Registration Status: Granted On 06/14/2007
Photo/Signature: Scanned On 06/12/2007
Documents Printing Status : Printed On 06/14/2007 changed to 06/15/2007
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on: 06/19/2007
Documents Received at: NEW YORK CGI On: 06/21/2007
Passport Mailed On: 06/28/2007
OCI Received On: 07/06/2007

Response time

I mailed our family application(3 members) on June 23.
It has been 2 weeks. Approximately when will the status change?
It still says "Application not acknowledged yet".
Tnx.

I mailed our family application(3 members) on June 23.
It has been 2 weeks. Approximately when will the status change?
It still says "Application not acknowledged yet".
Tnx.

I'm in the same boat, applied 3 weeks ago and still waiting for some kind of online acknowledgement. And of course they are not responding to e-mails or phone calls (just goes to voicemail). I suppose this is to be expected given that this is an Indian organization!

It's been 3 and a half weeks for me as well. No acknowledgement yet. Perhaps folks are on an extended summer break!

I mailed my application on June 30th, the application was delivered to NY consulate on July 3rd. I am still getting this message
"Application with this number not yet Acknowledged"

I am wondering if they acknowledge application in NY or Delhi. After reading some other posting, it appears that the gap beween "application acknowledgement" and the "visa granted" is just a few days. I am thinking they just collect all the applications in NY and send it to India, that's why there is an initial time lag in application acknowledgement. Once its acknowkedged, everything else goes pretty fast.

So we have no tracking info for applicants who mailed in their applications on or after June 17, approximately.

If any of you mailed your applications after June 17 and got an acknowledgement, please post.
Thanks

June 7 appl

Date of Mailing: june 7
Date received : June 13, USPS priority - They first send it to Jamaica NY.
Date Acknowledged - June 27
Date Scanned - Photo - June 29
Date Granted - July 7
Date printed and dispatched - July 7th
Received by NY - Not yet - Hmm.. just the last pit to fill up.

FYI:
Looks like the OCI person at CGINY is back from vacation. My application mailed 6/20 has been acknowledged today (7/11).

So we have no tracking info for applicants who mailed in their applications on or after June 17, approximately.

If any of you mailed your applications after June 17 and got an acknowledgement, please post.
Thanks

FYI:
Looks like the OCI person at CGINY is back from vacation. My application mailed 6/20 has been acknowledged today (7/11).

Lucky you! I mailed mine on 06/20 as well. As per USPS, it reached NY on 06/22. Mine is a family application. Not sure if family application takes longer to process.

I mailed OCI application on 06/28. It reached CGINY on 07/02 (USPS confirmation). Status says "Application with this number not yet Acknowledged" Call New york office on 19-JUL-2007 at 212-774-0605. As per OCI person, it should take 3 to 4 weeks to grant OCI. But applications received in July-2007 may take 6 to 8 weeks to grant OCI because of staff shortage.

I mailed OCI applications for me and my spouse on 06/27. It reached CGINY on 07/02 (USPS confirmation). As of 19-JUL-2007, status says "Application with this number not yet Acknowledged". But I also sent the PIO for my kid on 06/27 in the same envelope with OCI appllications (+ $15 for return postage), and I got the PIO card today by UPS (along with old Indian and US passport + Indian Birth Certificate). One odd thing though: the Indian Passport does not have a "canceled" stamp on this. Do I need to resend to Indian Embassy for cancellation?

Please advise.

If your kid's oci was "not acknowledged"/granted, you might want to call the 212 number and ask them why they sent everything back.

Maybe since the wait time has increased, they dont want to keep anyone's travel documents until the status changes to granted.

Once the status changes, then you send the passports again and then will cancel and stamp passports, I guess.

I did not apply OCI for my kid, I applied for PIO (since its cheaper than OCI for kids) and got approved also. The only problem is : the Embassy officials did not put a "cancle" stamp on my kids's old Indian passport. Question: Do I need to send back the passport so they can put a "cancle" stamp.

Acknowledged Finally!

PM you should call CGI NY.

For all members of my family OCI applications were aknowledged today.
Date Apps were mailed: 06/23
Date Apps were acknowledged: 07/20

Looks like there is no staff shortage anymore.
All staff have returned from their 4 week "India" trips. :)

PM you should call CGI NY.

For all members of my family OCI applications were aknowledged today.
Date Apps were mailed: 06/23
Date Apps were acknowledged: 07/20

Looks like there is no staff shortage anymore.
All staff have returned from their 4 week "India" trips. :)

Hi lca,

After you mailed application 06/23
Did you check your delivery confirmation (if you have one)?
Any idea what date your application was delivered to CGINY?

Thanks,

Update ...

I dont know when they received it. I sent on June 23. They must have received by June 26.

Application sent 23-JUN-2007
Date Of Acknowledgment 20-JUL-2007
Photo/Signature Scanned 24-JUL-2007

Registration Status UnderProcess
Documents Printing Status NOT PRINTED
Documents Despatched From Delhi NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI NOT YET

Done with stamping

I did not apply OCI for my kid, I applied for PIO (since its cheaper than OCI for kids) and got approved also. The only problem is : the Embassy officials did not put a "cancle" stamp on my kids's old Indian passport. Question: Do I need to send back the passport so they can put a "cancle" stamp.

PM - Don't worry about the non stamping of the Indian passport. I guess they are not doing that anymore - delete stamping of Indian pp. I went to NY consulate today for oci stamping and they did not take my indian pp. So just ignore it. I guess they are refining the process by thinking why do we need to do this. Makes sense, who cares if you have valid US and Indian PP. US govt does not, then why should Indian govt. worry....Getting matured ..hehe.

Date of Mailing: june 7
Date received : June 13, USPS priority - They first send it to Jamaica NY.
Date Acknowledged - June 27
Date Scanned - Photo - June 29
Date Granted - July 7
Date printed and dispatched - July 7th
Date Received at NY - 19th July ( the last wicket took along time)

Oci Ny

Date Mailed 27-JUN-2007
Date Received at Embassy 02-JUL-2007
Date Of Acknowledgment 25-JUL-2007
Registration Status UnderProcess
Documents Printing Status NOT PRINTED
Documents Despatched From Delhi On NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at NEW YORK CGI NOT YET

Just checked
My status is exact same as PM,
Date Mailed 28-JUN-2007
Date Received at Embassy 02-JUL-2007