OCI - New York Tracker

My OCI has been granted and the documents reached back to CGNY from Delhi. However I have to make a trip to Canada in another 2 weeks. I am not risking sending my US Passport as if I do not get them back on time then I will be in trouble. So can I wait for another 3 weeks and then send my US PP for stamping U visa, NY CGI won't trash my OCI in that case:confused:

Yes, you can claim your OCI docs after your return from Canada.

My OCI has been granted and the documents reached back to CGNY from Delhi. However I have to make a trip to Canada in another 2 weeks. I am not risking sending my US Passport as if I do not get them back on time then I will be in trouble. So can I wait for another 3 weeks and then send my US PP for stamping U visa, NY CGI won't trash my OCI in that case:confused:

How far are you from CGINY ? If you go physically and drop off the passport, you can have it in your hands by 1PM same day :D

Far enough that I cannot drive and get get in done if I do not take 2 days vacation and spend a lot of money to stay, gas toll etc. I think I will wait till I come back from Canada

Folks -

Quick question - how do I answer this question?

16. Does the country of applicant(s) permit dual citizenship in some form or the other? Yes/No
If no, give specific details

Folks -

Quick question - how do I answer this question?

16. Does the country of applicant(s) permit dual citizenship in some form or the other? Yes/No
If no, give specific details

If you are a US citizen, answer to that question is 'Yes'.

It is amazing to go thru this thread.

The mods and the other posters have been fantastic in responding to the various queries.

A big THANK YOU! :)

Not yet Acknowledged.

Friends, I have sent out an OCI Application one month ago and it has not yet acknowleged.

On this forum, most are getting acknowlegements in about 2 to 3 weeks on average.

Sent an email and tried to contact the number given on consulate website and left voice messages but no response at all.

Is there any otherway I can try to find out whats going on ?

OCI Sent : Aug 22nd 2009.

Thanks and Regards.

Friends, I have sent out an OCI Application one month ago and it has not yet acknowleged.

On this forum, most are getting acknowlegements in about 2 to 3 weeks on average.

Sent an email and tried to contact the number given on consulate website and left voice messages but no response at all.

Thanks and Regards.
They dont reply to email generally. Call them up (their website, contact info page, OCI section) on Wednesday and Thursday right on 2 PM and keep trying until you get a person. Its hard to get someone on phone, but the lady did help me in answering my questions politely.

Finally got OCI. About 6 weeks.

Finally picked up OCI today from NYC CGI. Dropped off passport about 9:30 Am and went bank to pick it up about 12:30.

Thanks and Regards.

Any luck?

I mailed my appln on Sep 1 and assumed I can see the acknowldgement on the OCIindia site (http://ociindia.nic.in/ociindia/OnlineOCIenquiry...) in about 20 days like the others. But I still don't.

Is there any other kind of acknowledgement that we can expect to see/receive that will give us the comfort that the application is being considered?

Thanks,

Submitted my Application on 9/19. No ACK yet.

SkyDrow, Kprajan, did either one of you have any update on your case.

Thanks
IJ

Posted my application on Sep 25, 2009. No ack yet. I will post when the application gets acknowledged.

Received OCI card and PP back

Yesterday I received OCI card and PP back with U visa stamped. NY CGI send it by Express Mail and USPS person took my signature.

Submitted my Application on 9/19. No ACK yet.

SkyDrow, Kprajan, did either one of you have any update on your case.

Thanks
IJ

Mine was returned asking for name change certificate. (I had my initials expanded on my Indian passport but not in my US passport and other records. Hence my current OCI application had my first name as "K.P.")

Anyone knows if it is better to go in person to explain it or just resubmit the application with an explanatory letter?

Thanks,

Mine was returned asking for name change certificate. (I had my initials expanded on my Indian passport but not in my US passport and other records. Hence my current OCI application had my first name as "K.P.")

Anyone knows if it is better to go in person to explain it or just resubmit the application with an explanatory letter?

Thanks,

Hi Kprajan,

Roughly how many days CGI NY, took to send acknowledgement or respond with above information.

Thanks
IJ

OCI Entire Pack was sent back.

After two months of waiting, my entire OCI Application was sent back stating that Passport Copies are not clear and that too I called them and asked for the update and thats how I was able to get the packet back. Eventhough the PP number and other info, everything was clear in copies. Couldnt they have pulled out my information in their computer system ?

Anyways, I resubmitted my App. on Oct 1st 2009 and no Ack. yet.

Totally lost 3 months in this transition. My entire citizenship process was smooth but looks like, may be not OCI part. Lets see now what happens.

Hi Kprajan,

Roughly how many days CGI NY, took to send acknowledgement or respond with above information.

Thanks
IJ

They sent the resubmit letter within three weeks.

I went to the consulate this morning to realize that they will not take it in person (they take only the US passports that have been approved for OCI). Though their website mentions that applications have to be sent thru mail only, it was irritating that they do not have anyone to speak to who can clarify if my response with supporting docs is adequate.

Got tired calling that # between 2 and 4 and have had no replies on my many emails this week.

So, I have to mail everything again and wait to see what happens. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator: