OCI - New York Tracker

I mailed my OCI application on 9/11. Still shows Not Acknowledged on the online site.

I did call a person at the embassy a week ago, and she didn't give me any information. Said I had to wait for 4 to 6 weeks before contacting them. She was quite indignant that I had the nerve to call them! She should get a customer service nobel prize!

Very frustrating, but not surprising at all.

An update - no acknowledgement yet. I'll try calling them on Wed or thursday at 2p as someone suggested.

I'll post when things change.

Anyone knows how long it will take to get granted status? It scanned on Oct-23-2009. Is there any status left after granted?

Application Status
Registration Status UnderProcess
Photo/Signature Scanned On 23-OCT-2009
Documents Printing Status NOT PRINTED
Documents Despatched From Delhi On NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI NOT YET

Anyone knows how long it will take to get granted status? It scanned on Oct-23-2009. Is there any status left after granted?

Application Status

My application was acknowledged Oct 12
My photo/signature was scanned Oct 19
Registration Status: Granted on November 4th

Application Status

About a month after Scan max; 2-3 weeks at best.

Let me be clear first, I have not received the ACK yet, so please review the following accordingly.

This is how I sent in our applications, we applied as a FAMILY -

OCI Application PART A and PART B + Supporting Docs -

Myself - First Applicant, Fee = $275, Photos - Two on forms + 3
Document Enclosed - Copies of my US PP, Naturalization Certificate, Most recent Indian PP

My wife - Second Applicant, Fee = $275. Photos - Two on forms + 3
Document Enclosed - Copies of her US PP, Naturalization Certificate, Most recent Indian PP

Child I - Third Applicant - PIO Card Holder, Fee = $145, Photos - Two on forms + 3
Document Enclosed - Copies of his US PP, His Birth Certificate, My US PP, My Indian PP, My wife's US PP, My wife's Indian PP and Child's PIO Card

Child II - Fourth Applicant - PIO Card Holder, Fee = $145, Photos - Two on forms + 3
Document Enclosed - Copies of his US PP, His Birth Certificate, My US PP, My Indian PP, My wife's US PP, My wife's Indian PP and Child's PIO Card

I sent all the above together in one envelope and the whole application along with each of the supporting docs were submitted in duplicate as second set. All the docs except the PIO card copies were self attested, PIO card copies were notarized.

Again, the above is based on the information I gathered from CGI NY website and this forum.

Good Luck.

Why do we need to keep duplicate copy I don't see that anywhere. I preparing the form and just want to confirm. I was planning to keep only one photo copy and notorize.

Why do we need to keep duplicate copy I don't see that anywhere. I preparing the form and just want to confirm. I was planning to keep only one photo copy and notorize.

If you can easily re-generate a copy (scan a passport for example), I do not think you need a copy.

If OCI is applied for all the family members, and when it is approved, can one person in the family take all the passports and get the OCI stamping done at NY, or everyone need to go? Thanks!

If OCI is applied for all the family members, and when it is approved, can one person in the family take all the passports and get the OCI stamping done at NY, or everyone need to go? Thanks!

My friends brother got the OCI for my Friend's family. As far as I heard any one can go. Must carry all the passport and details.

The answer is readily available at New York consulate website: Applicants are kindly requested to either visit the Consulate personally (no need of all applicants to be present, one person can bring all passports) with applicants passport/s between 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. to collect the OCI Cards. (As per current delivery schedule, Passports/OCI cards are returned within three hours) ... http://indiacgny.org/php/showContent.php?linkid=177&partid=100&sub=sub6

When I try to do the Online Registration using the link provided at NY Consulate website I got the following message:

User Can Not Access URL

I was using Internet Explorer.
Is this a known issue? Any other way to do Online Registration?

Thanks!

How long between Granted to Dispatched

My application was acknowledged Oct 12
My photo/signature was scanned Oct 19
Registration Status: Granted on November 4th

Gandy,

Has your status been updated to Dispatched? How long does it typically take for the documents to be dispatched to NYC? How long before they are received at CGI, NYC

One question for others who had their passports stamped - what documents need to be taken to the CGI NY to get the Visa stamped?

Can anyone tell me when to send the passports?

Date Of Acknowledgment 09-NOV-2009
Application Status

Please read this at the NY consulate website:

Thanks for replying, I read the website you quoted.. and it reads "Once applicant sees the online status as the OCI card reached the Consulate, there is no need of confirming by phone or by e-mail. Applicant can send in the passport by mail or come in personally on any working day between 9:30-11:00 a.m"

but next to Documents Received at "NEW YORK CGI" there is a default NOT YET text, Is it a dummy one? or will it change to "has arrived" when my documents have actually arrived to NY..

Thanks for replying, I read the website you quoted.. and it reads "Once applicant sees the online status as the OCI card reached the Consulate, there is no need of confirming by phone or by e-mail. Applicant can send in the passport by mail or come in personally on any working day between 9:30-11:00 a.m"

but next to Documents Received at "NEW YORK CGI" there is a default NOT YET text, Is it a dummy one? or will it change to "has arrived" when my documents have actually arrived to NY..

It will change to an actual date when the documents arrive in NY.

Can some one tell in total how many photos needed for each person.
Is it 2 per form (original + plus duplicate set),total 4 or 1 per form, total 2.

Also did you stick the photo in each form or just kept it along with paper clip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Resubmitting,

How long does it typically take for the documents to be dispatched to NYC? How long before they are received at CGI, NYC

One question for others who had their passports stamped - what documents need to be taken to the CGI NY to get the Visa stamped?