OCI - Houston Tracker

Just checked my staus.Hurray!!
They acknolwdged my OCI app in the last 1 hour or so.

Now it shows acknlwdged on 10/17/07.

Dump/Pump/Ozone, go check yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Milk

:cool: Congrats Milk.... Looks like the applications are moving like a snail. My status still remains the same.... May sometime this week I hope to get an acknowledged status.

Got acknowledged!!!!

Just checked my staus.Hurray!!
They acknolwdged my OCI app in the last 1 hour or so.

Now it shows acknlwdged on 10/17/07.

Dump/Pump/Ozone, go check yours.

Hey Milk,

I also got acknowledged. Same date as yours. The status on the
website shows as "Under Process". It's awesome.

Pump
4-Sep-07 : Filed Online
5-Sep-07 : Mailed Part A & Part B via Express Mail
6-Sep-07 : Received at Houston (per USPS tracking)
17-Oct-07: Date of Acknowledgement:D

Photo/Signature Scanned!

One more development...
The photo/signature got scanned today.
The case is moving.

Hey Milk - Since your dates are identical to mine I bet you also
would have had the same.

One more development...
The photo/signature got scanned today.
The case is moving.

Hey Milk - Since your dates are identical to mine I bet you also
would have had the same.

yeah. I checked it in the afternoon. They usually updating the statuses around noon timeframe.
I Updated my signature, but did not post a message as from now on the process moves very fast. We should get all the paper work ready in 2 weeks from now.

yeah. I checked it in the afternoon. They usually updating the statuses around noon timeframe.
I Updated my signature, but did not post a message as from now on the process moves very fast. We should get all the paper work ready in 2 weeks from now.

Yes Milk, We are close. Even though I paid for return enevelope, I am thinking of traveling to Houston for passport stamping and OCI booklet.

No Response

I sent in all my papers on sep 8 for the OCI. Houston received them on Sep 10. I waited for a month and started sending emails, voice mails (PABX), Fax messages and all are left unanswered until today. I need to know the status as to whether evertthing is Ok or if they have mailed back my application for any clarification etc. If they sent it to the wrong address or delivered at the wrong place I would not know. I would really appreciate if someone from Indian High Commission , OCI Office in Houston sends an email to let me know the status.

Yes Milk, We are close. Even though I paid for return enevelope, I am thinking of traveling to Houston for passport stamping and OCI booklet.

I don't trust people at Indian consulate to send my original passport for stamping and wait for weeks and weeks for its return. And also we have upcoming out of country pleasure trip coming up. I simply can not send it in and wait for its return (when that will be no one knows..it could be 1 week or 6 weeks). Don't want to jeopardize our vacation plans

So I did not even care to send the $15 for the passport return as I know for sure I will go to Houston to get it stamped.

Its good idea to drive to Houston and get it stamped and come back with the passport. Its just a day trip from Dallas.

Do we need appointment for this?

So I did not even care to send the $15 for the passport return as I know for sure I will go to Houston to get it stamped.

Its good idea to drive to Houston and get it stamped and come back with the passport. Its just a day trip from Dallas.

Milk, just one more question - Does CGI accept walk-ins for OCI U-Visa or do we need to seek a prior appointment with them?

Milk, just one more question - Does CGI accept walk-ins for OCI U-Visa or do we need to seek a prior appointment with them?

As far as I know, one can walk-in for U-Sticker/OCI at CGI. No appt. necessary (even if you want one, how can u get it? They won't pick up phone and it is almost impossible to talk a live one )

Drop in the passport in the morning and collect it in the afternoon.

There were few postings on this site where people have done walk-ins. So sit back and relax.

Read below:

http://www.cgihouston.org/OCIStatus.html

"No separate communication regarding status of OCI applications will be sent to the applicant. Once the online status indicates the date on which OCI Card reached CGI, Houston, there is no need of further confirmation on phone/fax/e-mail and the applicant can send the passports by mail or come personally. While mailing passport do not forget to write the file number in a covering letter along with the passport(s). "

Check their holiday schedule before you start driving to Houston

http://www.cgihouston.org/holidays.html

Thanks Milk!

Milk, thank you for that info. I will make sure that I do not land up there on a public holiday (US/INDIA). I appreciate the information that you gave me.

Good luck with the rest of the processing.

Hi:

My timeline is as follows:

OCI - HOUSTON
05-AUG-07: Filled Online
11-AUG-07: Sent Part A & Part B
15-AUG-07: Received at Houston
04-OCT-07: Date Of Acknowledgment
05-OCT-07: Photo/Signature Scanned
11-OCT-07: Registration status Granted
14-OCT-07: Documents Printed
XX-XXX-XX: Documents Dispatched From Delhi
XX-XXX-XX: Documents Received at Houston