OCI - Houston Tracker

Finally received stamped passport and OCI card :)
Here is timeline. Sorry for different date formats

Submitted online part A on 02/18/08
OCI part A + B and photocopy received by Houston on 2/22/08
Date Of Acknowledgment - 29-APR-2008
Photo/Signature Scanned On 09-MAY-2008
Registration Status Granted On 14-MAY-2008
Documents Printed On 14-MAY-2008
Documents Despatched From Delhi On 15-MAY-2008
Documents Received at HOUSTON 21-MAY-2008
Passports received at Houston: 5/27/2008
Received Passport and OCI back : 06/14/08

How come San Francisco and other filers are getting their OCIs much faster, and we at Houston are stuck in the basement?

How come San Francisco and other filers are getting their OCIs much faster, and we at Houston are stuck in the basement?

I also heard that SF is very good with email replies. Plus they are very fast on OCI/PIO. We are stuck with Houston :( Add to that they want kids OCI to be re-issued every 5 years till they are 20. So we are not done with Houston CGi yet.

17 days since acknowledged but no change in status, still saying 'Under Process'.

There were some folks in this forum who got ack end of May, did you guys see any change in your status since ack.

Thanks

No movement after scans.

Looks like we're all seeing the same pattern.... For me its been 26 days since acknowledgement (May 28, 2008), and 11 days since Photos/signatures were scanned (June 12, 2008), but still no movement. Its really frustrating!

A colleague at work was erroneously rejected for his OCI (his wife and daughters' OCIs were approved though), and there was no provision in the stupidly designed system to inform him of this outcome.
He waited for almost a month beyond his family's approval before he got frustrated and managed to contact the Houston consulate.
It was quite a nightmare for him to get the error corrected and get his OCI approved.

Mine was mailed on 04/28 and 'acknowledged' on 06/12. It is 12 days since then, and no updates. Looking at dates on this forum, I expect it to move to 'scanned' by 06/30.

Houston is a dog. SF is running like a hare, and so are some other consulates.

How come we are stuck in the slowest regions for both N400 and now OCI?

My OCI dates for acknowledgement(05/28/08) and document scan ( 06/12/08) are same as obajaj's. I see applications that were acknowledged after my applications already through approval and printing steps. I am very frustrated with the Houston OCI processing. Has anyone on this board been able to contact the OCI folks in Houston?

No activity on my son's application. Acknowledged on 5/27 and since then nothing not even scan. I am hoping they start moving along with all the applications.

s_a_kumar

OCI Finally "Granted" - 19 weeks

OCI Status:

Application form mailed by USPS on 08-FEB-2008
Application Received at Houston on 11-FEB-2008
Application Sent back to me -- 21-APR-2008 (supposedly for missing documents - which wasn't the case)
Application resent to Houston -- 22-APR-2008
Date of Acknowledgment -- 03-JUN-2008
Photo/Signature Scanned on -- 05-JUN-2008
Registration Status "Granted" On -- 24-JUN-2008
Documents Printing Status -- PRINTED
Documents Printed On -- 25-JUN-2008
Documents Despatched From Delhi On -- NOT DISPATCHED
Documents Received at HOUSTON -- NOT YET

You all need to take a look at how effeciently San Francisco and Chicago are processing OCI applications compared to Houston.

Houston is really the worst.

I posted it on page 18, but I will repeat them.
Application sent April 5
Acked - 19 May
Photos scanned 26 June

Finally Process for OCI completed. Here are details for my family

Application form mailed by USPS on 02/15/08
Application Received at Houston on 02/19/08

Date Of Acknowledgment 29-APR-2008

Application Status

Registration Status Granted On 14-MAY-2008
Photo/Signature Scanned On 09-MAY-2008
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 14-MAY-2008
Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on 15-MAY-2008
Documents Received at HOUSTON On 21-MAY-2008

Passports mailed for OCI stamp

Passports mailed on 28-MAY-2008
Passports recived at Houston 30-MAY-2008
Passports & OCI cards Returned with Visa stamp on 23-JUNE-2008

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen no change to my OCI application status since 06/12/08.

My timeline is as follows

Application mailed on 04/04/08
Application recipt at Consulate / Houston 04/07/08
Acknowledgement date 05/28/09
Documents scanned 06/12/08

Please share your timelines for application processing times reference

Once Houston Consulate receives our package (based on USPS tracking) when do we usually see any information about our application in the tracking website ? Is that the Acknowledgement Date that eeryone has on their signatures (like 2 months from the receipt date)? So we just wait and hope that our app would not be returned back to us?

Once Houston Consulate receives our package (based on USPS tracking) when do we usually see any information about our application in the tracking website ? Is that the Acknowledgement Date that eeryone has on their signatures (like 2 months from the receipt date)? So we just wait and hope that our app would not be returned back to us?

Yes. You will get the first update (acknowledgement) in about 6-8 weeks from the time you send your package. Till then, just pray and wait!!