October 06 Bulletin - time for prediction

rani004

Registered Users (C)
Hey everyone,

It is the same time around - which compels us to start wondering what the new bulletin has in store for us. Most of us are affected by the bulletin--it can change our lives.

So--lets go...what does everyone think?

Mua predictions --- india---eb2--Jan'03 will become current in a year...
eb3---india--may 01' but will move faster this year.

I'm optimistic. I think the eb3 world category will become current :rolleyes: and this nightmare will finally be over...Anyhow, goodluck to everybody in all retrogressed categories.

I will be truthful and blunt. Being positive and all that is good, but you have to face the facts.Just hoping for the dates to move forward will do no good.

I think the dates are going to go back or be static for atleast a year or so..after that move very slowly. I am a PD of 4/03 and I think it is going be 2010 before I get my GC. Of course, I don;t need it because i am a citizen , but just in case....

Catdog, I don't know what the forum would do without all your drama :eek: ...they should promote you to super-citizen :D !!

I think if they pass the SKIL BILL before the end of the year, everybody will have a good chance. I wish zz2006 is right for saying that eb3 world category will become current and this nightmare will finally be over. Let's be optimistic.

Good Luck !!!

New year starts in Oct. or Nov?

Visa Bulletin in Sept. will it reflect numbers from new year or do we have to wait for one more month?

September visa bulletin will have dates for the new fiscal year which start in october.So you can check to see what the new set of visa have for you.

My Guess for Oct 06 VB, may be published on Friday Sep 15.

EB2 India : Jul 03
EB2 China: Jul 05
EB2 ROW: Current

EB3 India: Jul 01
EB2 China: Jul 02
EB2 ROW: Dec 02

Last edited by a moderator:
as long as DOL Backlogs...

Hi,

It is nice to hope EB3 becomes current. It might be, too. But my theory is "retrogression is on purpose" therefore, it wouldn't be current as long as Backlog centers finalize the case.

Some how, I believe that, PD is going paralel to earliest case in BC's. I hope I'm wrong.

When they start to discuss SKILL, Same f.. fate will become to true as happened at the end of last year in Budget Law. They will say that, "let's talk all this immigration related issues when we we talk CIR after November.

If they don't, it's means that CIR is dead!

I'ts very good opportunity to collabrate with Healt Lobby to fight retrogression. I hope it doesn't return us an other Schedule-A case stolen from our numbers to relieve just them and leave us f..ed here for 3-4 years.

The good thing, I just invited to Canadian Embassy for interview. At least I have some card on my hand.

I don't know why but the worst thing about retrogreesion is to make fell I was that ship, "Amistad"

I love you all and wish you health, happiness and wealth. Rest is just little worries to make life not to ordinary.

Take Care.
ZbD

This year November election could bring something to the table, I am pretty sure USCIS guys are watching elections and fate CIR bill, as of now CIR stalled in repblican majority congress,

However, there will be some bill this year and USCIS has to gear up either to issue worker visa to 12million or try to find them and deport.

right now politicians are simply ignoring things and they can't afford to do so for long.

so my point is, either way USCIS has much bigger fish to fry than worrying about EB3 Indian legal immigrants, so they might as decide something on our fate and overal retrogressed visa in coming three to four months

You would think so ...

guldukan said:
This year November election could bring something to the table, I am pretty sure USCIS guys are watching elections and fate CIR bill, as of now CIR stalled in repblican majority congress,

However, there will be some bill this year and USCIS has to gear up either to issue worker visa to 12million or try to find them and deport.

right now politicians are simply ignoring things and they can't afford to do so for long.

so my point is, either way USCIS has much bigger fish to fry than worrying about EB3 Indian legal immigrants, so they might as decide something on our fate and overal retrogressed visa in coming three to four months

guldukan,

What you say makes sense but all this sounds to logical to me. We can only wait and see what new wonders are in store for all of us :)

regards,

saras

yaa right, I know USCIS is wrong to place look for any logic, I just wonder aren't they bored to death looking at my application for past many years,

besides Mr Bushy is up to something after election on immigration, so far Bushy got what he wants so if he really means putting illegal alliens on citizenship he is going to get it and I am counting on him :(

meanwhile I hope USCIS will show some mercy on law-abiding,tax paying legal aliens :( and clear all our application by early 2007 quarter

OR

they could use this execuse and put the dates all the way back to 1998 again

at this time my heart refueses to listen to my brain and wants to belive everthing is going to be alright

Worst Case Scenario

Any guesses on What would be the worst case scenario for EB3 (India) PD 2002 assuming no favorable immigration laws are passed?

A year or two year wait ???? :mad:

Murthy seems positive

desp_gc said:
Any guesses on What would be the worst case scenario for EB3 (India) PD 2002 assuming no favorable immigration laws are passed?

A year or two year wait ???? :mad:

I have no idea where Murthy got this info from, however t was posted in their chat section (August 28, 2006) that the DOS expects EB2 and EB3 to move ahead in October, and it was referring specifically to India.

blondhenge said:
I have no idea where Murthy got this info from, however t was posted in their chat section (August 28, 2006) that the DOS expects EB2 and EB3 to move ahead in October, and it was referring specifically to India.

The following is also from the same bulletin

Chat User : Murthyji, I heard that, if your PD is in 2005, it will take at least 2 years to apply for I-485. Is it true? My whole career depends on this, so please advise.

Attorney Murthy : There is no guarantee of how long it will take, but you do not mention if it is an EB2 or EB3 case. The EB3 could take 3 to 6 years, and the EB2 could be about 2 to 3 years, but there are times when the PDs are current or move faster in a particular month. If one is vigilant, therefore, s/he may be able to file the I-485 and be safer with the EAD and the possibility of taking advantage of AC21 portability to change employers, if the new job is in the same or similar field.

Well..., I would think Murthy is very optimistic :) .

Last year ..

blondhenge said:

Guys and Gals,

I don't want to single out murthy but last Sept 05 she made several claims that PDs would move substantially in Oct 05. She specifically stated that the USCIS is pre-approving thousands of cases and there will be a flood of approvals come Oct 1. We all know what happened then .. I am not saying that its her fault. She is guessing or basing it on information she gets. The point is that NO ONE can give us any sort of reasonable update on the future of PD movement. People are either way to optimistic or way to pessimistic. I for one do not really pay much attention to any lawyers updates.

regards,

saras

indian_gc_ocean said:
The following is also from the same bulletin

Chat User : Murthyji, I heard that, if your PD is in 2005, it will take at least 2 years to apply for I-485. Is it true? My whole career depends on this, so please advise.

Attorney Murthy : There is no guarantee of how long it will take, but you do not mention if it is an EB2 or EB3 case. The EB3 could take 3 to 6 years, and the EB2 could be about 2 to 3 years, but there are times when the PDs are current or move faster in a particular month. If one is vigilant, therefore, s/he may be able to file the I-485 and be safer with the EAD and the possibility of taking advantage of AC21 portability to change employers, if the new job is in the same or similar field.

Well..., I would think Murthy is very optimistic :) .

2 different scenarios though. The first posting refers to a 2002 PD, whereas the 2nd one refers to a 2005 PD. All she was saying is that there may be movement that would benefit early PDs.