Oct 2009 Visa Bulletin

Did you notice the little note in botton of mumbai bulletin website...

This site is managed by the U.S. Department of State.
External links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views or privacy policies contained therein.

I believe mumbai copied it wrong as Feb02 is Mainland China's cutoff for EB3 :-(

Friends,

my PD is Aug 2003. I've been on EAD since Feb 2005 ;-) - I was hoping for some movement here - Not sure if it moves back a little and then move forward. Usually check once a year around Oct/Nov. I hope jackolantern is right on this one.

Hoochie

Hehhe @ USCIS...you're kidding, right?

EB3: India
PD: Sep 2006
I-140: Dec 2006
I-485 RD: 2 Aug 2007
1st FP: Oct 2007
I-485 Interview: Aug 2009
Smiling: Now

Last edited by a moderator:
This is insane

This is insane ...waiting for almost eight years for this f***ing GC ...everytime there is any hope to end of my misery USCIS pushes the date back to Apr-01 ...this is nothing but a torture

This is insane ...waiting for almost eight years for this f***ing GC ...everytime there is any hope to end of my misery USCIS pushes the date back to Apr-01 ...this is nothing but a torture

Hi Tyagi, Are you still here? I can not believe.

This is really insane. We were first struck in BEC and now here. IMO, CIR is impossible before mid term elections. What do we do?

mumbai consulate visa bulletin mismatch - EB3

Its really strange that even after several days the mumbai consulate website still shows EB3 october date as 22Feb02. They have not corrected it.
Write to the consulate to correct mistake. I have done that.
Who knows in this crazy world of Eb3 green card they might issue visas incorrectly.

Its really strange that even after several days the mumbai consulate website still shows EB3 october date as 22Feb02. They have not corrected it.
Write to the consulate to correct mistake. I have done that.
Who knows in this crazy world of Eb3 green card they might issue visas incorrectly.

Maybe its on purpose, the date only applies to consulate appts.

Hi All,
With such a bleak Oct 2009 Visa Bulletin (EB3 of course) do you think there are any chances at all for EB3 application with PD 2003 getting approved in the near future?
We are thinking to go back if it is going to be never ending process.
Thanks

Iam in your situation...i was hoping some light this Oct bulletin....Iam thinking should I leave this country and ditch whole GC process... seems to be never ending.:confused:
Hi All,
With such a bleak Oct 2009 Visa Bulletin (EB3 of course) do you think there are any chances at all for EB3 application with PD 2003 getting approved in the near future?
We are thinking to go back if it is going to be never ending process.
Thanks

Wait for October and see what happens. If my theory is correct, there will be a flood of approvals even though most will have PDs that are not current according to the bulletin (because their visa numbers would have been preassigned and USCIS is just waiting for October 1 to give the final stamp of approval).

Wait for October and see what happens. If my theory is correct, there will be a flood of approvals even though most will have PDs that are not current according to the bulletin (because their visa numbers would have been preassigned and USCIS is just waiting for October 1 to give the final stamp of approval).

Dear Jackolantern,

I appreciate your persistence on saying this. But for a Visa number to be pre-assigned, dates must have been current atleast once in the past one year.

USCIS has changed itself a lot and I do not think, they will approve any EB3-I unless dates move forward. My assumtion of dates retrogressed is that, there must be several thousand 245 (i) cases cleared by FBI name check that are pre Apr 01.

I think EB3 India is directly related to economy, unless economy improves EB3 India wont move ahead.
How many 485 application are there before 15Apr 2001, not more then few thousand i guess.
may be we will see 485 denied for simple reasons which where neglected before. I don't know if EB3 India has any future for next few years

Hi
Yes quota is same, but it is up to them when to use it, for now what may be the reason for another retrogression, how many EB3 visa are pending before 15th April 2001?

Hi
Yes quota is same, but it is up to them when to use it, for now what may be the reason for another retrogression, how many EB3 visa are pending before 15th April 2001?

Several thousands of 245(i) cases. When Clinton signed for helping 245(i), he also signed to capture unused visas of earlier years. But DOL slept on labor's and USCIS did not utilize all the visas and again wasted. In 2007 DOL approved all the labor's and now the system is clogged. Most of these 245(i) cases are EB3 though in a diiferent category, but consumes EB3 visa's.

There does not seem to be any help from any side. President Obama is spending all his political capitol for health care and he may not have any for Immigration bill. And mid term elections is a concern for House.

I understand your situation as you were at the edge and was punished for being in EB3. I am also in the same boat.

I believe it was bush who did the 245(i) in April of 2001. Not sure, not that it matters, this April 2001 data has come back to screw me many times over in the last eight years.

God only know what will happen to eb3. I am now Aug 2003 PD - Will wait it out I suppose.

Hoochie