OCI - Washington DC Tracker

Photo/Signature

Question fellas; How does one know when the Photo/Signature has been scanned? Thanks

You may need to check online status after two weeks from the date of Acknowledgement. Online status tells about your photo/signature scanned similar to:
Photo/Signature Scanned On XX-XXX-XXXX
Good Luck :)

my oci updates

OCI Mailed 07/24/2008
Acknowledged 08/07/2008
Photo/Signature Scanned On : 08/20/2008

Finally got my OCI card :

Application Status:

Applied on line 06/10/2008
Mailed application to Washington DC 06/23/2008
File Acknowledged : 07/03/2008
Photo/Signature Scanned On 07/28/2008
Registration Status Granted On 08/02/2008
Documents Printed On 08/05/2008
Documents Despatched From Delhi On 08/06/2008
Documents Received at WASHINGTON 08/18/08
Passport sent to Embassy On 08/18/08
Passports & OCI Recd. from Embassy on 08/23/08

It took exactly 2 months from day of mailing to finally receiving the OCI card

Updates:

Mailed to Washington DC - 06/19/08
Date Of ACK - 07/25/08
Photo/Signature Scanned - 08/07/08
Registration Status Granted On 08/25/08
Documents Printed: 08/26/08
Documents Despatched From Delhi On:
Documents Received at WASHINGTON:
Passport (US/Indian) mailed to DC:
Passports (US/Cancellled Indian/OCI Booklet) from Embassy on:

After a long wait my application moved to next step:

Mailed to Washington DC - 07/22/08
Delivered at Washington DC - 07/23/08
Date Of ACK - 08/13/08
Photo/Signature Scanned : 02-SEP-2008
Documents Printed:
Passports (US/Cancellled Indian/OCI Booklet) received home:

After a long wait my application moved to next step:

Mailed to Washington DC - 07/22/08
Delivered at Washington DC - 07/23/08
Date Of ACK - 08/13/08
Photo/Signature Scanned : 02-SEP-2008
Documents Printed:

Hmmm... 3 weeks from Ack to Scan! Things seem to have slowed down again. I hope the rest of the milestones come quickly.

AKgarg ji mine things always take longer but I know things will happen in the end that's all matters.

Your note made me laugh, did someone really think you are lawyer? I know you are just a member not like us just with special power :) and that's why some volunteer work...

Hmmm... 3 weeks from Ack to Scan! Things seem to have slowed down again. I hope the rest of the milestones come quickly.

AKgarg ji mine things always take longer but I know things will happen in the end that's all matters.

Your note made me laugh, did someone really think you are lawyer? I know you are just a member not like us just with special power :) and that's why some volunteer work...

Manju, I am glad you got a laugh out of this, but that tag line 'automagically' appears in all my postings since I volunteered to be a moderator on this forum - so I cannot take any credit (or blame) for it! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Some progress today

OCI Mailed 07/24/2008
Acknowledged 08/07/2008
Registration Status Granted On 03-SEP-2008

Today is 09/02/2008 and its early 09/03 morning in india so dont know how registration was granted on 03-sep-2008 ???
Have they outsourced this to some far east countries -Japan/australia

This is the 1st time I saw this note, it wasn't there in your last posting, may be I am wrong but that's what I remember.

Manju, I am glad you got a laugh out of this, but that tag line 'automagically' appears in all my postings since I volunteered to be a moderator on this forum - so I cannot take any credit (or blame) for it! ;)

Update on OCI

Mailed to Washington DC :17-JUL-2008
Date Of Acknowledgment :01-AUG-2008
Photo/Signature Scanned :12-AUG-2008
Registration Status :Granted on 30-AUG-2008
Documents Printed On :02-SEP-2008
Documents Despatched From Delhi On :
Documents Received at WASHINGTON :
Passport (US/Indian) mailed to DC :

OCI Mailed 07/24/2008
Acknowledged 08/07/2008
Registration Status Granted On 03-SEP-2008
Documents Despatched From Delhi 05-SEP-2008
Documents Received at WASHINGTON ??

OCI time frame

I really do not understand why they take this much time to ack. Also this is a simple process they can handle the request fast. Always Government people wants to sit on the application. Thank God there is no bribes here to get OCI

It's not that bad, you will get it in this year.

My application was acknowledged late when I called them they did tell that it takes longer sometimes as they may have some query with govt or something like that so my guess is that the 1st step takes time for making sure that all documents are there & all other queries after that it's mechanical process which takes time just to get it done.

I just send my application on Sep 3rd, 2008. I hope i will get it before end of this year.

Once OCI docs are recieved at washington DC, are we supposed to send another self addressed envelope inspite of already sending one while applying the original OCI application ?

Once OCI docs are recieved at washington DC, are we supposed to send another self addressed envelope inspite of already sending one while applying the original OCI application ?

No, if you sent the envelope with the application, there is no need so send another one. I am assuming you also sent the $20 return mailing charges.

Last edited by a moderator: