OCI - Washington DC Tracker

I just got my PP's received with OCI book. Here is my time line
9/7/2010 - Mailed SC and OCI applications
9/9/2010 - Received by DC Consulate
11/12/2010 - Acknowledged by DC Consulate
11/18/10 - Received SC and cancelled PP.
11/20/2010 - Photo/Signature Scanned
12/9/2010 - Registration Status: Granted
12/13/2010 - Documents Printed
12/20/2010 - Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office
12/29/2010 - Documents Received at Washington
12/29/2010 - Mailed US PP (and cover letter referencing the file number) via FedEx
12/30/2010 - PP received at Embassy (Signed by Pravin)
1/4/2011 - Received US PP (with OCI visa) and OCI booklet.

Srini
Congrats.
do you mind the outline of the cover letter and list of other documents to be attached for US PP U visa stamping?

thanks

Congrats.
do you mind the outline of the cover letter and list of other documents to be attached for US PP U visa stamping?

thanks

I used the cover letter as given in the following link
http://forums.immigration.com/showth...er#post2243550

I mailed the following
US PP
Cover letter
Prinitout of the OCI status
Copy of the SC ( though it is not needed. I mailed it as a precaution)
I paid the $20 fee for mailing earlier along with OCI fees.
Srini

I used the cover letter as given in the following link
http://forums.immigration.com/showth...er#post2243550

I mailed the following
US PP
Cover letter
Prinitout of the OCI status
Copy of the SC ( though it is not needed. I mailed it as a precaution)
I paid the $20 fee for mailing earlier along with OCI fees.
Srini

Thanks for posting.
We applied 3 family members in one package and adult child in another package and at 2 different dates.
The progress of all of us is almost same. (Scanned Today).
I have to send 4 US PPs
should I send all 4 PPs in single mailing with 1 cover letter(assuming that the embassay receives all approvals at the same time period) or 2 mailings (family of 3 and adult child seperate)?

thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
OCI / PIO is being outsourced

OCI/PIO process has been outsourced by the consulate from Jan 11 . This shouldnt affect the applications already sent.

indianembassy.org/oci.php

Thanks for posting.
We applied 3 family members in one package and adult child in another package and at 2 different dates.
I have to send 4 US PPs
should I send all 4 PPs in single mailing with 1 cover letter(assuming that the embassay receives all approvals at the same time period) or 2 mailings (family of 3 and adult child seperate)?

thanks again

I had 3 different applications with 3 tracking numbers, I actually packed the passports/pio in separate envelopes and than placed all 3 of them in 1 big Fedex packet and sent that 1 packet. I did write up the Name/Tracking number on each envelope to indicate these are 3 different applications.

I may recommend you do the same to avoid any confusion... they are already enough confused :)

I had 3 different applications with 3 tracking numbers, I actually packed the passports/pio in separate envelopes and than placed all 3 of them in 1 big Fedex packet and sent that 1 packet. I did write up the Name/Tracking number on each envelope to indicate these are 3 different applications.

I may recommend you do the same to avoid any confusion... they are already enough confused :)

This a great idea. Thanks.
As I understand, I will consider all 4 applications as seperate application. Though I applied 3 in one tiem and 1 at other time.
Make seperate cover letters and put in each envelope and make a main short cover letter mentioning that there are 4 envelopes.
It seems to be a good solution. Thanks sam

Thanks for posting.
I have to send 4 US PPs

thanks again
If the approval is there for all the members, then you can send in one envelope. Make sure you mention each name and other relevant details in the cover letter.

Do they entertain oci docs collection directly by appearing in person at the embassy?
Or do you require to show emergency evidence to get that facility ?

Congrats. Now you are tension free and can enjoy your trip.

Thanks emno. Good luck with your OCI processing :)

I applied the OCI on 15th Dec and we have to make a trip on 1st March. If we don't get the OCI by then, can we get the surrender certificate and Indian passport so that we can apply for Indian visa?

Yes, you can do that. I visited embassy last week and picked up my SC from their office and applied for entry visa on a same day. Today morning I received my entry visa in mail thru FedEx overnight shipment.
NOTE: Travisa will take your Indian passport along with your US passport when you apply for entry visa and will ship back to you with your entry visa.

granted.

15-Dec-2010 - OCI Applied
21-Dec-2010 - Acknowledged
03-JAN-2011 - Scanned
06-JAN-2011 - Granted
06-JAN-2011 - Printed
XX-XXX-XXX - Dispatched.
XX-XXX-XXX - Received.

No update since dispatch..

Hi guys,

I have no update since the last one that said the docs have been dispatched.. Should I be contacting the embassy or just send my PP for stamping or just stay for the status to change? My status says - Docs received at Washington - Not Yet

Hi guys,

I have no update since the last one that said the docs have been dispatched.. Should I be contacting the embassy or just send my PP for stamping or just stay for the status to change? My status says - Docs received at Washington - Not Yet

that's usual..... i have seen few applicants who had to wait for 10 to 15 days to see their status docs received at embassy. i would not recommend to send PP until it's received at embassy. mine was dispatched around same time and having same status as yours, but m not worried at this point.

Hi guys,

I have no update since the last one that said the docs have been dispatched.. Should I be contacting the embassy or just send my PP for stamping or just stay for the status to change? My status says - Docs received at Washington - Not Yet[
10/13/10 - USC
10/23/10 - Rcvd US PP
11/02/10 - Appn (renuniciation and OCI) delivered @ Embassy in DC
12/10/10 - OCI appln ack at Embassy in DC
12/18/10 - Photos/Sign Scanned
12/28/10 - docs prnted
12/29/10 - docs dispatched
Not Yet - docs rcvd at DC
/QUOTE]

hope you get the update soon.