OCI - San Francisco Tracker

You just need to enclose first 2 and last 2 pages of Ind PP and 1st and last page of US PP not the entire 34 pages. Also for proof of parents passport - most recent pp copy should be sufficient.

Thank you sg930.

The SF consulate replied to my message with the simple: "We need two copies of everything for the entire family application."
The issue is not birthcertificates - I can enclose 10 copies of them.. but the 34 pages of the Indian passport.. 8 copies of the Last Indian Passport and 8 copies of the Current US passport will require a brown moving box! :)

I don't have to travel within 2 months at least; let us see what they say. I have my application clearly marked; I will also enclose a copy of their e-mail.

What I will do is to make sure I have sufficient copies of the Driver's License, the Birth Certificates, etc (the single page documents).

Thank you sg930.

The SF consulate replied to my message with the simple: "We need two copies of everything for the entire family application."
The issue is not birthcertificates - I can enclose 10 copies of them.. but the 34 pages of the Indian passport.. 8 copies of the Last Indian Passport and 8 copies of the Current US passport will require a brown moving box! :)

I don't have to travel within 2 months at least; let us see what they say. I have my application clearly marked; I will also enclose a copy of their e-mail.

What I will do is to make sure I have sufficient copies of the Driver's License, the Birth Certificates, etc (the single page documents).

For some passport copies you just need the first and last pages. I think for the Indian passport they needed all pages. But I agree that its too many copies of the same documentation.... :) I must have chopped down 3-4 trees with all the paperwork I sent...:)

For some passport copies you just need the first and last pages. I think for the Indian passport they needed all pages. But I agree that its too many copies of the same documentation.... :) I must have chopped down 3-4 trees with all the paperwork I sent...:)

When I went to CGI to give them my passports, I was given a lot of copies of passports / certificates back with a note that they don't need it. IMHO, they need first page / last page and 2 copies at most per packet (there are 2 packets per applicant).

All,

How much time does it take for SFO Consulate to send the documents back once they receive it?

Regards,

Praveen

You are the man!!! We are finally on the move again!!

Date Of Acknowledgment 11-AUG-2010
Registration Status Granted On 12-AUG-2010
Photo/Signature Scanned On 11-AUG-2010
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 12-AUG-2010
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on 13-AUG-2010
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO On 28-AUG-2010

Jac2005,

Mine is exactly the same timeline as yours. Did you get the documents back from SFO? I have been monitoring the Fedex return tracking number and there is no update.

Regards,

P

Hi pmohanan,

Nope...I didn't mine either. I am watching my USPS priority number each day and there is no update thus far. I wish they would send it out faster because otherwise we are without our passports longer...:( Also not sure why it took like 15 days from date sent to arrival at SFO....Everything else went fast and then it slowed down with the dispatch of documents back from India and now sending it back to us also. I hope they mail it out later today or tomorrow.

Jake.

Jac2005,

Mine is exactly the same timeline as yours. Did you get the documents back from SFO? I have been monitoring the Fedex return tracking number and there is no update.

Regards,

P

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi pmohanan,

Nope...I didn't mine either. I am watching my USPS priority number each day and there is no update thus far. I wish they would send it out faster because otherwise we are without our passports longer...:( Also not sure why it took like 15 days from date sent to arrival at SFO....Everything else went fast and then it slowed down with the dispatch of documents back from India and now sending it back to us also. I hope they mail it out later today or tomorrow.

Jake.

Thanks Jake!! I just checked my fedex account now and the documents were mailed out in the evening to be delivered tomorrow morning.

ok....my usps express code is finally starting to show tracking results!! Left SF sort facility...woohoo!! Hopefully I get it tomorrow since its Express Mail.

Got my OCI just a few minutes ago .... everything was perfect...all current/previous passports and surrender certificate arrived fine. They sent back extra copies of my sons birth certificate. I guess I sent too many to be safe...:) Good luck to everyone else on the forum and thanks for all your support!

Sent USPS: July 26th, 2010
Received at CGISF: July 28th, 2010
Date Of Acknowledgment: 11-AUG-2010
Registration Status: Granted 12-AUG-2010
Photo/Signature: Scanned On 11-AUG-2010
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on: 13-AUG-2010
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO: 28-AUG-2010
Documetns dispatched from SF: 31-AUG-2010
Documents received by me: 1-SEP-2010

Congrats pmohan and jake -

Got my OCI just a few minutes ago .... everything was perfect...all current/previous passports and surrender certificate arrived fine. They sent back extra copies of my sons birth certificate. I guess I sent too many to be safe...:) Good luck to everyone else on the forum and thanks for all your support!

Sent USPS: July 26th, 2010
Received at CGISF: July 28th, 2010
Date Of Acknowledgment: 11-AUG-2010
Registration Status: Granted 12-AUG-2010
Photo/Signature: Scanned On 11-AUG-2010
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on: 13-AUG-2010
Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO: 28-AUG-2010
Documetns dispatched from SF: 31-AUG-2010
Documents received by me: 1-SEP-2010

Congrats pmohan and jake -
Thanks sg930...just hang in there. You should get your stuff soon too. I am actually impressed with how CGSIF handled everything. The only delay was the time it took for the stuff to come from India to SF. Looking at the dates of the people who got their OCI stickers in the same batch, it seems to me like the dispatch date from India only means that the processing is complete in India. But does not necessarily mean that they were sent back (to SF) at the same time. Most likely they batch up a couple of weeks of applications and send them back together. So if you are at the early end of that date range, you have to wait more....whereas if you are the tail end of that date range, it appears like they sent it fast.

Thanks Jake
Looking at the current trend some people got within a month who sent within the July 2nd week. Those like you who sent towards the end of July, the processing time increased a little bit to over a month. For people like us of Aug 1st week batch it will be more - so may be its due to more applications are being received during the July/Aug timeframe. But anyway I will hang on to wait for the end of the journey.

Thanks sg930...just hang in there. You should get your stuff soon too. I am actually impressed with how CGSIF handled everything. The only delay was the time it took for the stuff to come from India to SF. Looking at the dates of the people who got their OCI stickers in the same batch, it seems to me like the dispatch date from India only means that the processing is complete in India. But does not necessarily mean that they were sent back (to SF) at the same time. Most likely they batch up a couple of weeks of applications and send them back together. So if you are at the early end of that date range, you have to wait more....whereas if you are the tail end of that date range, it appears like they sent it fast.

Status update -
Our documents are received back at SFO today -:)

Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO: On 03-SEP-2010

Congrats!! Your stuff sure came fast. Check your tracking number late tonight or tomorrow....you are about to join the OCI club...:)
Status update -
Our documents are received back at SFO today -:)

Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO: On 03-SEP-2010

My patience is running thin - when they say 20 business days is it counting weekends also - do they work on weekends for RC application. They received my application on Aug 10th and i am still waiting. Everyday I check my code for USPS but shows no activity and now long weekend is here which i am sure they'll off. This is very frustrating.