OCI - San Francisco Tracker

I have bad news. My application came back. I had not submitted original Indian PP. Thought SC should be enough. But they could have sent me a letter asking for the same instead of returning the complete package ? Anyways now I have to wait to apply at Travisa. I hope those guys are better than these CGI SLACKERS !!!

I hope that the trivisa guys are better than CGI. Yesterday I was in CGI NYC, and I saw the trivisa guys with hundreds of passports with them, and the way they are handling those. Good luck with you process.

I have applied on Jan 10, received by CGI-SFO on Jan 11. But there is no updates on the online status. Looks like they are are processing around Jan 1st Week?

Did you see any update? Has it been ack'd? I mailed mine on Jan 26 and waiting for it to be ack'd. Thanks

I have sent my OCI application along with US passport to SF embassy on Jan 24th. Still haven't received any acknowledgement. How much time do they usually take? The online status tracker says, either my passport number is wrong or mission hasn't acknowledged my application.

- CS.

eventually,
Yes, I sent both Surrender Certificate application and OCI together.
Online registration number is the one that you got when you submitted your application online. For status check you can use online number and passort number without any leading or trailing spaces. File ack number is auto populated after your file is acknowledged. Once the file is acknowledged, for status check you can use either FileAck/Passport number OR onlineRegNumber/Passport number. Hope it is clear.
Today I checked the status and it says printed on 02/26, waiting for dispatched date.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your messages Dublinguy & Madh4. Finally, after more than month I finally see the Ack# for my case. My 2nd application reached CGISF on 01/06.

I received my OCI cards which are more like booklets than cards and stamped passports on March 1st. Thanks to this forum and this thread where we can get better updates on where things are. Good luck to all who are waiting.

Applied for minor daughter's OCI today at the Travisa Outsourcing website after they opened up for the SFO consulate today.
Had a few questions?

1) Do I have to get money orders for the fees or will Cashier's checks do?
2) In the checklist No. 11 it says that In case of applying for Minor, we need to send copies of earlier Indian passports. Do they need every single Indian passport copy that we had or just the latest one that was cancelled upon accquiring US citizenship. Also , do they need copies of all the pages of the passport or just the 1st 2 and last 2.

Thanks

Applied on 8th Feb - still no ack

Received by SF consulate on 8th feb (as per USPS records). The tracking website shows "Application with this number not yet Acknowledged or Wrong Passport Number". Emailed them, but no response. Anyone else in the same boat around that time?

Received by SF consulate on 8th feb (as per USPS records). The tracking website shows "Application with this number not yet Acknowledged or Wrong Passport Number". Emailed them, but no response. Anyone else in the same boat around that time?

Same here. My application was received by SF consulate on 10th Feb (USPS records) and the tracking web shows same thing "... not yet acknowledged or worng passport number"

From checking the trend for SFO OCI from immihelp site ( http://www.immihelp.com/tracker/india-trackers/oci-tracker.do ) seems like at SFO acknowledgement takes about 5 to 7 weeks after receiving the app. I am anticipating acknowledgement sometime next week.

My App was received by SFO on 10th Feb.
Today the satus changed to Acknowledged. Date of Ack - 16 March

Update on 17 March Pacific time - Photo/Signature scanned and Registration granted on 18 March (IST)

This forum was very helpful in allaying my concerns. Thanks. FYI:

Mailed family of 4 applications on 01-26-2011
Received at CGI-SF on 01-27-2011
Date of acknowledgement 03-08-2011
Photo/signature scanned 03-09-2011
Documents printed 03-09-2011
Documents dispatched to CGI-SF 03-17-2011

Documents received at CGI-SF 03-25-2011
Received by mail 03-26-2011

Interesting. I received my OCI at home on March 5, 2011. OCI Online Services says Document received at SAN FRANCISCO On March 17, 2011.

Surajanus,

i know your oci was granted on 2/23 and printed on 2/26. but when did you receive the OCI & surrender certificate. Also, did your return mail/fedex need someone to sign for it? (i guess that is the way we mailed our self addressed envelopes) I am planning to go on vacation for a week and hence want to make sure that my mail is not lost ..

eventually,
Yes, I sent both Surrender Certificate application and OCI together.
Online registration number is the one that you got when you submitted your application online. For status check you can use online number and passort number without any leading or trailing spaces. File ack number is auto populated after your file is acknowledged. Once the file is acknowledged, for status check you can use either FileAck/Passport number OR onlineRegNumber/Passport number. Hope it is clear.
Today I checked the status and it says printed on 02/26, waiting for dispatched date.

can someone please explain the following dates as seen on OCI status check:

Printed date: is this the printing done in New Delhi?

Dispatch date: is this the dispatch from New Delhi to SF consulate?

Is there any indication of the mailing from SF consulate to my home address?

wondering when to expect the arrival of my OCI and PP. Any clue is helpful, thanks