OCI - Washington DC Tracker

This is great or it isn't?

Either way, I will wait until Jan 11th to submit to travisa. At least, I think they verify all the documents like they did when I applied for an entry visa. This way, we will know immediately if any documents are missing/invalid rather than wait for the embassy folks to let us know besides lost time.

Last edited by a moderator:
An abstract from OCI link on the Indian Embassy site.

"Advisory: OCI and PIO Services outsourced

The Embassy of India has decided to outsource the handling of OCI & PIO applications to M/s. Travisa Outsourcing. The outsourcing arrangement in respect of the area falling under the consular jurisdiction of the Embassy of India, Washington DC (The Jurisdiction of Embassy of India, Washington D.C. is Bermuda, Delaware, District of Columbia, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia.) will come into effect on 11th January, 2011.

For smooth transition it has been decided that no applications will be received by the Embassy of India from 1st January to 10th January, 2011. Intending applicants are therefore advised not to submit any OCI/PIO applications by mail or otherwise during this period.

M/s Travisa Outsourcing will receive OCI/PIO applications with effect from 11th January, 2011. All applications received by Travisa Outsourcing will be acknowledged to the applicants by the next working day. For detailed guidelines on submitting the applications, documentation requirements and fee etc., kindly visit the following links:

www'dot'travisaoci'dot'com

www'dot'travisapio'dot'com

The outsourcing arrangement will not affect the applicants whose applications are already under process. Such applicants will continue to deal directly with the Embassy of India including submission of additional documents and passports. However, the applicants whose applications have been returned by the Embassy on account of any deficiency will have to resubmit the application to M/s Travisa (and not to the Embassy of India) after addressing the deficiencies.

The outsourcing arrangement in respect of the areas falling under the consular jurisdictions of the Indian Consulates in New York, San Francisco, Houston and Chicago will come into effect subsequently for which the exact schedule will be notified by them separately.

Ha Ha Ha, As expected, end of babu game ... good luck to the people who will be applying after January 11th. I am all set with this BS :)

I emailed my passport for OCI stamps on Dec 14th. It was received by the Wash DC embassy on the 15th. When can I expect the stamped passports back?

By what method will they be sending it? UPS? USPS? FedEx?

I won't be home during the holidays and wonder what will happen to the package if I am not home.

You should've received it by now ... it should be coming via UPS. If they couldn't deliver it in 3 attempts that they make than they would send the package back to Indian Embassy. Once Indian Embassy receive it back, you would be lucky if they would send it back again without you contacting them!!!

Try to have somebody home during the holiday season, I know its not easy but nothing is easy specially when you are dealing with these Babus.

I emailed my passport for OCI stamps on Dec 14th. It was received by the Wash DC embassy on the 15th. When can I expect the stamped passports back?

I won't be home during the holidays and wonder what will happen to the package if I am not home.

Wife and child application history:

Received: Nov 10
Acknowledged: Dec 10
Scanned: Dec 18
Granted: Dec 28
Docs printed: Dec 28
Dispatched: ??
Received: ??

Technically, anytime between the 16th December and 5th of January. The 5th is 21 days after its receipt at the embassy.

Did you apply for OCI and Surrender Certificate together?
Did you include a coverletter along with your US PPT's or quoted your file numbers on/inside the package?

Your's is probably along with my parents. Theirs arrived at the embassy on the 15th. Haven't received them back yet.

Wowwwwww!!!!!!! My OCI application has reached to granted state today (India's date 12/29) :)

SC + OCI Sent in Mail: 11/9/2010
Mail Delivered at Embassy: 11/12/2010
OCI Acknowledged: 12/16/2010
Cashier's check cashed by embassy: 12/17/2010
OCI Photo and Signature Scanned: 12/24/2010
OCI Granted: 12/29/2010

Wowwwwww!!!!!!! My OCI application has reached to granted state today (India's date 12/29) :)

congrats

Thanks!

It's printed as well now. Hopefully should be dispatched to the embassy soon.

OCI Printed: 12/29/2010

Thank you for all the feedback.

Today I am mailing the requested documents to DC office as I my documents have reached the DC office. It is 3 months and 20 days since I started the process. Hopefully it will be over in the next few weeks.

Thanks to all in the forum.

Srini
1) Cover Letter
2) US Passport
3) Screenshot printout of the OCI Tracking website stating the docs are received
4) If you have not sent $20 doc return fee or return envelope, include it with this mail now

I don't think you would need anything else ... people can take a look at my list and comment.

Thank you for all the feedback.

Today I am mailing the requested documents to DC office as I my documents have reached the DC office. It is 3 months and 20 days since I started the process. Hopefully it will be over in the next few weeks.

Thanks to all in the forum.

Srini

Good Luck!

After your OCI was printed in New Delhi office, how many days it took to reach Washington embassy and to see updated status on your OCI?

I would think about 2 weeks. Mine was also sent on 14th but via fedex not email :D :rolleyes: :p

Got it by UPS on 24th morning.

I was concerned about the same thing, but luckily it arrived for me before I went out.

My Time line

OCI Mission: DC

(USC June 7, PPT recd June 16, OCI online Sep 3)
Sent: Sep 28
Acknowledged: Nov 4
Scanned : Nov 15
Granted : Nov 20
Printed : Nov 29 (and Nov 27 and Nov 28)
Dispatched from India : Dec 3
Arrived in DC : Dec 14
PPT sent : Dec 15
PPT reached : Dec 16
OCI recd : Dec 24 (UPS)

DO: Fairfax (Balt dates)

Sent : N11
Recd/Pri D : N13
NOA date/Check cashed : N16
NOA recd : N21
FP notice dt : N20
FP notice received : N23
FP : D08 (wife's appt.)
FP appt : D10
IL Date : J6 (D15)
IL Recd: J11 (D16)
ID: F10 (J21)
Actual (Walkin) : F17
App date : A17
Oath : JN7
PP apply: JN7 (Exp)
PP recd: JN16
Sent: 9/28
Ack: N4
Scan : N15
Gtd : N20
Prt : N29
Snt : D3
DC : D14
RCD : D24

My Time line

(USC June 7, PPT recd June 16, OCI online Sep 3)
Sent: Sep 28
Acknowledged: Nov 4
Scanned : Nov 15
Granted : Nov 20
Printed : Nov 29 (and Nov 27 and Nov 28)
Dispatched from India : Dec 3
Arrived in DC : Dec 14
PPT sent : Dec 15
PPT reached : Dec 16
OCI recd : Dec 24 (UPS)
Thnks alren, Just in 3 months. Great.
Now you can have a peaceful next year and rest of the life (You do not have to deal with Indian agency any more)..

Wife and child application history:

Received: Nov 10
Acknowledged: Dec 10
Scanned: Dec 18
Granted: Dec 28
Docs printed: Dec 28
Dispatched: Dec 29
Received: ??