OCI services has been changed from Travisa Outsourcing to indian based BLS International company

You might get your OCI card at any time next week beginning considering my timeline (6-7 working days after they receive your passport). Do not rely on the online status because even after I received my OCI card still my application status says 'Processing at the consulate general'.

Hi Madgu

I paid for the return shipping. May I know in what shipment method did you receive your documents back ?

Thank you so much for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, I see a "No record found" when I try on the Govt of India, OCI status page http://passport.gov.in/oci/statusEnqury

I was assuming I would at-least see my online submission status there after filling it online a week ago. Is this usual behavior ? If yes, when should I expect some status here? Only after BLS makes the random decision to open my package and process my application?

This process is expanding my mental limit of keeping it cool... at least something good coming out of it !

The OCI will certainly take more time than it took you to get your N-400 :). I used this website to track and I am seeing the updates. http://visa.blsindia-usa.com/track.php

Just spoke to the quite helpful and empathizing Vice-Consul at SF CGI - he mentioned the self-attestation is actually not required.

He said the consulate and the Embassy at DC is aware of the broken down affairs at BLS and sincerely urged to send an email with the details so that they have ammunition to terminate the contract with BLS in a year (the earliest they can per their contract). He sounded eager while communicating this to me.

I would urge all to do the same (check the link/email in the middle of the page at http://www.cgisf.org/alerts/all ). It is the reputation of India and the consulate at stake, not to mention our applications!

Good News - I was able to get a status update from the Govt of India site. Apparently the application was acknowledged on 8/7 and printing of documents is "Under Process". Subsequently status has now appeared on the BLS site when I search there.

@non_linear - here is what I did. I clicked on the "Forgot Registration-Number" link and used my passport number of DOB to get two USAS* numbers (a Web-File Application number and a File Acknolwedgement number). Using the File Acknowledgement number (which was different than the number that is on the OCI application) I was able to find something on both the Govt of India site and then subsequently the BLS International site as well.

Give it a try and good luck!
VXG

So it seems for you, that the status first appeared on the GoI website and then BLS. For me it shows up on BLS as "under process" but turns up nothing using all possible combinations on the GoI website.

How many days did it take from the time it reached BLS to getting status on the GoI website?

So it seems for you, that the status first appeared on the GoI website and then BLS. For me it shows up on BLS as "under process" but turns up nothing using all possible combinations on the GoI website.

How many days did it take from the time it reached BLS to getting status on the GoI website?

It took me 2 days after BLS to show up on GOI website.

Thanks for the info.

In the government website got updated as delivered the OCI card in SFO on aug 14th. I sent my passports on aug 8th. Not yet received my card.

Was it the same scenario for you?

My OCI card was received at SFO on July 12, 2013 and got an OCI alert email from BLS after 12 days asking me to send my passport. I do not understand how BLS deals with applications.

@Non_Linear, here are the timeline I can piece together:

1) Package arrived at BLS: 7/30/2013
2) Sent documents to Consulate (as per BLS website): 8/2/2013
3) Acknowledgement Date (as per GoI website): 8/7/2013
4) First discovered status on GoI website: 8/8/2013 (nothing on BLS site at this time)
5) First discovered status on BLS website: 8/9/2013 (might have shown up late in the day on 8/8; not sure.

thanks,
VXG

My OCI card was received at SFO on July 12, 2013 and got an OCI alert email from BLS after 12 days asking me to send my passport. I do not understand how BLS deals with applications.

Thank you Madgu.

I am too confused with this process. I got an alert email from BLS on aug1 that my card has been received from Delhi. I sent the same to be delivered on aug 8th. The GOI website says the card was delivered on aug 14th at SFO.

I am worried where is my original passports are.

I am tired of this BLS handling of these applications.

Thanks VXG. That helps... I hope to see a GoI update soon then, can't be today since its Independence Day.

I have chosen to deliver my USPP and pick it up with the OCI/Renun./IndPP personally, since my hope is that it will help processing to be faster and reduce chances of misplacement. The only caveat here is that their appointments are farther out when we try to schedule them, so I'll play the emergency card, since my confirmed travel plans are for early October.

@Non_Linear, here are the timeline I can piece together:

1) Package arrived at BLS: 7/30/2013
2) Sent documents to Consulate (as per BLS website): 8/2/2013
3) Acknowledgement Date (as per GoI website): 8/7/2013
4) First discovered status on GoI website: 8/8/2013 (nothing on BLS site at this time)
5) First discovered status on BLS website: 8/9/2013 (might have shown up late in the day on 8/8; not sure.

thanks,
VXG

Hi,

Today I visited BLS in SFO to submit my application...

He took the following...
1. OCI part A & B with photo
2. copy - Only main page of US passport (not the endorsements, etc)
3. copy - Only main and last info page of Indian passport
4. Naturalization copy
5. Drivers license copy
6. Fee - 282.70

7. Renunciation - 2 copies
8. Original passport
9. Fee - 179.70 (I had only 175 cashiers check, so paid 4.70 in cash)

My appointment was treated just like a walk-in with a number. So, seems the appointment is not of much use.

