OCI for newborn- Parents are US Citizens and have OCI

vijayrc

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Me/Wife are naturalized citizens and have OCI.
First Kid born us citizen and have OCI.
We have a new one, and in the process of gathering documents. Indian consulate site is confusing on the documents needed.
If any of you in my boat and have gotten the OCI for a minor, let me know the documents needed. Thanks foryour help.
We belong to NY jurisdication.

Hi,
Me/Wife are naturalized citizens and have OCI.
First Kid born us citizen and have OCI.
We have a new one, and in the process of gathering documents. Indian consulate site is confusing on the documents needed.
If any of you in my boat and have gotten the OCI for a minor, let me know the documents needed. Thanks foryour help.
We belong to NY jurisdication.
You will need US Birth certificate of Child, US passport of child and Copy of your Cancelled Indian passport (to show that you are Father/mother of Child and were Indian Citizens) Copy of your US passport , Copy of your OCI. you will apply the Child OCI online (as you applied your Family OCI) and Part B will be signed by Both the parents as you both are applying Child OCI.
***Make a cover letter and send copy of maximum documents from your side.
*** What is the confusion on NYC Indian Consulate site for Child OCI??

You will need US Birth certificate of Child, US passport of child and Copy of your Cancelled Indian passport (to show that you are Father/mother of Child and were Indian Citizens) Copy of your US passport , Copy of your OCI. you will apply the Child OCI online (as you applied your Family OCI) and Part B will be signed by Both the parents as you both are applying Child OCI.
***Make a cover letter and send copy of maximum documents from your side.
*** What is the confusion on NYC Indian Consulate site for Child OCI??

Me/Wife have OCI [which means we have proved our Indian roots etc].
Do we still need to send indian passports-cancelled, besides our OCI?
Just too much being asked. Dont mind sending, but would appreciate anyone who had been in the same boat and what they had sent.

Thx

Me/Wife have OCI [which means we have proved our Indian roots etc].
Do we still need to send Indian passports-cancelled, besides our OCI?
---Nothing wrong if you send COPY of your Indian cancelled passports pages that have cancelled stamps and your name, DOB, your photo.
Just too much being asked. Dont mind sending, but would appreciate anyone who had been in the same boat and what they had sent.
---------------- One of my friend applied recently for his US born Child OCI. He had sent Copy of his cancelled Indian Passport, Copy of His OCI, Child US birth certificate Notarized Copy, Copy of Child US passport and online Prinit out of application and Part B was signed by him and his wife with both the names that they are applying Child ABC OCI.Photo, OCI Fees. It was Travisa NYC.
Thx

You are dealing with Indian Consulate send maximum documents and make a cover letter and write what is attached. on Cover letter write your Name (Father ofXXXX) your Phone #, Email, Address.

You are dealing with Indian Consulate send maximum documents and make a cover letter and write what is attached. on Cover letter write your Name (Father ofXXXX) your Phone #, Email, Address.

Well said and taken.
Remember the day when I applied for PIO and send the documents. It was like a 2Quire Notebook and I hope they used that document bunch as a stand for their monitor.:cool: