OCI - Washington DC Tracker

not received yet.....next 3 days holiday.....so only next week they will open all their OCI mails..........idiots....we have to wait every step in this OCI porocess...such a pain in the .......don't know when they will improve.......worst Consulate People ..they are A.......

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Friday

Hopefully, there will be something good about this Good Friday.

Very few people post here so very difficult to extrapolate. N400Guy seems to be the last one but their's was so quick that it almost seems like an aberration.

NovaCitizen - Any particular reason why you went from PIO -> OCI for your minor? I also have a minor who has a PIO. Haven't taken the PIO -> OCI plunge for the child yet.

Happy Easter.

Come on Travisa! Don't hatch the Easter eggs.

With PIO , we need to register with FRRO office if we stay more than 6 months....we are planning to go back to India for good soon.......thought OCI is better......more over , my daughter was not eligible for OCI 2 years back -- so only option that time was PIO......

if ur kid is not planning to stay for long in India, then don't apply for OCI......

Hopefully, there will be something good about this Good Friday.

Very few people post here so very difficult to extrapolate. N400Guy seems to be the last one but their's was so quick that it almost seems like an aberration.

NovaCitizen - Any particular reason why you went from PIO -> OCI for your minor? I also have a minor who has a PIO. Haven't taken the PIO -> OCI plunge for the child yet.

Happy Easter.

Come on Travisa! Don't hatch the Easter eggs.

Thanks

Thank you NovaCitizen. My son was not eligible for OCI either then and that's how I applied for the PIO. Kid not planning to stay in India but eventually I'll apply for the OCI.

With PIO , we need to register with FRRO office if we stay more than 6 months....we are planning to go back to India for good soon.......thought OCI is better......more over , my daughter was not eligible for OCI 2 years back -- so only option that time was PIO......

if ur kid is not planning to stay for long in India, then don't apply for OCI......

This was the GOOD part of Good Friday - My dispatch date from India was 4/15

No updates on Govt of India site but Travisa site shows this:

04/22/2011 9:20am EST Outsourcing office has verified the OCI is processed correctly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pm and 6:00pm. If mail back, waiting for FedEx pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.

04/22/2011 10:54am EST Passport mailed out.

Based on Standard Overnight, I will get it on Monday (25). Had I selected Saturday delivery, it would have been a different story. If I had chosen Custom Critical, it would have been in my hands by now :-D

Rock On.

Congrats. based on Good Friday being a Holiday, I believe you should expect to receive it anytime between 25th thru 27th, depending on the mode of delivery selected. I opted for FedEx Standard Overnight and am about 100 miles from DC. If you are in NoVA, you could collect it same day, if you wanted to, that is.

FedEx Custom Critcal anyone?

No updates on Govt of India site but Travisa site shows this:

04/22/2011 9:20am EST Outsourcing office has verified the OCI is processed correctly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pm and 6:00pm. If mail back, waiting for FedEx pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.

Based on Standard Overnight, I will get it on Monday (25). Had I selected Saturday delivery, it would have been a different story. If I had chosen Custom Critical, it would have been in my hands by now :-D

Rock On.
congrats!!!!!

there is no change in status for me.....it's dispatched on same day as yours.....
did the status change on india site?

01-APR-2011 Date Of Acknowledgment
06-APR-2011 Photo/Signature Scanned On
06-APR-2011 Registration Status Granted On
15-APR-2011 Documents Printed On
20-APR-2011 Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on
Documents Received at WASHINGTON NOT YET

Thanks. You should receive it soon or might have received it when you went back home Monday.

The status has not changed on the Govt. of India site but I received the package Monday evening.

You might have to rely on Travisa website status more than Govt. of India site but keep checking both.

Good Luck to you.

For the sake of other users -
03/17/2011 11:12am EST Application assigned for processing
03/18/2011 3:04pm EST Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
03/21/2011 4:14pm EST Documents prepared to go to Embassy.
03/25/2011 10:08am EST Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
03/25/2011 11:53am EST Documents received by Consulate

Date Of Acknowledgment 25-MAR-2011
Photo/Signature Scanned On 25-MAR-2011
Registration Status Granted On 30-MAR-2011
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 13-APR-2011
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on 15-APR-2011
Documents Received at WASHINGTON NOT YET [This last status line is incorrect, because I received it on 4/25]

Ballpark: ~2 weeks for Travisa to process and then ~4 weeks on Govt. of India end

congrats!!!!!

there is no change in status for me.....it's dispatched on same day as yours.....

congrats!!!!!

NovaCitizen, I am in the same boat as you .

04/13/2011 PRINTED
04/15/2011 Dispatched
No further status update on travisa or the oci status website (as of 4/27).

Do post if there are any updates in your case.

Thanks

I emailed Travisa about my case and following is the reply :

"
Dear Mr xxxxx,

The Indian Embassy needs to do some further procedure before releasing your OCI cards. Once everything is in order they will release it to us and we can mail it back to you. Thank you for your patience.
Regards,

Jan Marisse Reyes
Team Leader
Travisa Outsourcing"

Rahul_new,
when is your doucment sent to Consulate from Travisa -- mine was on 3/30?
can you please post all your dates?

finally...Travisa got OCI card...........no change in status at OCI inquiry site......still is says "NOT YEY" received........................

04/29/2011 10:11am EST Outsourcing office has verified the OCI is processed correctly. Ready for pickup between 4:30pm and 6:00pm. If mail back, waiting for FedEx pick up and is likely to be mailed out tomorrow.

04/29/2011 12:22pm EST Passport mailed out

OCI site:

Travisa Site:
05/03/2011 4:42pm EST Travisa Outsourcing has checked the status of your application with the Government of India. Your application is pending approval.

Strange, one says already approved and dispatched, other say not yet approved.

-------------------------------------------------
Travisa
05/09/2011 12:46pm EST Ready for pickup between 4:30pm and 6:00pm.
05/09/2011 6:31pm EST Passport picked up in person

My OCI process has completed as of today. Recd the passport, oci card and the cancelled Indian passport in mail today.

My long OCI card journey is now complete.
Thanks to this forum, on tips, encouragement and the flyer about the consulate's open forum.

How long is the process to get OCI? I haven't apply yet. Can I submit my application in person rather than by FedEx?

How long is the process to get OCI? I haven't apply yet. Can I submit my application in person rather than by FedEx?
The process of OCI varies from Consulate to Consulate; as well as Travisa to Travisa. Usually your application sits at Travisa for a few days before going to the Consulate and if you're lucky you will have your OCI application acknowledged right away. If that's not the case, then there's plenty of horror stories written all over the internet. My OCI was processed at San Francisco and I was lucky enough to have my OCI card printed at Delhi just before the machine broke down. So, mine was processed within 34 days. I dropped the application in person.

Usually you can apply for OCI in person, but I heard that NY Travisa doesn't allow walk ins for OCI. It only lets you apply by mail. I am not sure about "your" Travisa.

I took 4 2X2 passport size photos from studio. The background is white. Is that okay for OCI in DC area? Please help.

You have to call Travisa office in your area to see if they allow OCI walk-ins. SF allows you to do a walk-in, but I read somewhere NY doesn't. So, double check with them. For the pictures:
You need only 2 pictures sized 2x2, light colored background. You can get the light background done at any professional studio. Travisa has accepted and processed some OCI applications with white background and denied some at the same time too. If the instructions mention light colored background then you should get the light colored background done for your own peace of mind. Travisa is run by idiots. You may never know when they will deny your application.