OCI - San Francisco Tracker

Atlast received Passports and OCI today !!

FINAL Update on my case:

OCI App Status : SFO : Family
02/04/2010: Mailed
02/05/2010: Delivered
02/20/2010: Acknowledged
02/23/2010: Registration Granted
02/23/2010: Photo/Sign Scanned
02/23/2010: Doc Printing Status - Printed
02/25/2010: Doc Dispatched
03/11/2010: Doc Received at SFO
03/11/2010: Passport/OCI Rcvd

Is it okay to send multiple applications in the same envelope?

A friend of mine and I are going to send our applications this week, just wondering if we can send both applications in one envelope (of course, including 2 different SASE for return materials).

Went to check my mail after seeing FMTguy status. Mine was dispatched on the 2/25 and received at SF on 3/11. Sadly it didnt arrive today. Let's hope it gets here tomorrow

Sent the package on 03/01 (overnight USPS) . Acknowledge on 03/12 on the website.. Does this mean that the application is accepted? Money order isnt still cashed..

Passedaway: I am sure you should receive the docs by Fri evening. Usually the delivery is made before noon. Just wait for few more hours :)

phx1999, how did you know that your money order hasn't been cashed? Thanks

Sent the package on 03/01 (overnight USPS) . Acknowledge on 03/12 on the website.. Does this mean that the application is accepted? Money order isnt still cashed..

phx1999, how did you know that your money order hasn't been cashed? Thanks

Just like any other MO.. I got it from Western Union and so I can call the 1800.. with the money order number which tells me if it was cashed or not.. Funny thing is that my doc's are printed(seem my signature) but they still havent cashed it as of today..

Thanks. Not sure if USPS MO can be tracked too somehow. I know there's a process for missing MO of filling a form 6401 and paying a fee but don't kow if there is an online or 1800 option to track? Anyone knows? Thanks

Just like any other MO.. I got it from Western Union and so I can call the 1800.. with the money order number which tells me if it was cashed or not.. Funny thing is that my doc's are printed(seem my signature) but they still havent cashed it as of today..

Sent the OCI application on 3/12 with both the passports. I included the express mail envelope and paid $18 for it. However, I didn't see the clerk put any stamp on the envelope. He just put a multipart label where I put from and to addresses. Is this how it goes?

Hi,
Just wanted to check: Is the correct way to check status online is to type in the registration number from Part-A (one that looks like USASI0XXXXXX) in "Online Registration No" tab ?

Also, what is the File/Ack No ? Is it something one gets after the application is acknowledged ?

Thanks,
cd

Sent the OCI application on 3/12 with both the passports. I included the express mail envelope and paid $18 for it. However, I didn't see the clerk put any stamp on the envelope. He just put a multipart label where I put from and to addresses. Is this how it goes?

I have done this twice and both time he either gave me stamp to put on or had put it on himself.
But may be there is other way to indicated it has been paid .... I will suggest go check with PO.

Hi,
Just wanted to check: Is the correct way to check status online is to type in the registration number from Part-A (one that looks like USASI0XXXXXX) in "Online Registration No" tab ?

Also, what is the File/Ack No ? Is it something one gets after the application is acknowledged ?

Thanks,
cd

That is the correct way ... once app is acked other fields including file no. name etc-etc will get populated automatically.
That's what happened in my case atleast.

Adress to send Original US passports.

self question clarified by SF CGI by e-mail

Last edited by a moderator:
Acknowledged application.

03/06/10: Mailed to SF
03/08/10: Reached SF
03/18/10: Acknowledged
xx/xx/10: Scanned
xx/xx/10: Granted
xx/xx/10: Printed
xx/xx/10: Dispatched from Delhi
xx/xx/10: Recd SFO