Now, to the ambiance....
- One line: This spoils the outlook of India in the minds of foreigners. They NEED to understand, they are representing India.
- Not at all clean.
- Only 4 "Incredible India" posters on the wall, and rest looks really old
- Person who greets has serious attitude as I had observed with others
- I will cut a slack on the numbering for now, presuming they implement it soon
They give a small piece of paper with a number hand written on it. When the turn comes, some one shouts
- Only one rest room for both genders, and it is like in a really old place.

rspr,

Please email cepo@cgisf.org your feedback about BLS. The Vice-Consul at CGI SFO has given this email after I talked to him. He specifically mentioned that this would help provide ammunition for the termination of their contract with BLS earlier (1 year instead of the current 3 years).

I would also urge all others who have dealt with BLS to do the same.

Thank you Madgu.

I am too confused with this process. I got an alert email from BLS on aug1 that my card has been received from Delhi. I sent the same to be delivered on aug 8th. The GOI website says the card was delivered on aug 14th at SFO.

I am worried where is my original passports are.

I am tired of this BLS handling of these applications.

Received my OCI card , visa stamped passport, old passport with renunciation certificate today through FedEx standard overnight delivery.

Thank you all for your help in your feedback n input.

Hi All,

I am trying to apply for OCI for entire family (2 adults and 2 minors). I try to contact BLS service to find out document requirements and all using phone and email inquiry. Answer i got through email is different than answer i got over the phone. I am currently so confused about followings:

1) Do i need to submit two sets of forums as well as all requirements documents? (which means for two minor child i have to attache two copy of our (parents) current US passport and indian passports, their birth certificates...etc.. meaning totall of four copies of each documents between two child. Top of them for our self we also have to attache indian and us passport copies twice).
Having two sets of each required documents for each member creates very thick set of documents. not sure why would they want that many copies :)

Also each of the set do we need to selfattest each document?

2) The site says i can combine the fees but on phone representative says to send fees separately for each members of family

3) Prepaid self addressed envelop - Do i need to attache separate prepaid envelope for each family member.

I am very very confuse what to do and also how long will it take to finish entire process. I am going india second week of December so wonder if i submit this monday if all will be done on time?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Passport submited for OCI matchup

Received my OCI card , visa stamped passport, old passport with renunciation certificate today through FedEx standard overnight delivery.

Thank you all for your help in your feedback n input.

Congratulations!!! Big hurdle dealing with BLS is over.

Hi usacitizentobe & madgu-gc2005:
I have also sent my US passport for OCI matchup to Washington DC BLS office. My passport arrived there on Aug 12th. BLS Status page still shows as "OCI Card Arrived - Pending Application". Status still not updated since then. GOI OCI status site shows status as "Document received At WASHINGTON On 08-AUG-2013". This status also hasn't change after submitting my passport for OCI matchup. I confirmed with BLS that my passport has arrived in their office on Aug 12th.

OCI status in the BLS and GOI website is showing as below for me. Can you tell me what are all the other subsequent possible statuses that you would see after these statuses:
1. "OCI Card Arrived - Pending Application" in the BLS website.
2. "Document received At WASHINGTON On 08-AUG-2013" in the GOI OCI Status website.

Your response would greatly help. I am planning to visit India in 2 weeks for my brother's marriage.

GOI Status OCI Timeline:
==========================
Date Of Acknowledgment 25-JUN-2013
Registration Status at Mission WASHINGTON
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 01-AUG-2013
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI) NEW DELHI On 02-AUG-2013
Document received At WASHINGTON On 08-AUG-2013

Hi usacitizentobe & madgu-gc2005:
I have also sent my US passport for OCI matchup to Washington DC BLS office. My passport arrived there on Aug 12th. BLS Status page still shows as "OCI Card Arrived - Pending Application". Status still not updated since then. GOI OCI status site shows status as "Document received At WASHINGTON On 08-AUG-2013". This status also hasn't change after submitting my passport for OCI matchup. I confirmed with BLS that my passport has arrived in their office on Aug 12th.

OCI status in the BLS and GOI website is showing as below for me. Can you tell me what are all the other subsequent possible statuses that you would see after these statuses:
1. "OCI Card Arrived - Pending Application" in the BLS website.
2. "Document received At WASHINGTON On 08-AUG-2013" in the GOI OCI Status website.

Your response would greatly help. I am planning to visit India in 2 weeks for my brother's marriage.

GOI Status OCI Timeline:
==========================
Date Of Acknowledgment 25-JUN-2013
Registration Status at Mission WASHINGTON
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 01-AUG-2013
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI) NEW DELHI On 02-AUG-2013
Document received At WASHINGTON On 08-AUG-2013

I would suggest you to wait 6-10 working days for your documents to arrive. Usually the timeline is 13 working days for the matchup process.

The status wasn't accurate in my case.