OCI - Washington DC Tracker

Hi Sam,

I have not done anything, I just thought I will give it more week for these babus to make up their minds.
I dont want to deal with waiting for 2/3 weeks and the package coming back for the 2nd time.

Will post as soon as I re-send the documents.

Sam,

I re-send my package today with Notarized copies of Nat. Cert. plus 175 per pp. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Will post further details as it progreses.

Great, I hope they can maintain your Priority according to your "Online Registration No" to make sure you won't loose the time ...

Update: I've received my package back with the same thing, they need Notarize copy of Nat. Cert. plus $175. They did not object to any other document and I can see they have verified all of them (Self Attested copies of US passport for instance and the Renunciation Form).

Question for you GC2USC - Did you print the new Renun.form from the website and sent it along with the Nat.Cert. and money, or just Nat.cert money and rest same package? Please let me know as I am planning to send all of it tomorrow.

Did you get both the copies notarized or just one copy notarized and second is a copy of notarized copy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sam, I'm happy for you. I'm sure you were happy to see the package - some news is better than nothing right?

So, what do you suggest I do - go straight for OCI? In spite of the rule change chaos, looks like the DC folks responded in 3~4 weeks (for GC2USA & you).
Obviously, I'll be sending the $175 & the notarized naturalization certificate. Go for OCI straight?
chola

chola, if you are not in hurry, go OCI straight... either case you will be paying $175 right, so why waste money on getting a VISA that will voided once you get OCI?

Get all the stuff in order and hope for best ...

and yes, I was real happy to see package back not because it came back, but because now I can send it back to them with their requirements fulfilled and hopefully they will process it this time.

Not happy due to incompetency of the Embassy people, for not just sending an email communication rather than spending money in sending the entire package back... god knows who in the world decided to send the package back and spend money on it ... they could save this money by just sending an email and people would still send the $175 in mail to them ... no other way right...

Great, I hope they can maintain your Priority according to your "Online Registration No" to make sure you won't loose the time ...

Update: I've received my package back with the same thing, they need Notarize copy of Nat. Cert. plus $175. They did not object to any other document and I can see they have verified all of them (Self Attested copies of US passport for instance and the Renunciation Form).

Question for you GC2USC - Did you print the new Renun.form from the website and sent it along with the Nat.Cert. and money, or just Nat.cert money and rest same package? Please let me know as I am planning to send all of it tomorrow.

Did you get both the copies notarized or just one copy notarized and second is a copy of notarized copy?

Sam,

No, I did not print the Renum. form - I just send the 175.00 plus notarized copies of Nat. Cert.
I got both copies Notarized.

comparing notes....
1) Send renunciation form or not? I'm thinking not necessary. They just care for the $$.
2) Only notarized item is Nat. cert
3) All other docs - self attested

chola

Chola...
1) I am not taking it out from my package (I sent it earlier the old version), attaching $175 MO
2) Earlier I took a chance by not sending Notarized Copy of US PPT, instead sent Self Attested copies, no objections on them... though, this time I am not taking that chance either. I have got the copies of my US PPT notarized (2 sets) and attaching the same along with the Notarized copy of Nat.Cert. (2)
3) All other docs - self attested
4) A cover letter, along with all other information, requesting them to Prioritize my application based on my application date/first receipt. Also requesting them to send an email if they need anything else, rather than sending the entire bunch back. I think we all should inform that via the letter - in a nicer way that its not cost effective to send the docs back.

Thanks for info GC2USC, I am doing the same.

I sent all the docs back along with whatever the heck they wanted ($175, Nat.Cert.) ... all gone back to them as of now... lets track this thing out ...

Chola, my docs are only for myself not for anybody else.

GC2USC, did you include a Part B sheet in each of your family members application? or
send just 1 sheet of Part B for all the applicants.

GC2USC, did you include a Part B sheet in each of your family members application? or
send just 1 sheet of Part B for all the applicants.

Chola,

I sent Part B with each applicant.

Me, Spouse and two kids - 4 applications (each had its own Part A and Part B).

thanks guys.
any preferred mailing method? I was thinking USPS Express mail - and request signature at delivery?

Chola, GC2USC ... whats the status of your docs, mine are still pending delivery, thought it will be done today sometime.

Update: The package is delivered.

Chola, GC2USC ... whats the status of your docs, mine are still pending delivery, thought it will be done today sometime.

Update: The package is delivered.

Adventure is still on. As per USPS they attempted delivery on Saturday.
Will be making another attempt to deliver.

Will update as soon as it gets delivered.