OCI - Houston Tracker

Anyone applied recently to CGI-Houston ?

Mailed apps to CGI-HOUSTON - 07/03/06
Delivered - 07/05/06 ( from the confirmation receipt)
Online shows - apps is not yet ACknowledged

I also submitted my application on July 5th through Fedex Overnight. It was delivered on 07/06/2006. it still displays "Application with this number not yet Acknowledged". We will update once the status changes. Also, you guys have any idea when to expect the status to change? thanks

It looks like it takes about 2 weeks to generate the acknowledgement from the date CGI Houston receives the documents. In my case I sent the hard copy of Part A along with the other documents on 05/16/06. It reached CGI on 05/18/06. On 06/02/06 I received an email nforming me that the application was under process and telling me my acknowledgement no.

The online inquiry shows an acknowledgement date of 05/29/06. Hope this helps.

spal.
thanks for sharing the info. I have been looking for acknowledgemnt almost every day for the past 1 week. Now I know lookign at your timeline I can expect only around late next week. Keep us posted with your updates.

Hi Guys,

My status just changed to "Under Process". I keyed only the Online Registration No and clicked the Go key. All the fields in the forms changed. These are my details:

Package Sent by Fedex Overnight: July 5th 2006

Package delived to Houston CGI : July 6th 2006

Date Of Acknowledgment: 14-JUL-2006

I will update if anything changes. I request everybody to contribute their status so we can understand the timing better. thanks

My timeline

Package delivered to Houston CGI: July 3, 2006

Date of acknowledgement: July 14, 2006

Current status: under process

mine got delivered on July 5th 2006. But still there is no Acknowledgment. you guys r lucky.
Houston2006, glad to see you here as well.

How many photos are required when applying for OCI in Houston?

When I looked at the Houston Consulate's website, at one place it says that only two photos are required and in another place it says that five photographs are required. How many photographs are actually required? Can I send the US passport photo with a white background? Please advice. Thanks. Dallas N400 Guy

I still haven't received the Acknowledgement.

OCI Forms delivered to CGI-HOUSTON on July 5th 2006.
Date of Acknowledgement - Still waiting

I was hoping to see an acknwledgement today but still it's not acknowledged.

Date of Acknowledgement - Still waiting

I just called CGI houston. They seem to update the site frequently. Sometimes Friday happened to be that day. They haven't found my application yet. Once they enter in the system, we get an acknowledgement and also OCI processing for that application starts..

my updated timeline

Delivered to Houston CGI: July 3, 2006
Date of Acknowledgement: July 14, 2006
Photo/Signature scanned: July 21, 2006

that's great houston2006. I just saw my OCI FORM finally got acknowledged.

Date of Acknowledgement - 07/19/2006

Mailing fee question

I am ready to apply to houston CGI office for total 3 members of my family.

What is the mailing fee?

Is it $15.00?

Or $15.00 (primary applicant) + $1.00 (spouse) + $1.00 (minor child) = $17.00

Or is it $15.00 + $15.00 + $15.00 = $45.00.

Thanks for your help.