OCI - New York Tracker

Hello

We mailed our application to CGNY via UPS and know that it was delivered on April 30th. To date (May 24), the status shown on the OCI website is that the application has not been acknowledged.

I am beginning to get worried that they have lost my application along with the check.. The consulate is not even picking up the phone...How do i proceed here ?

Any advice would be appreciated !

It can take over a month for ACK. I would just sit tight and wait.

Btw, you sent certified check right (not personal check)? They only accept money orders and certified checks.

MY OCI cards are despatched on 5th May and not reached Newyork so far,
I have to go to India on 5th June.
I have mailed my US and Indian passport on 15th(after waiting 10 days as per instructions) to them and reached NY consulate on 16th as per Postal tracking status.

Please help me " Do you have any experience on mailing passport without status "reached to Newyork consulate"

I this is one case where you may have to go to the embassy or hire agents/brokers (eg Travisa) to help untangle the mess.
You were not supposed to send anything to them until informed.
There is a good chance they may have misplaced the papers that came from India.
And, I really don't trust US passports sitting around in the consulate. With your travel date creeping up, you will have to act soon.

But the good thing is that if you submit papers personally to Travisa you will be issued visa the same day.

Nred

Got my OCI today

Overall it took exactly 2 months to complete the OCI process.
Below are my dates.

Documents mailed: 30-MAR-2008
Documents Acknowleged : 21-APR-2008
Registration Status: Granted On 14-MAY-2008
Photo/Signature: Scanned On 29-APR-2008
Documents Printed on 14-MAY-2008
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on: 15-MAY-2008
Documents Received at: NEW YORK CGI On 23-MAY-2008

US and Indian passports mailed to NY CGI: 27-MAY-2008
US passport received with U sticker AND OCI CERTIFICATE CARD: 30-MAY-2008

It can take more than a month, usually 2 months. Relax. Have faith.

Thanks nred. Is it 2 months for just the acknowledgement or 2 months for the overall process ?

I just hope it hasnt been misplaced as Its a lot of money and sensitive documents.

Look at his timeline, dhari1 !! It is 2 months from start to finish (from sending his application to getting his passports stamped+OCI card).

For the Houston embassy, they are still clocking 3 months elapse time.

My application status shows as received but not for my wife.

All

I have sent OCI application for myself and wife on 5/13/08. My application status shows as received but not for my wife.

I did sent at the same time, same envelop.

Not sure what's going there. Any one in the same boat and how did you go about this ?

I left messages at the given number at newyork consulate, no one is picking up the phone for many days. Not sure how do I find this out.

Guys, If you belong to CGINY jurisdiction for OCI, please post your timeline in this thread. Here are my particulars:

Mailed the application on 3rd April and received by CGINY on 7th April. Online status still shows 'File not registered with the concerned mission yet' or something like that. My reference number is in the proximity of USANI066xx06.

I saw the following post...
You should be receiving yours soon.

Old 9th June 2008, 10:50 AM

My application status shows as received but not for my wife.
All

I have sent OCI application for myself and wife on 5/13/08. My application status shows as received but not for my wife.

I did sent at the same time, same envelop.

Not sure what's going there. Any one in the same boat and how did you go about this ?

I left messages at the given number at newyork consulate, no one is picking up the phone for many days. Not sure how do I find this out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
N400 - VSC
Mailed : 7/27/07
Received : 7/30/07
Checks Cashed : 8/29/07
Receipt Received : 11/17/07
FP Received : 11/17/07
Interview : Jan-2008
Oath :27-feb-2008
<<< next >>>

Hello,
I mailed the OCI forms to NY office a week back.
The inquiry asks for File (Acknowledgment no). When/how do I get this?
I have the Online Registration No. When I enter this, I get the following response:
"Application with this number not yet Acknowledged".
Is it what I should be expecting.

Thanks,
Khan

Hello,
I mailed the OCI forms to NY office a week back.
The inquiry asks for File (Acknowledgment no). When/how do I get this?
I have the Online Registration No. When I enter this, I get the following response:
"Application with this number not yet Acknowledged".
Is it what I should be expecting.

Thanks,
Khan

Yes. File# is assigned when your application is acknowledged. Looking at current postings on various threads for different consulates, it can take anywhere from 3 weeks to up to 2 months (most probably closer to the lower end).

Mailed OCI app on april 20th

Still doesnt show the application has been acknowledged. Cant believe that someone sent in may 2nd week and has acknowledgement,

same situation

I am in the same boat, sent on Apr 20th no ack yet.

I am in the same situation as well. Documents were received on April 28, but no ack yet. I am worried because a bankers check for $1100 is in the package and I am afraid they just misplaced it.

I even wrote to the Consul General via the contact us section of the website. I dont know or think it even makes a difference. My calls and emails go unanswered which isn't surprising.

Its very frustrating.

I Applied to NY Consulate but did not send any extra photos. I sent 2 photos one on each application per candidate, did anyone else did this & got the OCI card?

Thanks in advance.

I am in the same situation as well. Documents were received on April 28, but no ack yet. I am worried because a bankers check for $1100 is in the package and I am afraid they just misplaced it.

I even wrote to the Consul General via the contact us section of the website. I dont know or think it even makes a difference. My calls and emails go unanswered which isn't surprising.

Its very frustrating.

You should be able to find out from your bank if the cashier's check was cashed and if so, when.

You should be able to find out from your bank if the cashier's check was cashed and if so, when.

Hello akgarg

I just checked with the bank. The check has still not been cashed. UPS says that they delivered on April 28th and the address is correct.

I can only assume that my application is lost (or) the consulate has still not gotten to my file, which i doubt.

Should I just cancel the check and reapply in person ?

This is obviously scary... I still cannot get in touch with anyone at the consulate... Really pathetic people..

Hello akgarg

I just checked with the bank. The check has still not been cashed. UPS says that they delivered on April 28th and the address is correct.

I can only assume that my application is lost (or) the consulate has still not gotten to my file, which i doubt.

Should I just cancel the check and reapply in person ?

This is obviously scary... I still cannot get in touch with anyone at the consulate... Really pathetic people..

It will be interesting to hear from other people who applied via CGINY in late April and when they got their apps acknowledged.

In my own case acknowledgment took 2 months (Dec 07 to Feb 08), but from recent postings things seem to be moving quite a bit faster. I would give it another 2 weeks before taking any further action. Is it convenient for you to personally get to CGINY?

It will be interesting to hear from other people who applied via CGINY in late April and when they got their apps acknowledged.

In my own case acknowledgment took 2 months (Dec 07 to Feb 08), but from recent postings things seem to be moving quite a bit faster. I would give it another 2 weeks before taking any further action. Is it convenient for you to personally get to CGINY?

Thanks for the response. I think I will do what you suggested - wait for a week or two more before taking the next steps. I live in Philly, so it is a bother to visit CGNY in person, but don't have a choice.

I do not know however if they would let me in without the papers, and even if they do, will they be able to tell me anything more than what I see on the website...