OCI - Houston Tracker

10 MAR 2010: Houston Received
11 MAR 2010: Acked + Photo scanned.
13-MAR-2010: Granted.
15-MAR-2010: Printed.
17-MAR-2010: Sent to Consulate from Delhi.
22-MAR-2010: Houston Received, Passport(s) overnighted.

I have sent my passport for stamping. Does the online status now update on when they received my passport, the tracking number of the return? Or do they email?

I have sent my passport for stamping. Does the online status now update on when they received my passport, the tracking number of the return? Or do they email?

The only other update to online status will be when the docs are received by Houston consulate. After that you just have to wait until you receive your passport back (with OCI book). Recent Houston timelines will give you an idea of how long that takes.

OCI received!

OCI received via FedEx: 3/24

Done!

OCI Arrived

Applied: 3/1
Ack + photo/sig scan: 3/5
Granted: 3/10
Printed: 3/11
Dispatched to the Consulate: 3/12
OCI arrived at CGI Houston: 3/18
Original US & Indian passport sent along with a screen shot of OCI status: 3/18

visuraj,
Did you get back your passports and OCI booklet?

If anybody else who have sent their passports on or after 22-March got back their passports/OCI, let me know. I can see others are getting their passports in 3-4 days, but it is taking more than 8-9 days and still not received it.

Last edited by a moderator:
visuraj,
Let me know when you receive it. I should be getting it on the same or next day after yours. They received my passports on 23-MAR.
I am thinking due to Petroleum secretary visit, probably the consular staff have been re-assigned. CGI is closed this Friday. Hopefully they should ship it today or tomorrow.

Thanks. I am awaiting it Monday or Tuesday. They were closed on Friday.

I have almost the same dates as yours and still have not received my passport along with OCI book... not sure how much more time...

04 MAR 2010: Houston Received
06 MAR 2010: Acked + Photo scanned.
10-MAR-2010: Granted.
11-MAR-2010: Printed.
18-MAR-2010: Documents Received in Houston
22-MAR-2010: Passport Sent to Houston
24-MAR-2010: Passport Received in Houston
??- Passport and OCI Received

I was hoping it would be today. Still not received it. Hopefully tomorrow.

Fedex tried to deliver it yesterday to my home, even though I asked cgi to deliver it to work. Fedex needed my signature before delivery so they will deliver today

Fedex tried to deliver it yesterday to my home, even though I asked cgi to deliver it to work. Fedex needed my signature before delivery so they will deliver today

Did you get an note from CGI before the fedex was sent? Is there any way to follow up with CGI if they have mailed it or not?

Did you get an note from CGI before the fedex was sent? Is there any way to follow up with CGI if they have mailed it or not?

Nope. Just hope and wait. No use calling them. I tried twice and the operator said it is taking two weeks and transfered the call to mailing department which promptly disconnected the line.

You should get it today. Be in home for taking signature delivery .

Nope. Just hope and wait. No use calling them. I tried twice and the operator said it is taking two weeks and transfered the call to mailing department which promptly disconnected the line.

You should get it today. Be in home for taking signature delivery .

Thanks for the info, I tried calling the Fedex local office to see if there any any delivery in my name and they could not find one.. Now I am little more worried... I am planning to travel out of the country in a few days and hope my passport arrives on time..

10 MAR 2010: Houston Received
11 MAR 2010: Acked + Photo scanned.
13-MAR-2010: Granted.
15-MAR-2010: Printed.
17-MAR-2010: Sent to Consulate from Delhi.
22-MAR-2010: Houston Received, Passport(s) overnighted.
07-APR-2010: Received OCI, passports