OCI - Houston Tracker

One more step closer - OCI dispatched to Houston on 08/01/2008 !!

Hopefully, the OCI will be received in Houston by 08/05. I have everything ready, including the courier envelope addressed to CGI Houston, and I will mail it the same day it is received in Houston. And, I will receive the package back from Houston by 08/15 - in time for Independence Day celebration :)

Last edited by a moderator:
OCI Application mailed to Houston

--------------------------------------------------------------------
N-400 Application:
----- ------------
INS Center:==========VSC
N-400 mailing date:====12/01/2007
PD:================12/03/2007
ND:================01/05/2008
FP:================01/20/2008
Interview Letter recd:==05/10/2008
Interview scheduled:===06/20/2008 10:45 AM
Oath Same Day:======06/20/2008
Status:=============Case Closed and became official US citizen.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
US passport:
------------
Applied for US passport and US passport card:=07/01/2008(Regular Mail)
Received US passport with N Certificate:=====07/18/2008
Received US passport card:===============Still In Process
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
OCI Application:
----------------
Consulate:================Houston,TX
Online Regisration, Form A:====07/27/2008
App Mailed To Houston:======08/02/2008
Acknowledged:=============?
Scanned:=================?
Granted:=================?
Printed:==================?
Dispatched:===============?
Recd at Houston:===========?
Passports mailed:===========?
OCI received;==============?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am ready to send my Passport to Houston (Keeping fingers crossed). My documents were received by Houston on 07/31 and the process started mid April.

I have US passport, Indian Passport, Cover letter, printout of Status ready to be mailed. Do I need to send the $20 return mail fees also? I did send that when I submitted the application.

Please let me know I am missing anything. Based on all the horor stories about passport getting lost, I am most worried about this stage of OCI.

I am ready to send my Passport to Houston (Keeping fingers crossed). My documents were received by Houston on 07/31 and the process started mid April.

I have US passport, Indian Passport, Cover letter, printout of Status ready to be mailed. Do I need to send the $20 return mail fees also? I did send that when I submitted the application.

Please let me know I am missing anything. Based on all the horor stories about passport getting lost, I am most worried about this stage of OCI.

If you sent the $20 return postage fee with the application, you don't need to send it again. Good luck!

Picked up OCI cards this last Friday.

I walked in to the Houston Consulate and personally picked up OCI cards for my family and me.
Reached at about 10:30 am., dropped all our passports and a police report as I have lost my daughter's PIO card.
Picked up all 3 OCI cards and 3 stamped U.S. passports and 2 cancelled Indian passports at 4 pm.
Everything went well, and it looks like we're all done (for now)

I asked the lady behind the counter about what happens when the U.S. passport expires. She told me that we would need a new OCI card as well!!!! This is quite contrary to what I have read on the forum. I thought we may only need a new visa sticker on the new passport. Looks like she didn't have the correct information.

I'm done. Thanks to everyone on the forum for your help.

Dates ?

How have you guys kept track of all the dates? The following are the only fields available on the web site and only 2 of these (Ack and Doc dispatched on) appear to be dates?

And does "Registration Status UnderProcess" mean the papers received are satisfactory to the staff at Houston?

Date Of Acknowledgment
Registration Status
Documents Printing Status
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on
Documents Received at "Houston Not Yet"

Dont' worry. The other dates - like 'Scanned', 'Printed' and 'Received' dates will appear magically when you move on in the process!!

Moving right along!! Documents received at Houston today (barely 3 days after being dispatched from India). I am sending my US & India passports tomorrow along with a printout of the OCI status page. Hopefully, I will get back my US passport with U Visa, OCI Card and cancelled Indian passport in 10 days - in time for the Indian Independence Day celebrations!!

Can you get everything done same day ?

:confused: HI obajaj,

Do they need all the family members who had applied to go in to drop off the passports or just one would be enough ?

Also, like you have mentioned below, can you get the last stage of the process all done in the same day typically ?

Thanks for your postings.

Regards
OBVAN:)

I walked in to the Houston Consulate and personally picked up OCI cards for my family and me.
Reached at about 10:30 am., dropped all our passports and a police report as I have lost my daughter's PIO card.
Picked up all 3 OCI cards and 3 stamped U.S. passports and 2 cancelled Indian passports at 4 pm.
Everything went well, and it looks like we're all done (for now)

I asked the lady behind the counter about what happens when the U.S. passport expires. She told me that we would need a new OCI card as well!!!! This is quite contrary to what I have read on the forum. I thought we may only need a new visa sticker on the new passport. Looks like she didn't have the correct information.

I'm done. Thanks to everyone on the forum for your help.

Hi OBVAN,

Any one of the applicants can collect OCI cards for all the other family members. Read the Houston Consulate's information on their website. Its clearly mentioned there.

Yes, the passport stamping (Indian passport cancellation, U.S. Passport stamping) and OCI card collection can all be done on the same day.
You drop off all passports in the morning before 12 noon and collect all passports + OCI cards in the evening around 4 pm.

Did any one get their OCI Card/Passport returned from CGI?

All

Did any body sent int their passports in last 2 weeks (around July 20) and got their passports back?

I sent my son's passport that reached CGI on 25th. I haven't seen it yet.

S_A_kumar

I sent mine on Tuesday, 08/05. Hoping that I get it back in a week's time.

Ravi, please update when you get your passport back from Houston. I sent my passports on 08/04 and it was received by houston on 08/06.

Can somebody who recently got their OCI and passport back from houston post the timeline.

Sure, chunu123. I mailed mine on 08/05 and delivered at the embassy on 08/06. Looking at the Houston timelines on this forum, it might be end of August before we receive our passports/OCI.

OCI Recd.

We recd. our son's passport from CGI houston.

We are over and out

s_a_kumar

timeline:

applied 4/4/08
recd. 4/7/08
acknowledged 5/27/08
scanned 7/9/08
granted 7/17/08
passport sent - 7/18/08
reached houston on 7/22/08
passport recd back to me on 8/12/08

All

Did any body sent int their passports in last 2 weeks (around July 20) and got their passports back?

I sent my son's passport that reached CGI on 25th. I haven't seen it yet.

S_A_kumar

OCI Timelines

OCI Application Sent: 05/30/2008
OCI Application Received by Houston CGI: 05/31/2008
Acknowledgment: 07/16/2008
Scanned: 08/04/2008
Granted: 08/13/2008
Printed: ?
Dispatched: ?
Documents received at Houston: ?

Congratulations, s a kumar !! Long ride, but finally over for you !!

Looking at your dates and others in this forum, I can expect my passport/OCI from Houston on or around 08/25.

OCI Application Sent: 05/30/2008
OCI Application Received by Houston CGI: 05/31/2008
Acknowledgment: 07/16/2008
Scanned: 08/04/2008
Granted: 08/13/2008
Printed: 08/14/2008
Dispatched: ?
Documents received at Houston: ?

Well, God smiled on me today!! I got my US passports with the U Visa, my cancelled India passports and the new OCI books today by FedEx.

Thanks to everyone who kept company throughout the process!!

Ravi, that was fast...Congrats. Did you add some extra money in your package....just kidding.

hopefully I should get soon since we both sent at the same time. Can you tell me if you have to sign the package or they left at front door.