OCI - Washington DC Tracker

finally : It's PRINTED with 11-APR-2011 date....( ya...past date......supposed to be 4/13/2011 i think,,i checked every one hour for status update )......
I send an email to MHA india office, filed a complaint yesterday....not sure that triggered the move......

AirForce1Heavy...hope ur case is also now PRINT-ed status.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Update

Printed!

Now the stuff will get loaded on an Air India plane and sent to DC.
Guess how long that will take!

Photo/Signature Scanned On 25-MAR-2011
Registration Status Granted On 30-MAR-2011
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 13-APR-2011
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on NOT DISPATCHED

Printed!

Now the stuff will get loaded on an Air India plane and sent to DC.
Guess how long that will take!

Photo/Signature Scanned On 25-MAR-2011
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on NOT DISPATCHED

since there is no direct flight to DC by AIR India, they might transfer it in NewYork.......hope it won't get lost there ...:) ...if it's lost, then we have to follow up with AIR India officials and pilot-- maybe :)

Air India Cleared for take off

Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on 15-APR-2011
Documents Received at WASHINGTON NOT YET

Now they are working hard! Probably they'll get paid OT.

In any case, it will be at least a week before it will be dispatched to the Mission. Hopefully they won't keep reprinting like mine.

Congrats. based on Good Friday being a Holiday, I believe you should expect to receive it anytime between 25th thru 27th, depending on the mode of delivery selected. I opted for FedEx Standard Overnight and am about 100 miles from DC. If you are in NoVA, you could collect it same day, if you wanted to, that is.

FedEx Custom Critcal anyone?

mine also dispatched today......

Unfortunately, this is the phase where even Travisa cannot help. We are truly at the mercy of the babus. Can't complain to any one. The deepest, darkest, blackest hole!

Hi N400guy, thanks for the tip on the open forum. We drove 5 hrs from North Carolina to attend this session, so that we do not miss the opportunity to talk to a embassy official directly.

Quite a few people showed up to the meeting, the discussions ranged from payment options to how to prove indian origin. Travisa officials were also there.

The Q&A session was well handled by the officals and the moderator of the forum.
I have not gone to any forum like this one. It was very interesting and in my opinion time well spent, if you need to hear from those who deal with these issues on a daily basis.

There were lot of discussion around the renunciation process.

There was also another person who was in a similar situation to me, in terms of OCI application has been stuck in process. My application was filed June of last year during the time when there a lot of chances around the process

The embassy official did take down my details and said he would look into it. I will go to the embassy on Monday to see if they can provide a status on why my application has been in limbo for such a long time.

You guys forgot Dr. Baba Saheb Ambedkar Jayanti HOLIDAY on April 14, 2011. I agree, Govt. holidays cause delays and frustration too.

This might help raise your voice and concerns to the right officials.

http://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/content/RSC/eastcounty/Newsletters/images/AsktheEmbassyEvent.pdf

Some excerpt...

We have three high-ranking representatives from the Indian Embassy taking part in this forum, answering your questions on the OCI/PIO Card, passport, visa and other consular services. They are:
•Minister of Community Affairs DattaPadsalgikar
•Minister of ConsularAffairsN.K. Singh
•Counselor Dr. RanbirSingh and
•Travisaofficials will also participate

reposting as replied to the wroing thread.

Hi N400guy, thanks for the tip on the open forum. We drove 5 hrs from North Carolina to attend this session, so that we do not miss the opportunity to talk to a embassy official directly without an appt on a weekend.

Quite a few people showed up to the meeting, the discussions ranged from payment options to how to prove indian origin. Travisa officials were also there.

The Q&A session was well handled by the officals and the moderator of the forum.
I have not gone to any forum like this one. It was very interesting and in my opinion time well spent, if you need to hear from those who deal with these issues on a daily basis.

There were lot of discussion around the renunciation process.

There was also another person who was in a similar situation to me, in terms of OCI application has been stuck in process. My application was filed June of last year during the time when there a lot of chances around the process

The embassy official did take down my details and said he would look into it. I will go to the embassy on Monday to see if they can provide a status on why my application has been in limbo for such a long time.

We went to the embassy today ( April 18th,2011), and fixed the problem that was holding our processing up for almost 6 months. An issue with the photograph that was send as part of package. Took the new photograph at the Dupont Cirlce CVS ( as directed by the embassy official) . The OCI process is back on track. Will need to wait for another 3 weeks for the documents to be printed in Delhi.
Thanks to many contributors for helping with this issue and to www.immigration.com for providing this forum. It has been a great source of information and experiences to assist in navigating the various organizations.

o my god....bcos of bad photo, they hold it for 6 months........too bad....why can't they inform you about that? did you move out or change ur phone num or email id ? good thing you didn't send your US passport........

Photos

o my god....bcos of bad photo, they hold it for 6 months........too bad....why can't they inform you about that? did you move out or change ur phone num or email id ? good thing you didn't send your US passport........

About informing people. I do not think they are very proactive about these things, given their load. But I have to admit, they did diligently return my package 2 times when there was a lot of confusion around the reuniciation process. At both times, i had to send a different cashier's cheque amount and additional documentation for the renunciations. Perhaps they ran out of the budget for followup on my application. :) 2 additional fedex. They could have checked the photo at that time.

I did not move or change my number or email id during this time. I do try to check the mail that are caught my spam filters on regular basis.

Someone in the forum, had warned me about sending the passport and asking me to go in person to sort it out. Going in person with kids, was a lot of time and money for us who do not live in the Washington Area.

I hope the rest of the process goes without any glitch. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Dispatch Date = 15-APR-2011

Person with Dispatch Date of 4/15, reporting that CGI NY received it on 4/20 (today).
DC has missed today's bus.
Probably tomorrow or Friday.

Travisa open on Good Friday. Hopefully, they'll work on the mail on Friday.

ya.....greyhound or megabus ? may be they didn't get $1 ticket :) ........i am also looking for OCI......it'a already 3pm......may be tomorrow they should get it and handover to Travisa...... otherwise ...only next week.........