OCI services has been changed from Travisa Outsourcing to indian based BLS International company

Is there a way out for me to go personally to get the documents back from BLS SFO office instead of them mailing back to me.?

I need to go on an emergency travel next week at most.

Is there a way out for me to go personally to get the documents back from BLS SFO office instead of them mailing back to me.?

I need to go on an emergency travel next week at most.

Yes, you can do that as per my conversation with a BLS person on phone, although the caveat is that one cannot take an appointment in such cases since they are booked for several weeks. I would just show up, once you know the consulate has sent it back to BLS and take any proof of immediate travel to show it to them.

I am planning to do the same as I chose not to send a return envelopes.

Yes, you can do that as per my conversation with a BLS person on phone, although the caveat is that one cannot take an appointment in such cases since they are booked for several weeks. I would just show up, once you know the consulate has sent it back to BLS and take any proof of immediate travel to show it to them.

I am planning to do the same as I chose not to send a return envelopes.

Thanks for the input. Appreciate your feedback.

Can one apply for an Entry/X Visa while OCI application is pending?

So I was thinking...while our OCI applications are sitting in the BLS Black Hole, has anyone had better luck applying for an Entry Visa (X) or Visitor Visa? The processing time for that is shorter but I wonder if there will be any issues?

Money isn't really an issue - I was thinking about the poster whose mother is terminally ill and on the off-chance that I never hear from BLS again about the OCI.

thanks
VXG

BTW, I see a "No record found" when I try on the Govt of India, OCI status page http://passport.gov.in/oci/statusEnqury

I was assuming I would at-least see my online submission status there after filling it online a week ago. Is this usual behavior ? If yes, when should I expect some status here? Only after BLS makes the random decision to open my package and process my application?

This process is expanding my mental limit of keeping it cool... at least something good coming out of it !

So I was thinking...while our OCI applications are sitting in the BLS Black Hole, has anyone had better luck applying for an Entry Visa (X) or Visitor Visa? The processing time for that is shorter but I wonder if there will be any issues?

Money isn't really an issue - I was thinking about the poster whose mother is terminally ill and on the off-chance that I never hear from BLS again about the OCI.

thanks
VXG

Its a great idea of having an entry visa. I vote for that, if money isnt an issue. I should have done taking the entry visa or the visitor visa before applying the OCI. My mom is ill and I am stuck up in this process. I applied on june 13th through travisa. I was not aware of this BLS issue at that time. Travisa had a great software of tracking application at that point of time.

BTW, I see a "No record found" when I try on the Govt of India, OCI status page http://passport.gov.in/oci/statusEnqury

I was assuming I would at-least see my online submission status there after filling it online a week ago. Is this usual behavior ? If yes, when should I expect some status here? Only after BLS makes the random decision to open my package and process my application?

This process is expanding my mental limit of keeping it cool... at least something good coming out of it !

I was able to see my status in this govt website after 5 days. I applied through travisa at that time. Not sure whats the process with BLS now.

Good News - I was able to get a status update from the Govt of India site. Apparently the application was acknowledged on 8/7 and printing of documents is "Under Process". Subsequently status has now appeared on the BLS site when I search there.

@non_linear - here is what I did. I clicked on the "Forgot Registration-Number" link and used my passport number of DOB to get two USAS* numbers (a Web-File Application number and a File Acknolwedgement number). Using the File Acknowledgement number (which was different than the number that is on the OCI application) I was able to find something on both the Govt of India site and then subsequently the BLS International site as well.

Give it a try and good luck!
VXG

Thanks VXG. Actually I had tried the "Forgot..." link earlier too, but that also does not show up anything. Not sure if it is dependent upon BLS actually opening my package and validating my stuff, for it to actually show up on the GoI/MEA website. Anyways, I'll wait for another 3-4 business days.

Good thing for you is atleast the question is not about whether but when!

thanks
VXG

If the OCI is Pending one CAN apply for Visa and can get Visa

Can Madgu or some one help me finalize the application list. This may be useful for others as well.

OCI:
- Application - part A & B
- 2x2 inch passport photo
- Copy of US passport (certain pages)
- Copy of Naturalization
- Copy of Indian passport (certain pages)
- Copy of Drivers license - Proof of Address
- Fees: Cashiers check to "BLS International USA" - $282.70
- Prepaid return shipping - computer printed

RENUNCIATION:
- Two copies of Renunciation form
- Original Indian passport
- Copy of Naturalization
- Copy of India passport (not sure why they need it when original is given)
- Copy of US passport
- Driver's license
- Prepaid envelope - computer printed
- Fees: 175 + 3 + 4.70 = $182.70

QUESTIONS:
- Do we need to include two separate fees for $282.70 & $182.70 to "BLS International USA"?
- Can we take the appointment directly with SFO office and submit it in person?

Applying for N-400 was way tooo easy, compared to this OCI application.

Can Madgu or some one help me finalize the application list. This may be useful for others as well.

OCI:
- Application - part A & B
- 2x2 inch passport photo
- Copy of US passport (certain pages)
- Copy of Naturalization
- Copy of Indian passport (certain pages)
- Copy of Drivers license - Proof of Address
- Fees: Cashiers check to "BLS International USA" - $282.70
- Prepaid return shipping - computer printed

RENUNCIATION:
- Two copies of Renunciation form
- Original Indian passport
- Copy of Naturalization
- Copy of India passport (not sure why they need it when original is given)
- Copy of US passport
- Driver's license
- Prepaid envelope - computer printed
- Fees: 175 + 3 + 4.70 = $182.70

QUESTIONS:
- Do we need to include two separate fees for $282.70 & $182.70 to "BLS International USA"?
- Can we take the appointment directly with SFO office and submit it in person?

Applying for N-400 was way tooo easy, compared to this OCI application.

Your application kit looks fine. You self attest all the copies of documents that you are sending. Also include one copy of your Indian passport with Renunciation kit.

You better send two separate fees. If you are living close by SFO office you can make a trip.

Good luck

If the consulate needs self-attestation, then I need to make a trip to the BLS office... ! Did anyone send without self-attestation and got it processed ?

I have been checking the Travisa website since at least May. Self-attestation was not mentioned for an OCI then and is not mentioned even now on the Travisa website... and the BLS website now as well. Hopefully I did not miss it !

Last edited by a moderator:
If the consulate needs self-attestation, then I need to make a trip to the BLS office... ! Did anyone send without self-attestation and got it processed ?

I have been checking the Travisa website since at least May. Self-attestation was not mentioned for an OCI then and is not mentioned even now on the Travisa website... and the BLS website now as well. Hopefully I did not miss it !

Well. Once you are done with OCI online registration form you would have got the instructions for filling application form. See #11 'the documents enclosed with the application should be self attested.'

If your BLS office is close by for you then make a trip. I have not noticed any forum members mentioning the self attestation.

I just submitted by OCI for me, my wife and two kids and Renunciation for me and my wife. I had not self attested any of the copies and neither was I asked to do the same by the Processing Officer. The status online shows "Under Process". Hope this helps.