OCI - San Francisco Tracker

Just like Weather, OCI processing too frozen at CGI SF. After 13 days from dispatch from Delhi there is no movement on status and nothing received yet at home. I sent a second reminder this morning but no response till now. I have to travel to India in last week of Jan or First week of Feb. I can drive to CGISF (just 50 miles away) but not sure if security will let me meet any one at OCI cell? Any experience/suggestion for personal appearance?
Any luck for you "Indore" as we share dates at various stages of OCI?

Just like Weather, OCI processing too frozen at CGI SF. After 13 days from dispatch from Delhi there is no movement on status and nothing received yet at home. I sent a second reminder this morning but no response till now. I have to travel to India in last week of Jan or First week of Feb. I can drive to CGISF (just 50 miles away) but not sure if security will let me meet any one at OCI cell? Any experience/suggestion for personal appearance?

there were so many holidsy in dec. Hopefully the waether will change now. Wait for this week and then you may plan to visit.

I am also planning to go India around Jan last week and Feb first week. There is no change in status. Documents are still not received by SF.

I am also planning to go India around Jan last week and Feb first week. There is no change in status. Documents are still not received by SF.

@Indore: I got no response of two of my emails, can you shoot an inquiry email mentioning your US passport# and online registration#. Who knows your email will break the ice!!

Here are the CGISF details:
email: oci@cgisf.org
Telephone (415) 6680662 Extension 170 (from 0930 hrs to 1100 hrs and from 1600hrs to 1700 hrs)

Thanks emno, your are right I will plan to visit CGISF only after one week..

OCI Dispatched from SF..

Still no change on the online status but I notice some activity on one of my Express mail envelop. Shipped out on January 04, 2011, 4:30 pm, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94128.. Hoping to receive in a day or two (max).. Note sure if this is OCI card and passport or just Renunciation of Indian Citizenship/ Surrender Certificate.. Stay tuned for more info..

Mailed OCI App : Nov 17
Received at CGI SF : Nov 18
Date of Ack : Dec 10
Photo / Sig Scanned: Dec 10
Reg. Status Granted: Dec 11
Docs Printed On : Dec 14
Dispatched to concerned office on: Dec 20
Recd SF : Not Yet
Recd at home: Not Yet
Express mail tracking : Shipped from CGISF on Jan 4th at 4:30pm

Journey Completed..

Today I got my OCI card and U visa with US passport and this ends the journey of 9 years, which was started when labor was filed for green-card on Dec 2001. Thanks to immigration.com's online community for providing useful information and help..

OCI approval took one month from the date of application but transit time from Delhi via SF took good 15 days.. In place of Surrender Certificate they only stamped the Renunciation of Indian Citizenship application form and sent it back..

Mailed OCI App : Nov 17
Received at CGI SF : Nov 18
Date of Ack : Dec 10
Photo / Sig Scanned: Dec 10
Reg. Status Granted: Dec 11
Docs Printed On : Dec 14
Dispatched to concerned office on: Dec 20
Recd SF : Not Yet
Express mail tracking : Shipped from CGISF on Jan 4th at 4:30pm
Recd at home: Jan 5

Good wishes to all in waiting or new filers...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

I have filled OCI application on Dec 17. I have not been acknowledge.

I had plan to travel India around mid Feb. Is any one sailing in the same boat ?.

I have received OCI card and surrender certificate yesterday. It took almost 50 days.
Some points I would like to make, which might be helpful to other applicants

1. I applied OCI and surrender certificate together in same packet with different cashier checks.
2. Self attested all the photo copies.
3. My son does not have citizenship certificate, I attached photocopy of mine and my wife' citizenship certificate and mentioned this in cover letter.
4. Attached old Indian passport with US visa to show lawful entry in US.
5. I also submitted photocopy of CA driving license and water bill.

Thanks everybody for your help.

PIO to OCI for Minor

Can somebody please confirm if the fees for a Minor PIO card holder to get OCI is $145. I took a Cashier's check for $25. But when I read the instructions they say it is $145 ?

PIO to OCI for Minor

Can somebody please confirm if the fees for a Minor PIO card holder to get OCI is $145. I took a Cashier's check for $25. But when I read the instructions they say it is $145 ?

Yes, I paid $145 to upgrade PIO to OCI for my daughter. $25 is for adult.

Hi

I have filled OCI application on Dec 17. I have not been acknowledge.

I had plan to travel India around mid Feb. Is any one sailing in the same boat ?.

valpriya,
Looking at the current run rate OCI takes about 40-45 days at CGI SF. I am pretty sure that there was no activities on any OCI applications during holidays (Dec 22 and Jan 3).. So I suggest to start your counter from Jan 4th onward for 45 days. Booking ticket for mid Feb is right at the fence. I would not book any ticket before Feb end.. Wish your good luck for you OCI Journey..

Last edited by a moderator:
Today Indian PM announced the merger of PIO and OCI.. Hope this means PIO card holders will be asked to initiate OCI processing and will be given OCI cards.
Curious to know the details behind this. Hope there will not be a twist in the tale and we (OCI card holders) are asked to undergo another set of processing to get something new unified card..

Hi

Hi Lingeron,

Thank you for your Reply. Your input is very useful. Hopefully I will be getting my OCI around FEB end.

valpriya,
Looking at the current run rate OCI takes about 40-45 days at CGI SF. I am pretty sure that there was no activities on any OCI applications during holidays (Dec 22 and Jan 3).. So I suggest to start your counter from Jan 4th onward for 45 days. Booking ticket for mid Feb is right at the fence. I would not book any ticket before Feb end.. Wish your good luck for you OCI Journey..

Hi Lingeron,

Thank you for your Reply. Your input is very useful. Hopefully I will be getting my OCI around FEB end.

I am an optimist. I feel you will get acknowledged by 01/17 and by 02/07 you will have docs on hand. Don't be surprised if it is done earlier. Wanna bet????

Today my OCI online status changed, below are the details:

Mailed OCI App : Dec 14
Received at CGI SF : Dec 15
Date of Ack : Jan 12
Photo / Sig Scanned: Jan 12
Reg. Status Granted: Jan 12

Date Of Ack

Can somebody please explain this Date ? I mailed my OCI App on Jan 10 and they received it on Jan 11. When and How do I know the Date of Ack ?