Houston Received 02/26
Acknowledged 03/01
Photo Scanned 03/01
Granted 03/03
Printed 03/04
Dispatched 03/05
Received at Houston ??/??

Last edited by a moderator:
Houston has received the documents today. I will be sending my passports tomorrow. Nobody answered to my question. Can someone look over and let me know please.

You don't need to send any envelope (Atleast I did not send any) They send things back in FedEx envelope , As long as you have paid $20 for return mailing fee)

Just checked status

Photo/signature scanned March/05

Used the following site, entered the online registration number, and pressed 'go'. This might help those who do not know how to check the status (I didn't know myself until an hour ago).

https://
passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp

So far:
OCI app sent: 3/1/2010
Photo/Signature scanned: 3/5/10

Sorry to hijack this thread....but couple of questions to ssruindia (or to any one who can answer):
1) When sending the copies of US PP & birth certificate of your children, did you "self attest" their documents? If yes, what is the verbiage to self attest? Is it ok to say "Self Attested True Copy of the Original"??

2) When you sent the $20 return fee, did you take a cashier's check/MO?

Thanks,
Speedy

I self Attested saying "TRUE COPY OF THE ORIGINAL", SELf ATTESTED, CITY, STATE, DATE.

All the money I sent was "Cashiers check"

OCI status page

OCI status page is nto working since yesterday for me.
https://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp is the URL.

Is it problem for any body else facing same issue.
Even registration page not coming.
My OCI docs were approved and dispatched on 3rd march.
Waiting for confirmaiton that they are received in houston before sending US PP

thanks
Suny

Status changed to granted

Applied: 3/1
Ack + photo/sig scan: 3/5
Granted: 3/10

The website is working this morning; I just checked!

How to find the photo/sig scan? The online check, shows date of Ack and Registration Status shows UnderProcess. I could not see any information on photo/sig scan. Where will it be displayed?

The new row "Photo/Sig Scan" automatically appeared as soon it was done. Now it shows scanned. Does it mean they accepted the photo and there is no problem with it

The new row "Photo/Sig Scan" automatically appeared as soon it was done. Now it shows scanned. Does it mean they accepted the photo and there is no problem with it

Yes; that means your application is all set for approval ('granted' status) sometime soon!

Wow. Houston is fast Wish NY was as fast. It is 10 days. It looks like 60 days in NY.

God bless them; CGI Houston is very efficient (and tidy! - you should visit their office) consulate!

Last edited by a moderator:
Application Sent 02/24
Houston Received 02/26
Acknowledged 03/01
Photo Scanned 03/01
Granted 03/03
Printed 03/04
Dispatched 03/05
Received at Houston 03/09
Passport Sent for Stamping 03/10
Passports Received ??/??

One more Q:
When we send the PP's for stamping, do we need to specify a return address or is it always from the OCI application. Can we mention a different return mailing address (say work address)?

10 MAR 2010: Applied
11 MAR 2010: Acked + Photo scanned.

You can write a cover letter, mention new address, and request the consulate to send the
documents to your new address. I am assuming you did pay for the overnight delivery. If
not, add $20 money order with that request.

CGI Houston is very good with such things; so it should not be much problem. That's
my experience with similar thing in the past. Others can comment too!

One more Q:
When we send the PP's for stamping, do we need to specify a return address or is it always from the OCI application. Can we mention a different return mailing address (say work address)?

10 MAR 2010: Applied
11 MAR 2010: Acked + Photo scanned.