OCI - New York Tracker

I am sure she can. Just give her an authorization letter. If her driver's license has the same address as in the OCI application that will be additional proof of identity.

Thanks akgarg.
Looks like the OCI was approved and dispatched. Let's hope it gets here before 7 May so that we can pick it up on at least 8 May.

STATUS UPDATE:
Date Of Acknowledgment 02-APR-2009
Registration Status Granted On 27-APR-2009
Photo/Signature Scanned On 16-APR-2009
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 28-APR-2009
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on 30-APR-2009
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI NOT YET

I sent my son and daughter's OCI appl recently. Last night both were marked as 'Scanned' and 'Granted', this morning my son's 'Scanned' disappared, my daughter's had 'PRINTED' added. Does this mean they have problem with my son's photo ? Anybody experienced this ?

I sent my son and daughter's OCI appl recently. Last night both were marked as 'Scanned' and 'Granted', this morning my son's 'Scanned' disappared, my daughter's had 'PRINTED' added. Does this mean they have problem with my son's photo ? Anybody experienced this ?

Does it still say 'Granted' for your son? It may be in some intermediate stage getting updated. Wait for a few days and see if 'Printed' appears for him as well.

Oci finished

Thanks to this forum it has been most helpful!

Date Of Acknowledgment 02-APR-2009
Registration Status Granted On 27-APR-2009
Photo/Signature Scanned On 16-APR-2009
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 28-APR-2009
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on 30-APR-2009
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI On 06-MAY-2009

This happened to me very recently. After "Scanned" appearing and disappearing couple of times, I got a call from CGNY asking me to send new pictures and a signature. Once I did that, everything processed quickly.

Obviously, wait for a few days to see if it's really not appearing again before calling the Consulate.

This happened to me very recently. After "Scanned" appearing and disappearing couple of times, I got a call from CGNY asking me to send new pictures and a signature. Once I did that, everything processed quickly.

Obviously, wait for a few days to see if it's really not appearing again before calling the Consulate.

How long it took for you to get scanned status back after resending photo and signature ? My travel date is May 30th, I am afraid I will not be able to get it by that time. My daughter's applied along with son's is already despatched from Delhi

OCI application NY embassy

The instructions in NYC website not clear on number of photographs.

Please help.

1. They say two sets of applications . Two passpost photos. One photo on each application.

So total photographs is 4 or just 2 ( one each on applciation)?

photos

How long it took for you to get scanned status back after resending photo and signature ? My travel date is May 30th, I am afraid I will not be able to get it by that time. My daughter's applied along with son's is already despatched from Delhi

Hi Bro,
One qucik Question.

Please share whether you sent 4 photographs ( 2 on appln and 2 loose) or Just 2 photographs ( on appln)

After resending the photos, I waited for a week before calling the Consulate. The scanning department initially denied they have my new photo. I said I have delivery confirmation at which point they put me on hold, called their mailroom, confirmed it's there and told me the photos should be scanned the same day. I saw the status updated to scanned by 5PM the same day.

If I were you I will mail the photo/signature with delivery confirmation, wait a day after they are delivered and call them and explain the urgency of your situation.

Hi Philly,
One qucik Question.

Please share whether you sent 4 photographs ( 2 on appln and 2 loose) or Just 2 photographs ( on appln)

what should I do? when to panic?

Hi Guys,

for OCI application I sent only 2 photos (afixed on application). Then realized I have to send 1 more and sent it by separate mail next day.
My app reached there on 29th and 30th april.

I get
Application with this number not yet Acknowledged message.
as of 05/12.

When can I expect them to acknowledge? (because of my situation..would they just sit on it or let me know?)

when I applied for my son and wife last year, they just sat on the application because i didnt send his birth cert. after 2 months when I flooded them with email, they told me to fax copy of his BC.

Any advice please.

Thanks

They received my application on April 28th. They still have not acknowledged it. I sent additional 4 photos with my application.

OCI Experience So Far at NY Consulate

Mailed application on Apr 18 (Expressmail)
Hadn't heard anything for a few weeks so sent them email on May 5th.
Next Day, the website stated date of acknowledgement: 6 May

Photo Scanned: May 13

I'm not sure how long it would take from here onwards.
We have to travel to India on June 17th and hope that we have the OCI in hand before that. May be pushing it a little... Lets see.

Might have to go to the consulate once the documents arrive at the consulate.

Satish.

ack on may 20/sent on april 28/29

Hi,

I sent in application on 29th april
acknowledge on may 20..

Does this mean all is OK?

Thanks

Well, I sent the appl. on April 17th and it was acknowledged on May 6th after almost 3 weeks. My photos were then scanned on May 13th. No news after that. What happens after the photos are scanned ? Does the appl. then go to New Delhi where it is approved ?

Satish

Well, I sent the appl. on April 17th and it was acknowledged on May 6th after almost 3 weeks. My photos were then scanned on May 13th. No news after that. What happens after the photos are scanned ? Does the appl. then go to New Delhi where it is approved ?

Satish

Mine was scanned on Apr 30th, and granted on May 13th, dispatched on May 15th. So give it another week

My application received by CGNY on 4/28 was acknowledged on 5/18.

Last edited by a moderator: