October - 2002 Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
new status message for I 140 .....

Surprise to see……….

INS changed the status message for I140…. Did you people observe this?

It is taking between 90 and 300 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
EAD&AP appruved at last...

I-485/765/131:
RD - 11/15/02
ND - 12/11/02
EAD AD - 02/24/03
AP AD - 02/26/03
No changes of I-485 status... FP done 01/23/03. :confused:

EAD and AP still not approved

Concurrent filing: 485/EAD/AP/140

MD 11/18/2002
RD 11/21/2002
ND 12/24/2002 for 485/EAD/AP/140
FP Notice date 01/04/2003
FP DATE: 02/13/2003

But my EAD and AP haven't been processed. My company's hired attorney filed for me? Could you guys give me some suggestions on what I should do for this delay? Thanks.

Cgr

Re: EAD and AP still not approved

Originally posted by cgr
Concurrent filing: 485/EAD/AP/140

MD 11/18/2002
RD 11/21/2002
ND 12/24/2002 for 485/EAD/AP/140
FP Notice date 01/04/2003
FP DATE: 02/13/2003

But my EAD and AP haven't been processed. My company's hired attorney filed for me? Could you guys give me some suggestions on what I should do for this delay? Thanks.

Cgr

Call your regional INS processing center directly. Vermont Service Center's is (802) 527-4913. Keep dialing until you get through - it might take a long time. Just tell INS customer rep about your situation. He/she won't tell you anything useful besides that already written on your I-765 receipt notice but you'll draw their attention to your case anyway.
I was in the same situation as you and my case had been approved within a week after I called them. Might be a coincidence though.
Also you may ask for interim EAD in local INS office.

Anyone know FBI contact number to confirm whether they sent FP back to INS or not?

Re: Re: EAD and AP still not approved

Two problems here:
1. Boston INS does not allow EAD and AP appication since Feb.5
2. My attorney threaten me that if I make calls to Vermont IIO, my case might be denied. Vyle, was your case filed by the attorney or yourself. Thanks,
Cgr

Originally posted by VYLE
Call your regional INS processing center directly. Vermont Service Center's is (802) 527-4913. Keep dialing until you get through - it might take a long time. Just tell INS customer rep about your situation. He/she won't tell you anything useful besides that already written on your I-765 receipt notice but you'll draw their attention to your case anyway.
I was in the same situation as you and my case had been approved within a week after I called them. Might be a coincidence though.
Also you may ask for interim EAD in local INS office.

Re: Re: Re: EAD and AP still not approved

Originally posted by cgr
Two problems here:
1. Boston INS does not allow EAD and AP appication since Feb.5
2. My attorney threaten me that if I make calls to Vermont IIO, my case might be denied. Vyle, was your case filed by the attorney or yourself. Thanks,
Cgr

1. That's new info for me.
Just a fact. My collegue came to Hartford office in mid-February to get interim EAD. They didn't give him interim EAD but instead of that he's got an instant approval of his case! Amazing.

2.Yes, my case was filed by my company attorney. But for I-485/765 type of cases it doesn't really matter who actually filed it.
Re your case - maybe there's something about it that makes your attorney very cautious. I don't khow. Ask him.
But generally it shouldn't do any harm just to ask INS rep about your case status.
Of course I'm not a lawyer and it's not a legal advice.

Question regarding FP

Do any of you know what is this FP notice based on.

I have Rd/AD OCt'02 and not yet received one!!!

FP Struck

Hi VYLE,

I got mine and my wife's FP done on Nov 29th but we recieved a notice for my wife to give FP again in Jan 1st week, we went and completed the FP and the online status is different for both of us, I have been checking this staus only recently maybe since a month

My Wife's online Status:
On December 6, 2002, the fingerprints for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were collected and are pending review.

My online Status:
On December 10, 2002, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

I am confused as to what is happening and I am thinking may be I should once call the INS Service Center and ask them what the hell is going on...Ur suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks
CDR

Online Status

Hi fellos,
I am happy to join this group which shares more or less same GC timeframe. I have filed I485 after my I140 is approved.
RD: 10/25/02
ND : 11/12/02
EAD: 11/23/02
FP done(for me and my wife): 01/06/03

How ever, my online status has not changed after finger printing.
My wife got a second finger printing notice because the first one did not come well. She appeared again on 03/16 and her online status changed on 3/19 sayig that her FP report is back and processing resumed. How ever my status has not changed at all.
Is there any one in similar sitaution ? (no change in online status)

2nd time FP

Hi Satish,
I am in a similar situation as u, even my wife got the FP notice 2nd time because the first once were not properly done.

And the online status for both of us is different as in my posting above u, can u cut paste both urs and ur wife's online status and we can compare

CDR

Message for My wife :
---------------------------
On March 19, 2003, the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case

Message for My Case
---------------------------
On November 20, 2002, we mailed a notice requesting that you appear for fingerprint recording. Blah Blah ......

I think they did not update status during January and early February.

FP AVM still not updated!

Guys,
I am in the same boat!
FP done on 14th Jan, FBI forwarded results to INS..AVM still not
updated! Planning to call IIO and see what the deal is.

Jan FP's

Hi dsatish,
I think for all the FP's done in Jan they forgot to update the status as u said urs was done on 01/06/03 as was my wife's 2nd FP done on 01/04/03 and the online Status is not updated.

My Wife's online Status:
On December 6, 2002, the fingerprints for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were collected and are pending review.

Does ur online status say the same.

Thanks
CDR

Hi Everyone

Hi All,

I think the best thing is to call the IIO and ask them why they are not updating the Finger Prints status online...
In concurrent filing I believe they look at ur personal details
and then approve EAD, AP, FP's and once FP's are OK then
approve the I-140.

Then in our cases since they are not looking at our FP's results
they are keeping the I-140 also on hold.

That is the reason I believe we should call them and tell them
that I gave my finger prints called FBI and they said everything is OK with FP's and they have sent to INS.
If u guys want the FBI # it is: 304-625-5590...option 4, they will ask for ur A# (Alien #) just give that and they will tell u about the FP results and when they mailed to INS

Thanks
CDR

No I have not filed it but I am going to file soon. I don't see my I 140 approval in near future and so as I485. I definately have to apply. Anybody knows the procedure to reapply and what are the documents required. Also can we apply ourself or we have to go through the lawywer.

Status
Not open for further replies.