you can tell the different)
And this is all she asked. She printed out something, which happened to be the approval letter :D ...

So in short, we were never asked stuff like "how u met", blah blah blah, which really suprised me. I guess we were lucky.

Anyway, we would like to thank a bunch to this forum and its members. I guess I'll see everyone in this thread 2 years from now :D

Gudluck all

Thank you :)))

You guys, is it ok to have plane ticket with my married name (which is also on GC) and old name in my passport?will they fuss about it at the airport?

GC is here!!! :)

gladius, still nothing? :(

Well the infopass worked for me. It looks like my file was mistakenly put in a wrong folder or something in spite of being approved the day of interview.

So long story short; I received my approval letter & welcome letter this past week. Hopefully GC will be here in next 4-5 business days. Will keep you guys posted.