OCI - Washington DC Tracker

Same here: Documents Received at WASHINGTON On 08-SEP-2010

<grin>

I'll be mailing them my US Passport tomorrow. I would have preferred to go in but after linux's experience, I think I'll just mail it.

The progress should be quick ONCE they start moving again. Your status should go to granted, printed and dispatched within a week to 10 days after they start working on OCIs again. I hope you don't get stuck in another slowdown after that as your travel is coming up.

Granted as of 5 pm today!!! Thanks Lobogris for the update. Yeah, I am praying that the remainder of the process goes swiftly.

Linux, Lobo, Pau,
All three had docs despatched from Delhi around the same date, correct?

Mine was despatched on Aug-27-2010..... At this rate, maybe another week before it gets promoted to "Received at DC"...

GS12,
Yours should move forward soon, I believe...

Good luck to all...

My Timeline Update:
Applied for SC in person: July 26th
Picked up SC in person: July 29th
Despatched OCI packet: July 31st
Packet received in D.C (signed by P Anchula): August 2nd
Acknowledged on OCI status website: August 10th 2010. (regn status: under process)
Photo/Signature: Scanned (Aug 11)
Registration Status: Granted: 17 Aug
Documents Printing Status: Printed 17 Aug
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on: 19-AUG-2010
Documents Received at WASHINGTON On 08-SEP-2010
Despatched passports 08-SEP

Yes, gc4us. The 3 of us had documents dispatched on the same date. Who knows, yours might be processed in this batch as well. Here is my timeline:

My Timeline Update:
Despatched OCI packet: Aug 1st
Packet received in D.C August 2nd
Acknowledged on OCI status website: August 9th 2010. (regn status: under process)
Photo/Signature: Scanned (Aug 10)
Registration Status: Granted: 16 Aug
Despatched passport for OCI collection (FedEx) 08-SEP
It's a pity they don't allow personal delivery as I work a couple of blocks away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Linux and Lobo,
Thanks for the detailed timeline information. That is helpful.

GS,
That is good news from your side with the printing status.....
No need to worry about the "Avatar Graphics Image Processor" rejecting photos:):):)

Good luck to all of us...
Granted Aug-10-2010
Scanned Aug-24-2010
Printed Aug-26-2010
Despatched Aug-27-2010
Reached DC XXX-DD-YYYY

My passport was received at the embassy yesterday (Sept 9th). I am hoping to get my documents by early next week. Any updates from anyone else?

Timeline Update:
Acknowledged on OCI status website: August 9th 2010. (regn status: under process)
Passport received at embassy 09 SEP

Lobogris

Why did you dispatch your passport by FEDEX? They specifically mention UPS Mail only right? I hope this does not delay anything for you. Good Luck.

My passport was received at the embassy yesterday (Sept 9th). I am hoping to get my documents by early next week. Any updates from anyone else?

Timeline Update:
Passport received at embassy 09 SEP

Lobogris

Why did you dispatch your passport by FEDEX? They specifically mention UPS Mail only right? I hope this does not delay anything for you. Good Luck.

I don't think it matters which mail service is used. I remember seeing a mention of FedEX on several pages of DC Embassy's website. I sent the OCI application by FedEx too and it was acknowledged within 5 days. Here is a quote from DC Embassy's page:

The documents received by various categories of mail like FedEx, Airborne, Certified mail, Registered mail, Express mail , Regular mail etc are treated at par. Applicants must send documents by using a mailing service with acknowledgment/confirmation of delivery facilities.

Lobogris

Vigneswar,
I too was under the same impression..... UPS was the sole carrier that they used to have all over the place....... Looks like "something" :):) happened with UPS and they seem to have lost their love with them....
Now it appears to be FEDEX all over the place.....

BTW,
Those of you sending your US PPs... are you mailing another $20.00 for return fee (Hope not :) ) or is this already covered under our original payment(s)...?

Good luck...

Vigneswar,
I too was under the same impression..... UPS was the sole carrier that they used to have all over the place....... Looks like "something" :):) happened with UPS and they seem to have lost their love with them....
Now it appears to be FEDEX all over the place.....

BTW,
Those of you sending your US PPs... are you mailing another $20.00 for return fee (Hope not :) ) or is this already covered under our original payment(s)...?

Good luck...

I mailed an official check for $20. It is clearly stated in the instructions unless one paid it earlier.

My Timeline Update:
Despatched OCI packet: July 31st
Packet received in D.C (signed by P Anchula): August 2nd
Acknowledged on OCI status website: August 10th 2010. (regn status: under process)
Photo/Signature: Scanned (Aug 11)
Registration Status: Granted: 17 Aug
Despatched passports 08-SEP
PPs received at Embassy on Sep 09 (signed by S Anu)
And now, the nervous wait starts ....and checking of UPS tracking with Zip code and "oci" reference!

I attached a 20$ M.O - for both the passports as they send them together.

My timeline update:

7/21/2010 - Mailed SC and OCI applications
7/22/2010 - Received by DC Consulate
8/09/2010 - Acknowledged by DC Consulate
8/10/2010 - Photo/Signature Scanned
8/10/2010 - Registration Status: Under Process
8/16/2010 - Registration Status: Granted
8/17/2010 - Documents Printed
8/19/2010 - Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office
9/08/2010 - Documents Received at Washington
9/08/2010 - Mailed US PP (and cover letter referencing the file number) via UPS
9/09/2010 - PP received at Embassy (Signed by Pravin)

Good luck to everyone.

Is there an online mechanism to check if your PP has been processed by the Embassy and mailed to you? Linux - I see you have some reference to 'checking of UPS tracking with Zip code and "oci" reference'

Do we have to include an extra set of photographs along with the OCI application? I am just curios to know as my application was received on 30th Aug and till date it is not acknowledged.