OCI - Houston Tracker

Milk Pump check your status

Since we all got acknowledged and scanned same day, check your status, mine changed to GRANTED & PRINTED today(10/25)

Last edited by a moderator:
OCI Application Granted for Wife and Rejected for Kid

Can you please help???

My wife's OCI application was granted on OCt 25 (applied on Aug 21); however my kid's registration was granted on Oct 24 but photo/signature rejected on Oct 25.

Any ideas what the next step is for my kid? Should I send the photos and signature again or does consulate contact you?

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.

Can you please help???

My wife's OCI application was granted on OCt 25 (applied on Aug 21); however my kid's registration was granted on Oct 24 but photo/signature rejected on Oct 25.

Any ideas what the next step is for my kid? Should I send the photos and signature again or does consulate contact you?

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.

As per OCI status website "If there are any objections regarding Photographs/Signature/Thumb impression etc,the same should be cleared by the applicant by sending another copy of the document(s) to the concerned Mission/Office. "

Sent OCI application - No response

Hi guys,
I have sent my application on 10/17/2007. The usps tracker says documents delievered. But when I try to check the status online using online registration number, for Document received at, it shows - Not Yet.
Is this normal?

Thanks,
Dipal

Hi guys,
I have sent my application on 10/17/2007. The usps tracker says documents delievered. But when I try to check the status online using online registration number, for Document received at, it shows - Not Yet.
Is this normal?

Thanks,
Dipal

Very normal. Give about 3-4 weeks and start checking online for acknowledgment date.

Once your app is acknowledged , the process should be completed quickly and the U visa is ready for pickup in about 2-3 weeks from the date of acknowledgment

Last edited by a moderator:
OCI Granted

Status changed to "Granted" and the documents printed. I am close now. Now I gotta plan a trip to houston soon. The processing time seems to be pretty consistent for cases with close dates. I noticed that Milk also got it.
Good luck to everyone else too.

Still waiting

Hello everybody,

My forms reached Houston on 14th september and till today no sign of acknowledgment. Sent 3 emails already and no response. What a frustration? Any ideas please?

milk,netesh,pump and dump. Congratulations and I am glad for you all.

Thank you,
sailakfan

Status updated to "Granted", although not dispatched yet.

Dispatched now (10/30/07).

Usually the docs should reach in 2-3 days, but I have been tracking a case where it is more than 2 weeks, they haven't reached Houston yet.

Delays may be due to festival holidays..just a guess.

Lets hope our docs reaches Houston on time, so I can make a trip to Houston next week to get the stamp

Docs dispatched from Delhi

Documents despatched from Delhi on 30-OCT-2007. My guess is that it should take 7-10 days to reach Houston. We are getting closer.

Mine shows dispatched as well. What do we need to bring to the Consulate
besides the US passports? Do we need to bring a copy of the OCI application?

Mine shows dispatched as well. What do we need to bring to the Consulate
besides the US passports? Do we need to bring a copy of the OCI application?

I would take a printout of Online status details. They need the online registration number along with US Passport.

When the online status indicates that documents have been received at CGI, Houston, the applicant should send the original passport of citizenship and the valid/expired Indian Passport/PIO Card held by the applicant.

Once the online status indicates the date on which OCI Card reached CGI, Houston, there is no need of further confirmation on phone/fax/e-mail and the applicant can send the passports by mail or come personally. While mailing passport do not forget to write the file number in a covering letter along with the passport(s).

The applicants can also personally collect the OCI Card from the Consulate by depositing their original passports at the Counter from 0900-1230 hrs. The OCI Card can be picked up from 1600-1700 hrs. on the same day. One adult member of the family can collect the OCI Cards on behalf of all members of the family.

Check this link for more info

http://www.cgihouston.org/OCIStatus.html

Application number

My application number USAHI******* but when I look at spread sheet
on the Houston web site most of the applications are USAHO*******

Does any one got USAHI****** application number?

Sent application on Sep 5 th
Reached Houston on sep 7 th

acknowledged

Finally my wife's application has been acknowledged:

OCI - HOUSTON
24-Sep-07: Filled Online
28-SEP-07: Sent Part A & Part B
30-SEP-07: Received at Houston
31-OCT-07: Date Of Acknowledgment
XX-XXX-XX: Photo/Signature Scanned
XX-XXX-XX: Registration status Granted
XX-XXX-XX Documents Printed
XX-XXX-XX: Documents Dispatched From Delhi
XX-XXX-XX: Documents Received at Houston

danra123,

My app number is USAHI189???? as well so do not worry. But have you gotten ack yet because I am still waiting. Good luck

sailakfan

No Acknowledgment yet.

Hi danra123 and sailakfan,

I am in the same situation as you folks are. I am trying to call the CGI office but no success. No one is picking the phone. Looks like email is useless. May be they don't know how to use the technology. I tried the traditional snail mail for my status... no response. I am planning to drive to their office in person in couple of weeks if I don't hear from them.

BTW congrats to Milk, Pump and Ozone who had similar time line like me.

There are 2 #s

One is the Online Registration Number # (which you get it as soon as Part A is filed online) ... Format : USAHIxxxxx07

Second one is the File(Acknowledgment) No which you will see when your application is acknowledged. ...Format : USAHOxxxxx07