Oct 17, 2002, a day etched in Lamborghini's history forever, he hits 287 miles per hr

lamborghini

Registered Users (C)
LAMBORGHINI IS APPROVED!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Guys

Today is my lucky day. My case has been approved. I checked the online system and the AVM and it says "yep! you are a free person. Go get drunk!"

I checked at 4:10 p.m. and then at 5:30 p.m. but it hadn't approved then. I checked at 11:10 p.m. and I was all smiles.. started calling family, friends, neighbors, landlord etc etc. etc. :) :)

Timeline

* Aug 1994 - Came for an MS degree (GO IRISH!)
* Sept 1996 - finished MS and started working with Company A in NJ. Company A promised to help with GC any which way they can
* Oct 1997 - Company A files labor in NJ under EB3 Regular (what the f^%$#% are they thinking)
* Oct 1998 - Company A refiles labor in NJ under EB3 RIR (despite all of us having a MS degree and them hiring only MS folks for the job. We told them that EB3 will royally screw us up in the I-485 stage at that time the wait was like 1 1/2 years between I-140 and I-485. Their response "We are trying to get you in the queue as soon as possible. We cannot spend time on getting an EB2 type RIR").
By March 1999 most people have left the company, some are planning on leaving soon. That is when they say, "We think we have a strong enough case to create an EB2 category and refile labor." My response! yeah right see ya!
* March 1999 - started new job with company B in boston
* June 2000 - Company filed labor under EB2 RIR
* August 2000 - Cleared Boston SESA
* Nov 2000 - Cleared Boston DOL
* Dec 2000 - Filed I-140.
* June 2001 - I-140 cleared, but my lawyer never told me that it. Instead he sent the papers to HR and the HR intern slept on it for 2 months. All this while the AVM still says that I-140 is being processed - it still says that even now!!!
* Aug 2001 - Find out that I-140 cleared
* Sept 2001 - Filed I-485. RD 09/12/2001
* Dec 2001 - FP notice. Did FP on Dec 29th. Cleared on Jan 18th and processing resumed
* Oct 17, 2002 - Lamborghini hits 287 miles per hour at 11:10 at night while enjoying a bottle of red wine :)

The only hiccupp with Company B and GC - The HR department. I went through 8 (yes I kid you not, EIGHT) HR people in my 3 1/2 years - some were great, some good, some just plain sucked!!! and that is why it took 2 years and 4 months from start to finish.

So 8 years, 1 month and 26 days later I have what I wanted... and YES I am going to make it all worth while...

I am tired, I am relieved, I am ecstatic, I don't have words to describe the feeling. I have been calling everyone and their uncle for the past hour.

I love you all and I ain't going anywhere for a while.

Good luck. Hope you feel as free as I do today when you get yours (and you will soon).

GOD BLESS

Last edited by a moderator:
CONGRATS!!!!!

man...8 years...EIGHT YEARS....

it's over, done, finished!!!

that's good stuff man. and another thing, i am glad VSC did not forget the september filers.

personally, i want all you sept, aug, july people still waiting to get approved so they can put forth all effort on october and november people.

we'll miss you from this board, but at the same time i am happy to see you go. :) each new approval is an approval closer to mine.... *fingers crossed*

Congrat LAMBORGHINI, GOOD LUCK JULY16

Normally I do not post lots of congratulatory messages, not that I do not want to wish people, but I know that they have achieved what they set out to do and are very happy. As such my congratulatory message will not increase their joy. So in my mind I pray for them and wish them all the very best.

But for you, July16 and lots of others on this board, I want to say explicitly "CONGRATULATIONS" and "ALL THE VERY BEST TO YOU GUYS". You have been great.. But do stay on the board if you can...

May God Bless You and Your Family!!

Love
180DaysGuy

Congratulations

All the best in the future. I am glad you are almost free of the shackles of the INS.

Congrats

Man.... You got it finally!!
Congrats and wish you a good luck for your future.
I really admire the way you present in this forum. Hope I won't miss it for some more time.

Good luck and have lots of fun.:) :)

WOW! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Lamborghini ....
Congratulations and all the best for you and your family!

PS: No . I am not a state trooper :)

Lamborghini!!! You star :cool:

Congratulations!! Good luck for the future. I hope you stick around here for a while. I'm just getting to know all you guys and then you go and get approved. Very selfish of you :p

Really, congrats. I hope you party hard this weekend to celebrate. Enjoy Boston too - my favourite city in the US.

Congratulations!

Heartiest congratulations Lamborghini

Way to go. It sure took a long time , but i'm sure its all worth the wait.

Good luck with ur future endeavours. !

Do stick around on this forum for a while, will ya? Like scotgirl said, we were just getting to know all you guys ....:)

dardenkoa, american gujju, paccha, greaty-k, 180DaysGuy, sam99, Girish Rajput, rggcard, javagal, sonunigam0203, GC012002, Scotgirl, kasak_busak, rav8tor, phoaupkari, , , -- all my dear friends. Thank you all so much for your congratulations and good wishes. I think this is what makes us immigrant community unique - we truly empathize with each other and sincerely wish well.

Although the process itself was 2 yrs and 4 months, it feels like this freedom took a long time coming, given that I have been here since 1994. I will be around on this forum - fear not.

I remember a line from an english read back in high-school, a lesson by Dr. Christiaan Barnard (South African surgeon who become the first to perform a heart transplant on a human being). It was on the course of events of that fateful day when he did the first heart transplant. But in the chapter he wonders about human suffering, about why we suffer and what if anything we gain out of it...

He ends the chapter with the realization "Suffering ennobles you. It makes you a better person."

This has stuck with me for the last 15 years. I believe it.

Take heart waiters.

Big up congrats to the Lamb with the plan!

Welcome to the club. Good luck to the others
knocking on the door.

Have a good weekend, y'all!